Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: After six weeks of rehearsal and six performances in four days, I'm officially free! This was supposed to have been updated sooner, but my parents are determined to keep me off. It's Thanksgiving break!
Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Logan awoke to the sound of thunder outside. He looked over at Storm, who was tossing and turning in her sleep while moaning and whimpering like a scared little girl. "'Ro, wake up darlin'," he whispered shaking her shoulder.

Storm awoke with a gasp, shooting up. it wasn't long before the stinging in her back began to register, and she reached back to feel.

"I wouldn't do that darlin'," Logan said, stopping her hand before it could reach the wrap.

she looked at him curiously, but then gasped as the events from earlier that night came rushing back at her.

"It's okay, 'Ro, he's gone."

Storm looked away, hugging her knees to her chest as tears slowly streamed down her face once again.

"Ehat happened to your back?" Logan asked sitting down next to her on the bed.

"T'Challa," Storm whispered. "The first time he sent me to Sabretooth, I used my powers on him. T'Challa was extremely angry that I used them; he grabbed a whip and made one of the guards flog me until I was about ready to pass out from the pain." She sniffed and sobbed for a moment before continuing. "Ever since then, I've held back on using powers on Sabretooth, but sometimes my control slips and he has me flogged until either I'm about to pass out, or I'm bleeding to heavily for him to continue."

"What exactly ae your powers, darlin?"

She gave him a small smile. "Shouldn't it be obvious? I manipulate the weather." Her eyes became pure white with a flash of thought; the storm that had been brewing outside dissipated in a matter of seconds, afterwards her eyes reverted back to normal.

"So you're the reason for the dreary weather," Logan said teasingly, hoping it might cheer her up a bit.

storm nodded sadly. "Unfortunately my powers are linked to my emotions. I have to keep a tight leash on them, or else I could cause a disaster."

Logan nodded understanding the need for control or risk doing something that he would regret later. "I understand that very well," he said quietly.

"You have to watch your anger or risk a bezerker episode," Storm finished for him. Logan looked at her in slight surprise. "T'Challa used to tell me all about the avengers and their missions," she explained. "So, I know a lot about the people involved."

Mentioning that brought back a lot of painful memories for her, and she choked back a sob. Logan wiped the tears from her eyes and hugged her protectively. He would protect her whatever the cost, he felt like it was his duty to protect her, not only as an Avenger, but as a token to his honor code... and perhaps something more.

SaS

The beast walked into the penthouse, returning to his master. "Did you find her?" The Black Panther asked.

"Yes," Sabretooth replied. "Gave her a nice whipping too. Unfortunately, the runt got in the way, so I wasn't able to extract her."

"The runt?" T'Challa demanded, whirling around to face his minion. "She's been staying with Wolverine?!"

Sabretooth nodded. Anger coursed through Panthers veins, causing his fists to clench and tremble. Sabretooth decided to leave out the part that she hadn't been sleeping with Wolverine. What would the fun in that be?

"I want her in front if me by the end o he week," he growled. "I don't care if you have to burn down all of New York to get her. Age just better be in from of me... Alive."

A/N: so, if it wasn't made clear earlier, I'm basing this off of if they never met before. I'm also a big hugger, so if you're wondering why so many, that's just me.


Chapter End Notes:
A/N: so, if it wasn't made clear earlier, I'm basing this off of if they never met before. I'm also a big hugger, so if you're wondering why so many, that's just me.



You must login () to review.