Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Okay, because of the holiday season I took a break from this and began my holiday stories. I'll be posting more of those hopefully this week or next week, anyway, here's the next chapter to Safe and Sound.
Sabretooth dropped Storm in front of the Black Panther. "Go," T'Challa ordered. Sabretooth obeyed without arguement, knowing that he would get his share in the torment later. Storm stirred, and her eyes fluttered open. "Ororo, Ororo, Ororo..." he began, tapping his palm with a folded whip, she gasped and sat up like a bolt of lightning. "How long have we known each other? Since we were children, right?"

Storm just stared up at him, fear coursing through her body. "T'Challa... please-"

"SILENCE!" T'Challa barked, raising the whip. Instinctively, Storm raised her hands to block the blow. After a moment, he lowered the whip, and continued circling her. "I gave you everything, Ororo. Everything you would ever need; I made you a Queen... and you threw all that away!" He whipped her once, then again. "Spat in my face!" He listened to her screams with satisfaction. "Tell me, Storm... did you enjoy making love to him?"

"T'Challa... n-nothing-" she was cut off as he whipped her again.

"Don't lie to me," he growled. "I know you were with him."

"He was sheltering me," Storm replied, tears coming down her face.

"Oh," T'Challa sneered, "he was sheltering you. Did he give you food? Water? A nice warm bed?"

"If you mean warm by blankets, then yes," she replied. All that earned her was another slash of the whip.

"You're lying, Ororo!"

"No, T'Challa-" he silenced her by flogging her repeatedly, her screams echoing down the halls. Sabretooth was at the doorway, and heard it all. He had a sick twisted smile on her face, imagining what he would be doing to make her scream.

SaS

Logan woke up on the street, someone shaking him to wake up. "Logan...Logan..." a southern female voice said. Logan looked up to see a girl with a white streak through her hair.

"Rogue?" Logan asked.

"What happened, Logan?" Rogue asked.

"Someone must've knocked me out," Logan said, rubbing the back of his head. He looked up to his apartment building on fire... the very floor he lived on up in smoke. "No!" he growled.

"Logan!" Rogue called going after him. "Logan there's no one in there!"

"What?"

"There's no one up there; the fire department has already checked the place out."

SNIKT! The claws came out. "They have her."

"What?" Rogue asked, perplexed by his behavior. "Who has her?"

"Sabretooth has her, and more than likely the Black Panther too."

"Who're ya talkin' 'bout?"

"Storm."

"Panther's wife?" Rogue asked, really confused.

"I'll explain to ya on the way, but I'm gonna need yer help. Are ya in?"

SaS

Storm was too weak to move, the pain overwhelmed her senses. T'Challa looked down at her in disgust, throwing down his bloody whip. "Victor!" Sabretooth walked in the door. "Get her out of my sight. Do what you like with her. Make sure she doesn't make it to court tomorrow."

Sabretooth smiled, grabbing her body, he took her to his quarters.

SaS

When the two heroes reached the Wakandan embassy, Logan and Rogue entered through a window. "You look for 'Ro, I'll look for the Panther." Logan sniffed the air. He hurried to a marble room where the walls were splattered with blood, with a small pool in the center of the room. He was about to figure out whose blood it was, when someone attacked him from above.

"I figured you'd come," Panther growled. Logan aimed a punch, but missed as the Black Panther dodged to the side with the grace of his namesake. SNIKT! the claws came out.

"Where is she, bub?" Logan demanded.

"No where you'll ever find her," Panther replied, circling his opponent.

Logan lunged at the Panther, with a growl, his hand ready to strike.

SaS

Rogue flew high in the ceiling, making sure to keep out of sight. She wished she had imprinted Logan so that she had his heightened sense of smell. Suddenly, the smell of a graveyard hit her nose. As much as she didn't want to follow the stench, she didn't want to let Logan down.

SaS

Storm was still in a lot of pain as she woke up, however, it dimmed a bit. She opened her eyes to see she was in a dark room. The stench of blood and wet dog. Her back stung like a thousand bee stings, but it wasn't as bad as before. She sat up, looking around. It was too dark to see if anyone was in the room, but if she was quick enough...

"Hello, your majesty," a sneering growl came from the shadows. Storm gasped, looking toward the direction the voice came. A moment later, someone grabbed her by the shoulders, claws piercing the skin, and knocked her to the floor. She cried out in pain as her back touched the floor. Sabretooth followed her to the floor, grabbing her forearms and pinning them just above her head. "The more you struggle, the worst it will be," he growled, his horrid breath hitting her face as she tried to turn away from him. "Of course," he added, inhaling her scent through her exposed neck. "I might be gentle if I heard that scream I've been looking for..." she aimed a punch at his face.

SaS

Rogue found the room when she heard a cry of pain. The door was closed, but it stunk of Sabretooth. She heard the ragged rapid breathing of someone else, clearly afraid. Slowly, she opened the door and saw Storm on the floor, with Sabretooth on top of her. She couldn't quite hear what he was telling her, but obviously, it was something she didn't want to hear as the punch she threw landed square in the jaw. "Ouch!" Rogue muttered. "Nice one sugah."

Sabretooth was not amused at all. He slapped her across the face, causing a cry to be released. Rogue slowly closed the door, and flew off to find Logan.

SaS

Logan had finally managed to land a good blow to the Panther's rib cage, breaking a few ribs. "You had no right to treat her the way you did," Logan growled, raising his hand to deliver another blow to the Panther.

"Wolverine!" Rogue called, making Logan pause for a second.

"What is it, Rogue?" Logan asked, holding the Panther by the jugular.

"It's Sabretooth! He has Storm!"

Logan felt his beast ready to take over, but he had enough self-control to sheath his claws before punching the Panther again, knocking him out. "Where are they, darlin'?"

"Follow me!"

SaS

Tears stung the scratches on Storm's face as the animal bit into her skin. Suddenly, she felt his claws going up her thigh and knew what was bound to happen if she didn't stop him. "No..." she whispered, putting up her hands to try and stop him.

The door bursted open, and Logan rushed toward Sabretooth. The two brawled for a moment, when Rogue took off one of her gloves and absorbed Sabretooth's psych. She shuddered as his thoughts became hers.

"'Ro?" Logan asked as he slowly approached the battered woman. She was in worse shape than the day her found her nearly a month ago. "Darlin'..."

She looked at him, fear, shame and disgust were all in her eyes. He knelt down next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder, praying she wouldn't strike him with a lightning bolt. When she realized who it was, she leaned into his open arms, and began crying her heart out again. "It's okay, 'Ro, you're safe now," he murmured into her ear.

Rogue cleared her throat. "I hate to ruin this moment, but I think we should get outta here, before the Panther wakes up."

Logan nodded, gathering Storm up in his arms, and racing outside.





You must login () to review.