Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Alright, so this may or may not be the last chapter. Special thanks to: Jazphace one of the top reviewers who I'm grateful for many reviews; Soul93, Hervissa, Raven-haired Beauty, though she is newer, she still is a great supporter of my stories (particularly my more recent ones); Hamsta97; QTFics, another top reviewer who's opinion I highly respect; Ev, Kira48, Stacymc2012, Crystalskies14, Jade, and the Guest reviewers I may have missed.
Several weeks later, Storm was looking out over a balcony in a hotel room. "'Ro?" Logan called, coming up behind her. She turned and smiled at him, kissing him lightly on the lips. "What's wrong, darlin'?"

Storm sighed. "Are we sure he didn't track us?" she asked, looking into Logan's eyes. Logan enveloped her in his embrace. Since the day he rescued her from certain death, he had not let her out of his sight. About a month ago, he had proposed to her, after the divorce between the Panther and her had been final. She of course got nothing, and that was fine by her.

"I ain't gonna lie ta ya, 'Ro, I can't be certain of anything," he told her. "But, I can take precautions to keep ya safe."

Storm chuckled. "Yes, the Penthouse is definitely the best spot for us."

"It is for a honeymoon vacation," Logan said, kissing her. "I love ya, darlin'."

"I love you too, Logan," Storm said, slipping away from him as she walked out onto the balcony. It was pitch black out there, and the fireworks were to begin soon.

"What's wrong, darlin'?" Logan asked, joining her out there in the balcony.

"Second thoughts I guess," Storm replied. "I know that I love you, and you love me...but, I'm scared that this marriage will end badly again."

Logan wrapped his arm around her. "You know I could never hurt ya like T'Challa did," he said softly. She nodded, but kept her eyes averted from his. Logan sighed, kissing the top of her head. She gave into his embrace, knowing that he was speaking the truth. Unlike Sabretooth and T'Challa, he had a code of honor. Whatever he said, he meant.

"I'm sorry, Logan," she said, turning back to face him.

"No need ta be sorry, darlin'," he replied, holding her tighter. "I understand perfectly."

Storm looked up into his eyes, searching his eyes. He looked deeply into hers, and kissed her deeply. She returned it with just as much passion. That was when the fireworks literally went off, and Logan's watch beeped. They broke the kiss then to look at the time, then smiled at each other. "Happy New Year, 'Ro," he whispered.

"Happy New Year, Logan," Storm replied, kissing him.

SaS

Logan slipped under the covers next to his newly wed wife. "Hey," she said.

"Darlin,'" he said, picking up his wine glass and clinking it to hers. "To the New Year." She echoed him, finishing up the last of her wine and placing back on the bedside table, propping herself on her elbow.

"What're you thinking?" he asked as she traced her fingers through his chest hair. He closed his eyes in content.

"How did I get so lucky?" she asked him. "You found me battered at a bus stop with nothing, took me in, and now here you are as my husband."

He reached up and stroked her hair back. "Maybe fate has a way with things." She smiled and kissed him. He turned them over, so that he was on top, kissing her back. He trailed kisses down her neck to her chest and back up again. She moaned with every breath. By the time the last firework went off, the two were breathlessly lying down next to each other. "Happy New Year, 'Ro," Logan whispered into her ear breathlessly. She moaned, barely stirring in her sleep as Logan wrapped his arm around her.


Chapter End Notes:
A/N: I'm thinking about a sequel. And no worries about the sequel to Recovery, I've been working on that. It should be posted soon. Happy New Year!



You must login () to review.