Logan awoke to the banging of someone on his door. He got up grumpily and headed out onto the base. After eating, he went to his post at the edge of the fence and waited. The love of his life would meet him there usually, and he would give her medical supplies to help her people, or something extra to prevent her from starving to death. For some reason, though, she wasn't there.

After about an hour, he was really starting to get worried. "Where are ya, 'Ro..." he muttered, looking at his watch. He was suddenly called to the brig, where they kept their prisoners... he shuddered with the thought of having to watch another interrogation. Recently, most of them had been women, being assaulted by over aggressive men... he shook it off and continued on.

After taking the elevator to the lower levels of the base, Logan walked through a dimly lit hall to a dark room with barely enough light to see at all. He stopped when he saw the guards and his captain. One of them was his half-brother, Victor Creed. The prisoner, though, was the one person he did not want in this mess... Ororo Munroe, the woman he had been waiting for.

"Welcome, Logan," Captain Butcher said with a twisted smile. "Sorry we had to meet like this, but we had a little thief sneaking around." He slapped her across the face, and Logan barely managed to hide the rage and the flinch that came along with it. "From the other natives we've talked to, apparently she's their 'goddess.'"

"So?" Logan asked casually. "What do we want from her?"

"We'll be using her for negotiations," Butcher explained. "So that the natives have a chance to relocate. This could be the answer to end all the fighting that's been going on. With their deity here in front of us, I'm sure they'll do just about anything to keep her alive."

"Why do you seek to drive us out of our home?" Ororo asked, earning a slap from Victor, who enjoyed taking part in these interrogations.

"Quiet, Witch," Victor growled in her ear her, the claws coming out to scrape her skin.

"Why not put her in the brig with the other prisoners?" Logan asked, trying to distract them.

"The woman stole something from the medical center," Butcher said, turning to put some gloves on, which told Logan he was preparing for a session. "When we searched her, there was nothing on her, so we need to know who her accomplice was and where they went."

Ororo looked at Logan pleadinglg; her eyes begging him to stop this. Logan was at a loss of what to do. He loved this woman with all his heart, and to see her tortured was not something he was going to allow. He also was with her the night before, and if word got out about them, he was done for. He took only another moment to hesitate before reaching a decision.





You must login () to review.