Logan couldn't understand what was going on with his wife. During these past few weeks, there had been a massive change in her behavior. Usually when he hugged her, she would smile and laugh; lately, though, she would tense up until she realized who it was. He also noticed that their love making was extremely different; she used to enjoy it, but they were making love less and less often now, and she never smiled like she used to the few days they actually did make love.

He also noticed fresh bruising on her wrists a couple of days ago, but whenever he asked about them, she would just say she had been sparring with someone. Every night, now also for the last week, he would have to either wake Ororo up from either a nightmare, or he would wake up to find her in tears. He avoided asking her about it, but it broke his heart to know that she was in pain, and there was nothing he could do about it.

L

Another night of tears, Storm thought bitterly, retaining enough sense to keep the weather clear. How did it get this far? It was only supposed to be a one-time thing... wasn't it?

She felt Logan shift next to her, bringing her out of her thoughts. She knew he was really awake, but he didn't want to agitate her more. The truth was, though, that is was him that she wanted- his touch, his deep gruff voice whispering in her ear. I had no choice... it was me or one of the children... my daughter included... I would rather die than have a monster like that touch her or any of the others! She closed her eyes as the final tears came down. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up... before something happens that I will regret...

Logan wrapped his arm around her. "I love ya, darlin'," he whispered. "I just wish you would tell me what's causin' ya so much pain." He kissed her cheek gently, before settling back down behind her.

This needs to stop... or else something will happen that I'm going to regret.





You must login () to review.