Ororo Munroe looked into the mirror when she got back to her apartment, and wondered when it got so out of control? Yes, she was in the dumps, and she needed the money, but she did not sign up to get slapped around by her boss. The bruises on her cheek had deepened to a black blue, as she went to shower. It was times like these that she still wished she was a pickpocket and not just a piece of meat to some man.

As she laid down in her bed, she wished she could find someone who would love her for what she was, and not what she delivered.

BtM

Jean Grey-Summers stood at the bar, washing glasses. The married ones had it easier. "Hey, Ororo," Jean said, looking at another girl to see if she would take over. When she reached the white-haired woman sitting there, she knew what had happened. "Oh, Storm, not again," she said, going into the ice bucket and getting a towel of ice. "Come with me."

She took her into the girl's bathroom, and gently pressed the ice against her bruised eye. Ororo flinched, but she didn't pull away. She couldn't hide this from her best friend. "I wish they would stop doing this to you," Jean said. "You deserve better."

Ororo kept silent, and Jean sighed. After reapplying the makeup, she led her friend back to the bar. "It's on the house," Jean said, offering a smile, which Ororo returned. The smile faded when some unwanted company showed up. "If it isn't the 'goddess'," Emma Frost said mockingly.

"Put a sock in it, Emma," Jean retorted, glowering at her. Everyone knew that Emma and Ororo were the top competition, Emma always coming second to Ororo. "She doesn't need you bullying her tonight."

"Well at least the men I sleep with are gentlemen," Emma continued, smirking as she caught Ororo's eye.

"Problem, ladies?" Victor Creed, the owner of the entire club asked.

"No, Victor," Emma replied smugly.

"Good." He walked over to Ororo, his hands rolling down her backside. "I've got another job for you, Princess," Victor growled into her ear, squeezing and causing her to jump. Jean wanted to strangle him, but he was also her boss, and with Scott out of work, she needed this job.

"What is it?" Ororo whispered, trying hard to suppress her fear.

"See that guy in a trench coat?" he asked pointing at someone not too far from the bar.

"Yes."

"He's the body guard for the next senator of the state. I need you to steal his wallet, and phone."

"Why?"

"That's none of your business," he growled, digging his fingernails into her shoulder, causing her to gasp. Jean tensed as she watched the scene. "Besides," he said more calmly, stroking her cheek. "You do this for me, and I just might give you the night off..."

Ororo nodded, and he left her alone. "You're not really going to do it, are you?" Jean asked.

"What choice do I have?" Ororo asked, getting up from the bar and walking toward the guy. "Can I help you with something?" Ororo asked, tapping the man on the shoulder, and slipping her hand into his pocket.

The man turned to look at her. "Yeah, think you can give me some company?"

"Sure," she replied, praying it wasn't the kind of company that he was going to pay her for. "Can I get us some drinks?"

"Of course," he replied, looking into her blue eyes.

"I'll be right back." After grabbing the wallet and cell phone, she slid them over to Jean who had the other girl make the drinks while she got all the info off of the cards and cell phone. Giving her the drinks and the stolen items back.

"He hasn't asked anything of you?" Jean asked.

"Just some company," Ororo replied as she left. Logangladly took the beer as she put the items back into his pocket. "Here's your beer," she said, handing him his bottle.

"Thanks, darlin'," he replied, taking a swig. "So, who runs this place?"





You must login () to review.