Author's Note: This is after the fundraiser FYI.
____________________________________________________________
Loosening his bowtie, Logan tried his absolute hardest to not start yelling in the back of a limo. Viper paid him no mind, texting away on her phone as though she hadn’t ruined a special moment between lovers. God, he wanted to wring her neck. Fuck his vow to never harm a woman-- Viper was the goddamn devil and she needed to go back to Hell. His knuckles flexed, the joints popping from the strain.

“That was a nice party,” she mused. “Wouldn’t you say?” she asked, looking at him. “I think Ororo enjoyed herself.” Her phone vibrated and she immediately went back to texting. “She’s incredibly beautiful. I can see why you sleep with her.”

“Her beauty ain’t the only reason I sleep with her. You’re a beautiful woman and I’d sooner die than put my dick into that desert you call your snatch,” he said crudely.

“So you’re not denying it?” It was framed as less a question and more a statement.

“No point in denying it.” Logan grabbed the bottle of scotch sitting idly in the back and poured himself a glass. He needed it. He was able to drink two glasses before the driver pulled up to their mansion. They thanked the driver and got out, the driver none the wiser to what was about to happen inside.

Once inside, Logan made a beeline to the kitchen, specifically the fridge. “Getting more alcohol, Logan?” He grunted dismissively. “You sure you’re not an alcoholic?” Viper sneered.

“Yup. But if I was one you could blame yerself. You make me want to be an alcoholic,” he said, grabbing a Molson from the fridge. He popped the tab and took a hearty gulp.

“I bet Ororo likes your drinking.”

“She don’t but she understands it’s not serious. She has common sense.” Logan took a sip. “Unlike some people.”

“Oh, I have common sense.” Viper crossed her arms and watched Logan. “And pride.”

“You saying I don’t have pride or Roro doesn’t have pride?” he asked cooly.

“Roro?- that’s cute.” Viper hated the anger bubbling under her skin. “Yes, I was talking about your whore.”

“Hey!” Logan shouted, lowering the bottle from his lips. “She’s not a whore.”

“Then what is she, Logan, if she’s not a whore?”

“She’s...” Logan put the bottle down, “Everything you’ll never be. She’s perfect.”

Viper let out a bark of laughter. “If she’s so perfect, why are you still with me?”

“She wouldn’t let me be with her.” It wasn’t a lie, but it was enough of the truth. “But I will be with her. Soon.”

“Oh, really?” Logan nodded. “Okay, I’ll bite. Why?”

“Because we’re going to have a baby.”

It was quiet in the kitchen for all of two seconds before Viper started laughing hysterically. She gripped her sides and doubled over, unable to contain herself. Logan watched, assured Viper had taken a dive off the deep end; he expected her rancor but not her laughter. Regardless, he still didn’t give a damn about what she felt. She could find the situation funny all she wanted, but the didn’t change the fact that Logan was still going to leave her.

When Viper calmed, she wiped tears from the corner of her eyes. “Oh, Logan, you idiot. You really think you’ll leave me now that’s she’s pregnant.” She clucked her tongue. “You should’ve left me sooner because now...”

“What the hell ’re you going on about?”

“You wouldn’t leave me before. This is an excuse.”

“It’s a reason--”

“And if she wasn’t pregnant?” Viper asked. She approached him, her head shaking lazily. “What if she wasn’t even alive?” She cupped Logan’s cheek, having transfixed him with her words. She dug her nails into his flesh and forced him to look at her. “What if your baby and whore were dead, Logan? Would you still leave me?”

“You wouldn’t.” He tried to be confident in his answer, but his voice wavered ever so slightly.

“Would I?” She cocked a brow. “You about what I used to do. My... previous line of work.” Viper flashed Logan a cruel smile. “If you see her, dear husband, I will kill her,” she promised. Viper, holding his shocked and worried gaze, nodded slowly. “I will kill her.” When she was sure the message had sunk in, she poured his remaining beer down the drain and took a step back. “Don’t stay up too late, dear."





You must login () to review.