Logan didn't know where to take the pissed off woman, so he simply dragged her to a locker room and locked the door behind them. And while it wasn't the best place to take someone, at least they were secluded and no one could get in. It was just a bonus there weren't any objects she could throw around. He hoped.

Ororo whipped around to face him, her lips in a thin line. "I thought I said I never wanted to speak to you again."

Logan snorted. "The way you're acting you won't have anyone left to talk to by the time the hour's up. So keep burning yer bridges," he taunted. He waited for her reaction, for her face to soften and for her to come to her senses. Her face stayed hard.

Stubborn, this one, he surmised.

"Said some real awful shit back there," he said.

"Yes," she admitted, her voice hard. "It doesn't concern you--"

"It does when I have to save yer ass from gettin' beat--"

"You think I don't know how to handle myself in a fight?" She smirked. She relaxed her stance, though Logan could tell when someone was still tense. "If I wanted, I could move you from the door."

Logan cocked a brow. "I doubt that, darlin." She strode towards him, her walk lethal. Logan wondered if this woman ever was a model in her past life... "You gonna try?"

She stopped an arms length from him. "I will if you don't move. Out. Of. My. Way."

Logan folded his arms to his chest. "Not until you calm down."

"I'm an adult, Logan; let's not play these games."

He wanted to laugh. It always seemed like whenever someone was acting childishly, they would wave their age around like a badge. When would people realize age didn't mean maturity? "I can see yer an adult. What I don't see is you actin' like one." He clicked his tongue. "Getting into fights with sisters... Closing yourself off from yer family. Not good, darlin. Not good at all."

"Do not tell me how to act."

There was a pregnant pause between them. Logan was waiting for her to say something or for Scott and Jean to bang on the door. For something to happen, but nothing ever did.

"Then tell me why you acted like that." Logan watched as the hard expression on Ororo's face became confused. "Tell me why you said all that nasty crap," he said, throwing an arm out. "Tell me why you ain't been to Charles's grave. Even I've been a few times and I'm not kin."

Ororo stepped back and shook her head. "No--"

"You're gonna have to talk to someone, darlin," he said softly, putting a hand on her elbow. She looked at him and bit her lip. "I don't know you, but I just know you can't keep holding onto what's eating you."

"I hardly even know you."

"Sometimes we need to talk to a stranger, 'cause you ain't gonna be able to talk to Scooter and Jeannie for the next few days. You can count on that with everything you did today." Though he hadnt had much time to process everything that had happened today--Ororo's drama had been top priority for everyone-- Logan knew he was a little embarrassed that Scott had caught them by the pool. He'd have to make some sort of an apology to Scott.

She looked at him, her face nervous and had to read. She looked tired, he felt. Tired and apprehensive.

"I won't tell a soul," he promised.

Ororo nodded and licked her lower lip. "I have been to his grave," she admitted softly. "I go all the time."


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for the long wait. Hoped you enjoy the tease, though.





You must login () to review.