AUTHOR'S NOTE: Oh, wow! I'm seriously sorry. I've been going through some weird stuff like being in an on-and-off relationship (WORD TO THE WISE: OFF IS ALWAYS BETTER), catching up with friends, and I've just celebrated my 19th birthday so I've sort put everything to the backburner. I'm also sorry that this is gonna be a micro chapter because I'm trying to not pack in drama so I can wrap this up. SORRY! I've appreciated all my reviews- they're seriously amazing.



Jean looked around the couch, trying to find the remote. It was almost a law of the universe: Whenever you needed to change the channel from a commercial break, the remote would go missing. She briefly wondered why that was and why she was too lazy to just get up and manually change the channel. She shrugged; she was used to the convenience.

"Here," Logan grunted, holding out the remote. "It was on the table. I was just returning it."

"That's weird," Jean said, giving him a suspicious look. "I had it not five minutes ago."

Logan smirked. "Then you must've put it there."

Jean scoffed but couldn't help smiling. "Must have." She grabbed the remote and dropped down. She looked up at Logan when she noticed he wasn't leaving the room. "Uh... You want to join me?"

Logan shrugged and still sat. He remained quiet, watching Jean flick through the channels before she found something that caught her eye. It was some stupid comedy but it was better than hearing about the price of gold. He could feel her staring at him, though. "What?"

"Oh, nothing." Jean huffed a breath and smiled. "Scott sent you, right?"

"Nope."

"Oh," she said softly. She looked at the TV, quieter than before. "Ororo, then."

"I do what I want, if you hadn't noticed."

"Scott sure did." Logan and Jean looked at each other, both surprised at what she'd said. After a few moments, they both broke out laughing. "He was so mad!" Jean looked over her shoulder and smiled conspiratorially. "It was like he'd never seen a porno before."

"Gross. I don't wanna think about Scott and porn; not in the same sentence, at least. Gross, Jeannie." She threw her head back and laughed, the sound almost hysterical. (Logan figured she'd been saving that joke for a while.) When she settled, Logan smiled at Jean. "You better, then?"

"Ugh, Logan. Why'd you have to..." She huffed a breath. "I'm not better but I guess I understand it better. Well, I don't understand but... At least I know." Jean fiddled with her hands. "And as much as I hate it, it's hard to stay angry at someone you love so much."

"You ain't gotta tell me."

Jean smirked. "I guess that's right."

"Meaning?"

"I'm not saying you love her, but I do mean you like her."

"I wasn't talking about her, Jean." Jean mouthed "oh" and nodded. "But you're right enough. I do like her. She's got a charm to her when she's not bein' fucking difficult."

Jean let out a small laugh. "She was always headstrong as a child. Very independent. I used to look up to her." Jean grabbed the remote again and began flicking through the channels again. "Ah, well."

"Why not just let 'er know?- that yer not angry any more. She opened up to you." Logan turned to face Jean better, waiting.

"I want to say it's not that simple--"

"But it is."

"Yeah." Jean nodded. "It's been a rough few years. And it would be nice to live in a house where we're not planning on killing each other. Sure would make breakfast a lot safer." Logan grinned. "Though it would be nice to see you and Scott go at it shirtless."

"Really, Jean: Gross. I almost don't mind the fact that yer married."

"I'm married, not dead. If Scott can look at Ororo, I can look at you," Jean argued.

"Scott looks at Ro?" Logan immediately asked.

Jean gave a nonchalant shrug. "Why?-you jealous?" Jean taunted. Logan quickly got up. "Where are you going? To find Scott?" Jean paused. "Will you be shirtless?"

"I'm just gonna... Take a walk. Enjoy your crap. I hear they get into a fight."

Jean turned back to her show. "This is a housewife show, of course they get into a fight."





You must login () to review.