Author's Note: Alright this one is a bit more involved; I kinda wanted to show how Ororo's arrival might be taking a negative toll on Scott and Jean. Also... If there are any questions you wanted answered just lemme know (preferably in a review so I can catch it, y'know?) Also, if you're wondering I've moved on from that guy and it's whatever. The great thing about college has to be the single hot guys.



"Damn it," Ororo muttered, running a hand through her hair. Scott was nowhere in sight and she honestly didn't feel like talking to him. What could she say? Sorry for having sex by the pool but I'm an adult and can make my own decisions? And if she were to be honest, she really just wanted to get away from Logan.

She glanced over her shoulder, making sure no one was following her before ducking into an empty bathroom. She buried her face in her hands and started counting backwards from ten. She needed to think. She was acting crazy and she knew it. If she were to keep up this behavior she would... Well, she didn't want to scare anyone again. Hell, she didn't even want any attention brought on herself and yet that was all she ever did nowadays.

Straightening her shoulders, closing her eyes, and breathing slowly, she began mentally counting. When Ororo hit zero, she decided enough was enough. She wasn't going to continue feeling like crap over everything. What happened had happened and if she wasn't sorry for it then that was that. No more pussyfooting about. Yes, she was resigned.

Now, admittedly, she wished Scott hadn't caught her having sex with someone-- she could've been looking at a picture involving sex and she would've felt awkward about it-- but it had happened. And she could've handled the Logan thing better, but that had happened, too... And...

God, thinking about Logan made her anxiety rise. She'd really made a mess of things.

When she rose to go find Scott, Ororo found herself taking a wrong turn and facing an ajar doorway. She paused, slightly confused. She hadn't any reason to be confused, and yet something about this room was strange. She pushed the door open and stepped inside.



"...I really don't know, Jean. I really don't," Scott said, rubbing his eyes. He couldn't get that image from his head. "She's not the Ororo I once knew."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you, Scott," Jean pouted, sitting beside him.

"How could someone change so much?" he asked, staring at his wife as though she had all the answers. He knew it was pointless; Jean was just as confused and hopeless as Scott was at this point. The person they once called sister wasn't coming back. Whoever this new person was... Well, they weren't the person they wanted.

"I," Jean fiddled with her fingers, "want to say everything will go back to normal. Y'know? I find myself looking at her and thinking if I just say something-- the right thing-- time will have somehow reversed and everything will be the same. It's stupid," Jean concluded laughing mirthlessly.

Scott squeezed Jean's knee. "It is stupid--"

"Really, Scott?" Jean huffed. She stood up and glared at Scott. "Wow."

"Not like that!" Scott groaned loudly. "It's stupid because she's different. We have to accept that--"

"Well, forgive me for wanting my sister back."

"She is back, just not in the way you want. The way I want." He waited for Jean to sit back down. "I'm not trying to get into a fight, Jean, but wanting someone to come back the exact same way the left is a little stupid. People change. No amount of wishing or magical words will change that."

Jean pursed her lips. "Then I guess I'll take my stupidity elsewhere!"





You must login () to review.