Logan raced to the hole, and found Storm in a fetal position. "'Ro?" he called, the rain pouring down from the sky.

Storm looked up, and Logan could see that she was in tears. "Logan?"

"Hang on, I'll get ya out of there," he said, kneeling down to open the top of the hole. Once it was opened, he jumped down, embracing the woman as he helped her up. "It's okay, it's okay, darlin'," he said, as he shushed her. "Bracing her around the waist, he climbed up the ladder with one hand. Once he was on solid ground, he hugged her tightly. "You're safe now, 'Ro, you're safe."

"Well, isn't this a sight," a voice said from behind him. Logan turned to see Victor standing there. "The Animal getting close to scum; and I thought you were a rule follower."

Logan felt Storm's body stiffen, and he tightened his grip around her. "What was she doing down there, Victor? She was doing her work, until she got injured and needed to rest."

"The Boss said to put her in there as part of the punishment for trying to run," Victor said with a toothy smile.

Logan sighed. What the boss says, goes. "I'm gonna talk to the boss about gettin' ya outta there okay?"

"Please, don't put me back down there," Storm begged, tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm claustrophobic."

Logan was torn between keeping her from being scared and doing what the boss said. "I'm sorry, darlin'," he said, looking into her eyes to show that he meant it. "I promise, I'll have you out as soon as I can, though."

Storm bowed her head and began to cry. "I understand," she whispered. When Logan reached the hole again, he had to force himself to make her let go of him. He killed him when she started to freak out after he covered the hole, but he knew he could do nothing about it.

"Where's Stryker at?" Logan demanded.

"Main house," Victor replied, turning back and heading into the fields. Logan headed to the main house in a fit of rage. Somehow, he had to get Storm out of this place.

FL

Victor double-backed when he was sure Logan was gone completely. With a toothy grin, he opened the hole up to find the girl in a fetal position; weak, and not noticing her surroundings. "Now, if Snowy will cooperate, this will be done the easy way..."

He carried her weak body to the door that was hidden in one side of the hole, that led to a room where Victor would usually torture the victims of the hole. Storm barely stirred as she was put down on the muddy ground. There was a sudden puff of air as someone joined them. "Sorry, Vic," someone said. Victor turned to see John there. "But I can't let you hurt her." With that, John picked up Storm and disappeared. Victor roared enraged, but it was impossible for him to catch up to them.

FL

"It's alright, darlin', I got ya," John said, as he carried Storm back to the stable. He placed her on the bed in the hayloft, and then went to go find Logan.

FL

"Stryker!" Logan cried out, barging through the door.

"In here, Logan," William replied calmly. "What is the problem?"

"What is Snowy doing in the hole?" he said demanded, using the nickname amongst the helpers and the Boss, instead of Beautiful or her real name. He didn't want anyone to know that he had feelings for her.

"To help with her punishment," Stryker replied. "Plus she wasn't working, so I put her in the hole to ensure that she wouldn't do anything."

"You do know what Victor does to the slaves in the hole, right?" Logan asked, slowly reaching his well-known beserker rage. "He tortures them!"

"Victor does what I allow him to do," Stryker replied. "As long as he doesn't kill them, he can do what he wants to keep them in line."

"Logan," John called, as he walked in. "Thunder is causing problems in his stall again. Gonna need your help to calm him down."

"Coming," Logan said, turning away from the boss and following John back to the stables. When they passed Thunder's stall, he was munching on the hay, nickering when he saw Logan and John. "He doesn't look like he's causing problems."

"Needed something to say to get you out of there before you lost your job," John said. "I rescued Beauty from Victor's claws," John said.

"How on earth did you do that, and make it out alive?" Logan asked as they walked up the ladder to the hay loft.

"Beauty is not the only one with special powers here, Logan," John replied. "But I can take care of myself."

"How is she?" Logan asked, walking toward the bed where Storm was resting.

"Extremely weak," John replied as Logan knelt down next to her. "I don't know what happened to her down there, but I kept Victor from having his way with her."

"Thanks," Logan said, stroking the snow-white hair back. "I don't know what I'd do if he had managed."

John looked at the two for a moment and shook his head. "You're actually falling in love with her."

"No I'm not..." Logan tried to deny, but John burst out laughing. "Fine..."

"Logan, you need to be more careful if you don't want to cast suspicion," John said. "Your protectiveness of her was becoming quite evident."

Logan sighed. "I know... but I can't help it."

Storm stirred next to him. "Logan..." she whispered.

"Hey, 'Ro," He said, cupping her cheek.

"I'll leave ya two alone," John said, walking away. "I'll let the boss know you're working with the horses, should you not show up for dinner."

"Thanks, John," Logan said, watching as John walked away. "Do ya know what happened down there?" Logan asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Not really," Storm replied, trying to sit up a little. Logan helped her up. "All I do remember is the man coming down and saying something... after that everything's blank."

Logan hugged her tightly. "I'm gonna get you out of here," he whispered.

"Why would you do that?" Storm asked, looking deeply into his eyes, as if she was searching his soul.

"Because I'm in love with you," he whispered, returning the look. Before they realized what they were doing, he was kissing her deeply and passionately.

"I'm in love with you too," she moaned when he started to trail them down her neck.

The door opened down below. "Logan, boss is lookin' for ya," John said. Logan groaned as they broke apart. "Bring Fire with you."

"I'll be right there," he said. Turning back to Storm, he kissed her on the forehead. "Get some rest, I'll see ya tonight."





You must login () to review.