A/N: I sooo got some of y'all! StormLover was right, I wasn't going to leave ya hangin'! Anyway, on the sadder news, prayers go out to Boston after the bombings.

Logan and Storm rode a good hundred miles out, before stopping for the night. "Think you can do something about the weather?" Logan asked as a gentle rain began to fall.

"It's mother nature," Storm replied. "I don't like to mess with the weather if I can help it." Logan dismounted, helping Storm down afterward. They pitched a tent near a den, and started a fire inside.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright, darlin'?" Logan asked as they snuggled up next to each other. "You haven't eaten in two days." Logan hadn't packed any food, so he was going to go hunting in the morning; but, he was still concerned about Storm's welfare, and he didn't want her starving.

"I've gone a lot longer without food, Logan," Storm said, kissing him. "I'll be fine." He smiled, and pulled her closer to him. "Logan," she said after a moment. "Tell me, why can't we just get married in this country?"

"For one thing, it's illegal," Logan sighed. "Secondly, you're considered stolen property right now. If we bring the government into this, who knows what'll happen to us."

"I thought this was the land of the free," she said sadly.

Logan chuckled at the irony. It was free for white people, but for people of color, that was a totally different story. "Yeah, obviously it's not completely free," he said, kissing her. "However, we could make it official right now..."

She turned and looked at him lovingly. "I would like that," she whispered. Logan kissed her lips hungrily, but gently, and ran his hand up her body to her shoulders, where he pushed the dress down. Storm was a little uncomfortable when he pulled the dress down to reveal her body, and turned away from him.

Logan stopped her, and forced her to look at him. "Don't worry, darlin'l, we're going to take this slow," he said, kissing her gently on the lips. "You're beautiful." She returned the kiss, running her hands along his arms and stopping at his broad bare chest. He trailed the kisses down her neck to her breasts, and she moaned in pleasure; wrapping her arms around his neck. The next part was the painful part for her. It had started as a cry of pain, since no man had ever slept with her before this moment, but it quickly became pleasure, and she practically begged him to continue.

FL

"Where are they?" Victor demanded to John at nightfall.

"I don't know," John replied honestly. "Logan just told me that he was going to take Thunder out on the trails, but he didn't tell me what time he would be back."

"What about Snowy?" Victor snarled, his claws coming out. "Did he take her with her?"

"I have no idea," John lied. "If he did, then I had nothing to do with it."

"The boss will be wanting to hear this," Victor said, dragging John to the hole. "In the mean time, you can stay down here until he returns."

"Master, Victor," a little boy said. Victor looked up to see that it was one of the slave's children.

"What do you want?" Victor snarled.

The boy didn't even flinch. "I overheard you talking about Master Logan and Beauty," he began calmly. "I saw Master Logan and Beauty ride off early this morning. I was hiding in the underbrush, so no one saw me."

"Thanks, kid," Victor said. "Just for that, you get the rest of the day off."

The boy looked up happily at him. "Thank you!" he said, running off.

"Looks like my day just got a little easier," Victor said, turning to John. "And you're day just got worse."

FL

Storm was gently resting against Logan's shoulder as he thought about what he was going to do next. The rain at least washed away their tracks and scents, so it was going to be difficult for anyone to track them down. The question was, though, how long until they reached the border, and how long before Victor finds them both?

Storm stirred beside him, bringing him out of his thoughts. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing, darlin'," he said,stroking her hair back. "Just thinkin' about our next move."

"It must be hard to think without any sleep," Storm pointed out.

"You're probably right," Logan agreed. "But, with you here, I don't need any sleep at all." He gently kissed her neck; causing Storm to laugh as she allowed him to continue his assault. "Just make sure the rain keeps fallin' until morning," he whispered in her ear. "It'll cover our tracks, and make it even more difficult for Victor to try and catch us."

"I'll try," she said. "It's hard to do it in my sleep, though."

Logan laughed, nuzzling her nose. He started to wonder how on earth he got together with the best woman around. They had barely known each other; but, to Logan, it felt like he had known Storm forever. She was sweet, calm, and was her own woman. Logan liked that about her; not the woman who choose to be housewives, because that's what they're expected to be. Her looks also were a bonus, since she was the first woman Logan had seen with the shocking white hair. He thought about what it would be like to have children one day- the only problem would be explaining how he had managed to marry their mother, but that part would come much later. He looked at his wife-to-be, and kissed her gently on the cheek. "Sweet dreams, 'Ro," he whispered, resting his head against the make-shift pillow they had, and closing his eyes into dreamless sleep.





You must login () to review.