Throughout the next week, Logan barely stopped unless it was absolutely necessary for them to rest. Storm became extremely concerned for him after day three, but, she let well enough alone and followed his lead; trusting that they would get out safely. When they reached a creek that was the border to Canada, Logan decided it was time for them to rest for a good few hours. "I'm sorry we haven't been doing this very long," Logan said as they watched Thunder drink from the creek.

"That's okay," Storm replied as Logan wrapped his arm around her. "We'll have more time to do that once we've settled down."

"Yeah," Logan said kissing her on the forehead. They remained like that for another few minutes or so, and then stood up, helping Storm mount Thunder. "As soon as we cross this creek, we'll be in Canada."

"That's good," Storm said.

There was sudden explosion of howls. Logan sniffed the air, knowing that they were downwind, and the wind was blowing any other scent their direction. He tensed when he recognized the scent, though he wasn't sure how he knew who it was. "'Ro, go," he said, the claws coming out of his knuckles.

"But-" she began before being cut off.

"Go!"

Storm kicked Thunder into motion, as he galloped across the creek, but they kept going. Logan looked along a ridge where he saw Victor and four dogs with him. All of them howling and tugging to be released. "Where's the slave, Jimmy?" he asked.

"No where you're gonna find her," Logan replied.

"Me, maybe not, but the dogs..." he said, releasing the dogs. Logan knew Storm could take care of herself against the dogs. However, he knew that Victor would easily overwhelm her, so he decided to take care of his brother first.

"This is between you and me, Vic," Logan said, watching his brother. "Leave her out of this."

"I'll leave her out of this," Victor said, coming closer to Logan. "Until you're in the brig and she's back in the hole where she belongs." He licked his chops, and prepared to jump on Logan. "And then she's mine."

"NO!" Logan yelled, bowling his brother over as the two began to fight. Logan at first thought he had the upper hand... until he realized that his brother's claws were his fingernails. After he landed a death blow to the jugular, though, he thought the fight was over. Until he saw his brother's wounds heal. Before he was able to react, Victor knocked him out, and gave a few good wounds to make sure he stayed there for awhile.

FL

Storm urged Thunder to go as fast as possible. She could hear the dogs coming closer, and knew they were dangerous and horses and people. She looked behind her to see that there were only a few feet away. Seeing no other choice, she sent a low voltage lightning bolt toward them. She heard the whimper of two of the dogs, and cast another one to her right when she saw the third. The fourth dog was no where to be seen, so she pulled back on the reins, making Thunder come to a halt. She looked around, and was barely able to stun the fourth dog in time as he came lunging at them. Thunder, however, reared, and lunged forward, knocking Storm out against a branch.

Thunder stopped, and nudged Storm, trying to urge her to get up. When she didn't stir, Thunder remained close to her, should danger come their way. Victor appeared not a moment later. Thunder, knowing better than to trust him, reared and thrashed his forelegs in the air, threatening Victor's head. Victor tried to knock the horse back, but instead was struck by the hooves. Thunder went up into the air again, ready to strike. Victor lunged to the side, where he thought he could get easy access to Storm, only to be blocked and bitten. Victor growled and ran off, Thunder on his tail for a few seconds, before deciding that Victor wasn't coming back.

"Storm," someone said. Thunder turned to see Logan there, and backed off, nickering to the man. "Storm," he repeated racing over to her. "C'mon darlin', wake up."

Storm stirred a moment later. "Logan?" she asked, raising a hand to her head as he helped her to sit up.

"Hey, 'Ro," Logan said, supporting her as he helped her up. "What happened?"

"Thunder spooked at a dog, and I must've hit my head on a branch," she said.

"Well, Thunder chased Victor off," Logan said, patting the horse's neck. "He did a good job, too."

"That's good," Storm said, smiling, stroking the horse's neck. "He's a good horse."

"How about we get out of here and go get a cabin," Logan said, lifting Storm onto the horse.

"I'd like that," Storm replied, smiling.

FL

At the end of the day, Logan found a cabin fully furnished. That night, they used the deer skin for the blanket. "Glad there's a blizzard tonight?" Logan asked as he kissed her body.

"Yes," Storm laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck as he trailed kisses down her own, making her moan. His hands roamed her body as he inserted himself in her. Storm arched her back in Ecstasy, as their kisses became deeper and more passionate, and their bodies met in harmony. When they both reached their climax, they both snuggled close to each other; their bodies sweaty and their breaths heavy. "You know..." Storm began after a few minutes. "If we keep this up, we're going to have kids before we're married."

"That's why we're getting married tomorrow, darlin'," Logan replied, kissing her. She smiled and kissed him back, before they both fell into a comfortable sleep.





You must login () to review.