Logan looks at his kids and smiles. Kendall and james have settled into X's lap and are watching the older ones play chess with interest. Logan walks over and sits next to Daken. He sees him growing frustraited and helps him with his next move. Logan and Ro play chess often when the little ones are asleep. It gives them time to unwind and catch up with each other.

"So ummm, X...do ya go by anythin' else" logan ask while showing Daken some moves he can make. He sees the girl cringe a little.

"X is short for X-23.....they had 22 failed attempts to clone you and im the one that worked" she said in a nuetral tone that was leading towards anger. Logan nods his head slowly processing. He wants to know more about these two, but doesnt want to push the issue.

"well, do ya wanna 'nother name?" he asks. kendall go over to her father and hugs his neck her little fist clenching his shirt. Logan pats her back still loking at X.

"yea....that'll be nice" she says softly. "Is she tired or something" noding her head towards kendall

"Naw, Just a pup, and her hands are getting itchy" logan says soothing her. james walks over to her offering her a piece of taffy, she accepts and buries her face into her fathers chest. "what you say to brother?"
"thank you" she says turning in her fathers lap rubbing her eyes. Logan rubs her little knuckles and can feel her little claws retracting beneath her skin slowly and he feels her tense then relax.

"let em come, drawing it out wont help her" Daken says not looking up from the board. "we all know it hurts like hell, she gotta get used to it"
logan nods undrrstandingly looking at his watch. he gathers up the smaller one and tells the big one to pack up the game. "alright guys come on, gotta feed ya" logan says hearding his youth to the boathouse. "you guys staying in here...im sure yall like a little seclusion from the mansion" he says getting the kids settled in the living room. logan could sense the two older ones calming at the scent of sandalwood and lavender. "What ya hungry for, i aint much of a cook but i can order good"

"when does your wife get home" daken asks sitting down at the table.

"tomorrow afternoon" logan says with a slight smile thinking of her return.

"Does she know we here?" X asks sitting down. Logan nods his head in approval. "Is she mad?" X asks sounding nervous

"No, yall will see ro is a very understanding woman, she was more concerned with yall being ok than anything else" logan tries to reassure them. The teens both nod and let out breaths that they didnt know they were holding. "yall will like her...she um..understands our nature"

the teens nod and they all look up hearing a crash. Kendall has james in a triangle choke and hes tapping. "Oh Jesus" logan says getting up. "Hey...Hey...Hey cut the crap" he separates them. James gasp for air "You over there......you alright boy....why ya aint fight back....we gonna make you tough yet, dont worry" logan pick him up and walks him over to kendall so she can apologize to him. before he can tell her to she hugs him tightly with tears in her eyes.
"I so sawry jamie" she wails through her tears. he hugs her back and nods. The rest of the evening is rather uneventful and after a meal of pizza and soda everyone passes out on the couch.





You must login () to review.