She walks over to the couch and gently pulls her husbands sideburns. she smiles softly at him as he stirs from his sleep. he rubs his eyes and focuses on the woman before him. She looks tired and a little jet lagged but still beautiful.

"Hey darlin" he says softly, so he wouldnt wake the children. Sleep still in his voice.

"Hey" she says back. she turns and heads to the bedroom. Logan instinctivly follows her. Knowing they have to have a major talk. They enter the bedroom in silence. Both wanting to speak to each other but not knowing how to break the ice. Logan sits on the bed and lays back on the pillows. Ororo goes into the closet to change her clothes. "Um logan"

"Yea" he says sitting up. looking into the closet at his wife.

"Um, why are there GI Joes in our closet?" She ask walking out of the closet with a handful of tiny action figures.

"That damn boy......i dont know how i feel about my son playing in closets" Logan says scratching his beard. Ro laughed.
"I thought your only goal for him was to be taller than you?" She asked wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I still have that one. You think he will, he so small....girl got the height." he says thinking outloud. He hugs her to him and kisses her softly.

"what are we going to do?" She asks. " We cant just let them be homeless, thats how children get taken advantage of" she says sitting on the bed, her legs tucked under her and her hair falling past her shoulders.

"Your ok with them being here?" he ask walking over to her, laying across the bed in front of her.

She traced his side lightly with her fingers, he purred softly at her touch. he turned to face her. "well we can see what they wanna to do and go from there" He says pulling her into him. she curls into his side and is soon fast asleep. Logan holds her a while longer, enjoying the feel of her back in his arms. Logans eyes cut to the door when he heard stirring from the living room. He gets up to go check on everyone. When he gets to the living room he sees X up rubbing her eyes.

"Hey ya hungry?" He ask, noticing kendall waking up feeling around for her glasses. He smiled when he saw X hand them to her.

"Yea...i could eat" she says, stretching her arms over her head. She looks over at Daken and huffs shaking her head. He was sleeping face down with his face in his arm. "he sleeps like a log...dont nothing get to him when he sleeps....the rapture could come and he'd sleep through it, then wake up mad that he missed it" She says looking over to little james sleeping the same way as Daken. "I guess he does too"

"Yea, he's a heavy sleeper. we used to have to wake him up to feed him" Logan says looking at how similar his two boys sleep. Kendall climbs into X's lap and relaxes against her. X tenses a little but soon relaxes as well. Logan was amazed because kendall doesnt take to new people fast. It took a while for her to warm up to Bobby, but she still hasnt warmed up to Scott and shes going on five, so it probably wont happen. Logan feels a light touch on the nape of his neck and turns around seeing his wife smiling at him. "why aint ya resting?" he says a little aggravated. Since theyve been together they both sleep better however, she still has bouts of insomnia and will not allow her self proper rest on occasion. Usually, coming back from a mission or a conferance.

"well you got up and i cant sleep without you" she says softly. kendall hears her mother and runs towards the sound of her voice. The little girl slows down and tries to concentrate on which way her mother was standing. "over here baby" ororo says softly. Kendall smiles at the sound and finishes her trek to her mother who kneels down waiting with open arms. Kendall rest her head on her mothers shoulder and plays with a strand of hair. Ororo kisses her head looking compleatly satisfied. "Hello" she says softly smiling at X.

"Hi" She says shyly. "How are you?" she adds nervously.

"Im well, tired but well. You?" Ororo ask rubbing small circles on kendalls back. Kendall adjust she holds her head up and looks around with heavily lidded eyes before closing them and resting her head back on her mothers shoulder. Ororo looks at her husband with a knowing look, that says shes fighting sleep.

"Im ok" X says. Shes nervous but shes calming. The woman before her doesnt seem threatening or mean. She feels as if she could trust her. At that Moment she decides to do something she hasnt done before, let her guards down.

"Im Ororo, whats your name?" She asks soothing kendalls hair down. "excuse me, Logan have you put a brush in the girls hair?"

"she wouldnt let me" Logan says bluntly, shifting his weight. X and Ororo shake their heads at his admission. Logan shrugs it off and acts unaffected.

"I dont have a name....im just called X" she says plainly. She feels shame that the lab that made her didnt even have respect enough for her to give her a name.

"oh, well then why not pick one?" Ororo suggest, sitting down on the love seat, quieting down a stirring kendall.

"That sounds cool." x says nodding her head in approval. They talk comfortably for a little while longer until everyone started to nod off. Laura went into the extra room and falls asleep quickly. Logan and Ororo put kendall in her bed. They then put james in his, and he still didnt stir. Logan and Ororo go back to the living room to put Daken on the couch.

"Ro we gotta feed this boy, hes a bag of feathers." Logan says putting him down. Ororo puts covers on him and they both watch him settle and roll over, sighing contently.

"We can do that" she says as she heads down the hall. They climb back in bed and rest comfortably in each others arms. Soon they are both in a peaceful asleep.





You must login () to review.