Author's Chapter Notes:
Final Chapter
“Please Logan, don't make me leave.” Ororo sobbed.

“This ain't your home any more 'Ro. Now, leave before I make you leave.” Logan said then turned his back on her.

Ororo felt herself start to panic. Fear gripped her like it never had before. This all made no sense. Why was her friend doing this? Why was he pushing her away from the only home she has?

“This is my home. Please, I have no where to go. Logan.."

Logan whipped around so fast it almost startled her. He barred his teeth and growled at her in warning.

In a flash,his face had changed as well. A murderous look that made her blood turn cold was now on it. Then his eyes morphed into something terrible. They were no longer the soft gray she would lose herself in. They now had a golden dangerous hue. That could only mean one thing she thought. It meant she was no longer speaking to Logan..... she was talking to.... Wolverine.

“Get out 'Ro! We don't want you here! You destroy everything you touch!”

“That's not true! I would never hurt you or the X-men. I love you all! You're my family!” Ororo said through tears.

“Like we were your family.”

That voice. She knew that voice.

“We were your family too but you left us to die.”

“T'Challa?” Ororo said as she looked around for him. “I didn't leave you to die. I didn't know what was coming.”

Ororo turned to Wolverine to try and plead her case again. “Wolverine, you know what I'm saying is true. Tell him please that I didn't know.”

“Liar!” the words said in unison by both Wolverine and T'Challa.

“You always leave the ones you love.” T'Challa sneered.

“That's not true! I never leave them!” she screamed

“Don't you?” Wolverine asked suddenly now in her face.

“No, I don't.” she said with more conviction than her body conveyed.

“Really? You left me for Scooter. You sided with that back stabbin' son of bitch and left.” Wolverine roared.

“No, that's not how it was. You know that.” Ororo said softly.

“You left your parents to die.” T'Challa said

“They were taken away from me. I didn't leave them. It was not my fault.”

“You left Forge.” Wolverine said.

“He left me.” she said softer then before.

“Always with the excuses! Admit it Ororo! You always leave the ones you love!” T'Challa said suddenly appearing before her.

“Why are you doing this?!”

“Admit it!” Wolverine yelled

“Noooooo!”

“Admit it!” T'challa and Wolverine yelled while circling her.

Ororo couldn't take it anymore. The yelling and accusations where just too much for her. Her legs gave way and she fell to ground.

“Please stop!” she begged.

“Never!” T'Challa yelled

“Please Logan! Stop!” Ororo cried trying to reach her friend.

“I'll never stop!”Wolverine snarled

Ororo felt like she was going insane. She had to make this stop. She tried summoning a wind to whisk her away nut her powers were not working. She tried again and nothing.

"Goddess, no."

As Wolverine and T'Challa continued their verbal assault on her Ororo covered her ears and started to rock back and forth.

“This isn't happening.” she kept saying over and over again while Wolverine and T'Challa stood over her and laughing and pointing at the fallen goddess.
__________________________________________________________

Water. Salt. Vanilla. Sandalwood. Water. Salt. Vanilla. Sandalwood. Water. Salt. Vanilla. Sandalwood.

The scents were getting stronger. Filling his nostrils as if they were trying to jar him from his sleep. If you could call what he was getting sleep.

His choices of sleeping accommodations where very limited. Beside the chair and the gurney there was the desk in Angels office and that was out. It had a distinct sent of sex on it. No doubt that Angel and Betsy had used it on more than one occasion recently. He could smell they tried to wipe away their scent with some type of cleaning solution. Nice try. Some shit you can't wipe away no matter how hard you try.

The gurney he'd been laying on was far from comfortable but it was much better than then the chair he was in earlier. That thing even with his healing factor actually caused a kink in his neck.

Water. Salt. Vanilla. Sandalwood. Water. Salt. Vanilla. Sandalwood. Water. Salt. Vanilla. Sandalwood.

There was that scent again. What was it?

His could feel his animal trying to rouse him from his slumber. It too was intrigued by the familiarity of the scent and was curious as to who or what it was coming from.

Images like flash cards his filled brain trying to identify what it was he was smelling.

Whatever it was he liked it. It was sweet, sensuous, and had just a hint of spice. Definitely a woman's scent. It was a very heady combination. One whiff and a man would give his left nut to possesses the woman it belonged to. He could already feel it causing his jeans to become a bit more tighter.

It would have been even more intoxicating if not for the other underlining scents of water and salt. Those two diluted and clouded the impressions of the others. Unlike the dick hardening scent that came with the vanilla and sandalwood, this combo of salt and water was made of something entirely different. His groggy mind struggled with the answer.

What was it? Sadness? Despair? Or was it....pain?

Yeah, that was it he thought. It was pain. And it was strong. It was filled with a hurt so bad, so palpable, it felt like hands around his throat trying to choke the life out of him.

His animal howled in grief from it all. It started to scratch and claw at his insides, urging him to wake up and find out what soul was being so tortured that it begged to be put out of its misery.

As he began to awake the smells hit him harder and he started to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Water. Salt.

Those were tears.

Vanilla. Sandalwood.

Shit! That was 'Ro.

That's what he kept smelling in his sleep. Ro's tears.

He turned over to look at her and could see she was still sleeping but, her slumber was far from peaceful. She was crying in her sleep. When she started to whimper that was his undoing. He quickly got up from his gurney and rushed the short distance between them to get to her.

When he reached her he looked down at his friend. She was curled up in a fetal position under the blanket Angel had given her. It made her look so small and delicate that he was afraid just saying her name would break her in to a million pieces. Another small cry from her lips caused Logan to curse underneath his breath.

“Fuck it. I'm wakin' her.”

He gently tilted Ororo's face up over towards him. The pained look on it told him that whatever she was dream wasn't good.

“'Ro. Ro, wake up.” he said quietly

The only response he received from her was in the form of tears that were streaming down her beautiful face.

Logan pushed down the rail of the gurney and knelt down in front of Ororo. His calloused hands wiped away the tears that were still coming down. He was surprised that even while sleeping she leaned into his touch.

God, did she feel good he thought to himself. Her skin felt like rose petals. Soft, warm, and delicate.

On their own accord Logan's eyes began to close and like a blind man reading braille, his fingers began to memorize every line and curve of this goddess's face.

His hands moved like they had a mind of their own as he continued to explore the face of the woman before him. His finger glided their way upwards from her plump luscious lips to her cute button nose.

Ororo's breath hitched in her sleep. Thinking it was him that caused the slight flutter he continued his exploration. The whisper that escaped her lips was what broke Logan out of the euphoria he was in.

“Please stop.”

His hands came to a complete and sudden hault when he heard those words. Embarrassed for being caught, Logan quickly removed his hands from her face like her words had set fire to them.

“'Ro? You 'wake?”

When no answer came, he knew she was still asleep and breathed a sigh of relief for not being caught acting so stupid.

“Jesus, bub. Pull it together. You're actin' like one of those love sick pups upstairs.” he said to himself

Another plea made him turn his attention back to her.

“Please stop. T'Challa, please stop.”

T'Challa? The name caused his blood to boil.
As if that prick hadn't hurt her enough now he had to fuck with her in her sleep.

“Oh yeah, me and this mother fucker are gonna dance real soon.” he thought.

Ororo's movements became more fretful and her whimpers were even louder which made him become increasingly concerned for his friend. Her next words shook his very core.

“No, Wolverine. Stop!” she said through more tears.

“Fuck!” he hissed out. “I'm so god damn stupid” Logan said to himself.

This was no dream. She was having a goddamn nightmare and at the center of it where him and her dick ex-husband.

Logan again placed his hands on her face and began calling her name.

“'Ro! 'Ro, wake up.” he said more forcefully.

The only responses he received from her was “please stop and this isn't happening” while the thrashing in her covers became worse. As he moved closer she began trying to push him away.

That wasn't going to stop him. He was determined to reach her.

“I gotta get through to her.”

Logan leaned forward and pulled her into his arms. He buried his face in her hair with his lips only a breathe away from her ear. His head started to swim with being so close to her. The smell of the vanilla and sandalwood were over powering him and he started to lose focus as to what he was supposed to be doing. Her pushing against his chest quickly brought him back to reality.

“Get away from me!” she yelled.

“I don't know what's goin' on in that pretty little head of yours 'Ro but ya need to wake up.'”

“Everyone hates me.” she answered in her sleep.

“Hate you?” he asked pulling away from her. “What the hell are you talkin' about? No one hates you.”

“Yes, you do. You all do. You think I left you. Hurt you.”

“You would never leave us and ya damn sure wouldn't hurt us.” he said to her.

Logan waited to see if his words made any kind of dent. At first he thought they did but then she started thrashing and twisting hard in his arms again.

“Leave me alone!” she yelled.

The pain and anguish of his friends cries was getting to be too much for him. He needed to get through to get her. But how? he thought.

As he had done many times before, he wished Charles and Jean were there. They would know how to fix this shit. He was way out of his league here. 'Ro needed someone who was in touch with their feelings and well to put it mildly wasn't fucked in the head. They would be able to reach her mind and help her out of wherever she was.

There were other telepaths at the mansion but they were young and no where as experienced or powerful as Charles and Jean were. Plus getting one of them and Angel would mean he would have to leave 'Ro and that wasn't even an option.

What he wouldn't give right now to feel that familiar tickle in his mind from Red or Chuck. He looked up to the ceiling and started talking hoping someone up there was listening.

“I don't know if ya two can hear me where ya are. I'd like ta think ya can. If there's a chance you both are tuned in then here goes nothin'. You two need to get off your asses in heaven and help me figure this shit out because I'm stuck and 'Ro needs me now. So, quit wastin' time and hurry the fuck up with that epiphany. Amen.” That should do it he thought.

Moments seemed like hours while Logan sat and waited for some idea to pop in his mind about how to help the women before him. When nothing came he knew then what he always believed to be true.

“No matter how heartfelt, a sinners prayers don't mean shit.”

Hope was about to slip away when he heard voices from the past in his head.

“Be the good guy. Save the girl.” Jean's voice said with a smile.

“You have a great capacity to love, Logan. Don't be afraid to let it show.” Charles' was voice filled with wisdom that only a father proud of his son could have possessed.

Logan smiled. “You always knew the right things to say, didn't ya Chuck? And thanks Red, for everything.”

Filled with a new sense of purpose, Logan knew what he
had to do now.

Mindful of her wounds, his grip on her became tighter as he brought her back closer to him. He held her as close to as him as he could. He began speaking softly in her ear. Well, as soft as his grizzled voice could get.

“Ro, I know somewhere in there you can here me. Those other voices ya hearn' are trying to drown me out but I'm not gonna let 'em. That place you're in right now, I know that place. I know it better than anyone because I used to go that place every night when I closed my eyes. It's cold. It's dark. It's like a black hole trying to suck you in and keep you there. Keep'n you away from the light. Away from the things that matter. For years I was stuck in that place. Seeing bits and pieces and shadows of a life that I barely knew. I wouldn't remember anything from the dreams except the screams. Always the screams. I'd wake up not knowing if was I was awake and screamin' or still in the damn dream. I may not know what you're seeing but I know it's your own personal hell. It's tryin' to trick into staying there. Makin' ya think that you're not worthy of the light. That you belong in the dark. But, you don't belong there. You belong here, with us.”

He knew he was reaching her when she stopped pushing him away. That was a good sign that he was getting through to her so he decided to keep pushing forward.

“I know that me and that prick husband of yours are in the dream with ya. And we're saying things to ya that are hurting ya and cutting ya pretty deep but, they ain't true. Not one god damn word of it is true. I can't speak for him and I wouldn't want to anyway after the shit he's put you through. What I can do is tell you is that I would never say those things to you. Wanna know why? Cause I know you better than most. No matter what gets thrown at you or whatever hell you've been put through you never leave the ones you love. You don't leave 'Ro. You stick. I learned that from you. Hell, if it wasn't for you I woulda kept running. I would have left this place and Marie and never looked back. But you, you changed my mind. You stood up to me. You looked me in the eye with no fear and told me to choose a side. You saved my life that day. In more ways than one. There's so much more I wanna say to you. Just not while your asleep. Open your eyes. Open your eyes and I promise to tell you things that are long over due.”

Logan looked down and watched for any sign that his words made their mark. Then he saw it.

Her eyes began to flutter as they tried to open. Then slowly he started to see those beautiful baby blues eyes of hers.

It was taking her a bit to get her barrings. When she finally did and realized where she was and who was holding her she jumped out of his arms.

“No! Wolverine, get away from me."

"You were dreamin'. It's ok.” he said taking a step back from her.

There was disbelief in Ororo's eyes at his words and...something else. Something that shouldn't be there. Something that made him want to gut himself and rip out his own heart at the very sight of it.

It was fear. And worst of all it was a fear of him.

Oh yeah, he knew that look all too well. He knew it because he had inspired in others. Just the whisper of his name would cause it. And who was he kidding? He loved that shit. Loved to see the fear. He craved to see it in his enemies eyes right before he sank his six friends into them and sending the stupid fuck that dared to take him on straight to hell. Yup, normally he would have gotten drunk off the sight and the smell of the he fear. But this was not a normal day and she was no enemy. No, she was the one person he never wanted to be afraid of him.

The sleepy haze in her eyes was starting to clear and he saw this as a good time to try and make her see it was him. The real him.

Cautiously, like approaching a skittish deer, he took a step closer to the gurney, making sure to keep his hands where she could see them.

He noticed that every once in a while her eyes would scan the room like she looking for something or someone.

"Poor things probably thinks T'Challa is waiting to pounce on her." he thought to himself.

Just for a second Ororo's eye went from blue to a milky white then back to blue again. Logan felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise in alarm. That was a clear indication that Ororo was trying to hold back her powers but her control was slipping. He knew he need to reassure her before the weather gave away that something was wrong with the resident weather goddess. The last thing she needed right now was for the whole mansion bustin' through the door and overwhelming her with their concern.

“I'm not gonna hurt ya. It's me darlin'. It's Logan.”

His name was a bucket of cold water forcing her to look at the man before her.

“Logan?” she asked. Hope evident in her eyes that it really was him.

“Yeah, 'Ro. It's me. It was just a dream.”

“Oh, Logan. It was so real. It was so real.” she said with a half a sob.

“I know. I know. But you're ok, now. You're safe 'Ro.”

“I don't feel safe.”

“What do you need me to do 'Ro? Tell me what you need?”

She sighed in frustration because she had no clue what she needed right now. There was a whole laundry list of what she needed and they all kept swirling around in her head jockeying for first place. Finally one thing stood out above all.

“I just need something solid, something strong, to let me know that I'm here in this room and not back in that hellish nightmare. That is what I need. Know where I can find that?”

“Yeah. I know where you can find that.”

Ororo's eyes nor her heart could believe what happened next.

Not long after the words left his mouth did his arms envelope her in a tight embrace. The suddenness of the gesture startled her at first but it only took a second for her to welcome his touch and return his embrace.

Being in his arms was the strong, solid, anchor her psyche needed to let her know this was real. That she was here with him and not back in the nightmare her mind had concocted.

His hushed words of comfort and the heat from his body felt like a security blanket to Ororo. She couldn't help but snuggle into him more.

“You wanna talk about it? The dream, I mean?”

Ororo looked up at him and raised a snowy eyebrow.

Logan rolled his eyes at her and smiled. “What? A guy can grow can't he?”

Ororo returned his smile with one of her own. “I never said you could not. It just took me by surprise that's all.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know I'm the last person you'd expect to ask that question after all the fucked dreams I've had over the years and refused to talk about. I'm learning that as headmaster I need lead to by example. If I can't talk about what's bothering me there ain't no way those little snot noses upstairs are gonna open their yaps. Look, I'm not pushin' ya by any means. I just want you to know that if you wanna talk, I'm here.”

Ororo took a long deep breath and exhaled. She didn't want to think about all the awful things that were said to her in that dream, especially since the man that was currently holding her was in it saying them to her. The words that were said dug deep into her soul, leaving a mark she feared would never heal.

“I'm not sure, Logan.”

“Is it because I was in it?”

Ororo sat up more and moved away from him. A look of dread and apprehension was on her face. How did he know?

Logan had to fight the urge to not to take her back in his arms. He didn't want to scare her. She was already so jittery. So, he willed himself not to move.

“How did you know?”

“You were talking in your sleep.”

“What did I say?”

“You told me to get away. You were begging me to stop. Kept pushing me away. You said that I hated you and something about leaving.”

Ororo closed her eyes and shook her head in shame. She never wanted anyone to see her in such a weak state and to know that Logan of all people, heard her and watched her suffer, was even worse.

“Logan...”

“You don't have ta say anything.”

"Yes, I do. I do have to."

"Ok. If that's what you want. No pressure. Just take your time. I'm not going anywhere."

Ororo took a deep cleansing breath, said a small prayer to the goddess for strength, the started.

“I don't remember how the dream began. Only that I was pleading with you not to go and let me stay. You told me this wasn't my home any more and I had to leave before you make me leave. Then something happened. Your eyes. They changed. They took on a golden hue and that's when I knew. I wasn't talking to Logan anymore, I was talking to Wolverine."

"His anger with me so was palpable that I could feel it at the very core of me. It hurt so bad when he told me to leave. I kept begging him to let me stay because this was my home, my family, and that I love all of you. In the end nothing I said mattered. He told me to go because I destroy everything I touch. I didn't think it could get any worse. I was wrong because not only did I have to deal with Wolverine but T'Challa as well.

"I heard his voice before I saw him. He blamed me for what happened in Wakanda. When I tried to explain that I didn't know what was going to happen they both called me a liar. Then T'challa hit me right where it hurts. He attacked my heart. They both did. T'Challa told me I always leave the ones I love. That I left my parents to die. Then Wolverine said I left Forge and that I chose Scott over him. * sob * But, I don't leave the people I love. * sob * They all leave me. * sob * They all leave me, Logan. Each time they do they take a piece of me with them and I feel like soon all the pieces taken will leave nothing more of me.”

Ororo hung her head lower and her body started to slump as if the weight of what she was saying was too much for her. She could feel the tears brimming, almost burning her eyes because she refused to let them fall. The pain she was feeling right now was not only from her injuries but the emotional toll this was all taking on her heart.

Her powers were begging her to let them loose so they could express her sadness for her. Her mind quickly closed the door to the idea. Knowing that how she feeling she could easily create something very dangerous.

Logan stood there and listened to her tale and his heart broke for her. There were several times during her story that he wanted to jump in and tell her again that none of what was said was true. That it was all bullshit and lies. That if only she would have heard his words to her she would have known how he truly felt. He was about to tell her this when she started talking again.

“I wanted them both to stop. Asked them, pleaded, but nothing. They both circled me like rabid dogs ready to pounce on their prey. The space became dark and smaller and I felt so alone. I was ready for the darkness to take me. Then...”

“What 'Ro? Then what?”

“I..I.. heard your voice. I heard you. The real you. At first I didn't believe it because you were in front of me screaming but then your voice became louder. It drowned out all the bad things that were said.” Ororo said looking up at him.

She scooted back towards Logan until she was close enough to touch him. She raised her hands and gently placed them on his face.

“I heard you telling to me wake up. Telling me to open my eyes. It was a like a beacon guiding me from the dark back to the light. I know you will disagree with me saying this but I will say it anyway. You saved me, Logan.”

Logan felt an old feeling well up inside of him that he hadn't felt in a long time. It was joy.

Joy at seeing the light back in her eyes because of him and knowing that she thought of him as a hero. Her hero.

He placed his calloused hands on Ororo's face. The hands of killer. Hands that were drenched in the blood of others and had done such ungodly things. He felt so unworthy to even be touching her and would have removed his hands if she hadn't leaned into his touch.

Logan had to suppress a growl at the possessiveness he was feeling by the intimate contact between them. The softness of her skin was something his fingers would never tire of. Her delicate touch was setting his skin and his soul a flame. It was also distracting him.

It killed him to remove her hands from his face. God knows he would have loved to stay like this a little longer but there were things that need to be said. Long over due things. He smirked when he heard her sigh in disappointment at the loss of contact.

“Since your bearing your soul ta me, I guess I outta say my peace now too. Somethings that have been long over due. All I ask is that you ya listen and hear me out. OK?”

“OK.”

Here we go he thought.

“When you left to go with Scooter, I have to admit I was real angry.”

“But..”

He placed a finger over her soft plump lips to quiet her. He needed to say this and she needed to hear it if they were ever gonna move forward.

“I was angry... at first. Then later after some soul searchin' and head crackin' in the Danger Room I understood why you had to do what you did. I figured out that I was never angry with you because you chose him over me. I was angry that you were put in a position where you had to make a choice. Scooter was lost. Hell he still is lost. I know you went to be with him in hopes that you could be some kind of moral compass for him. Something that would guide him away from all the bull shit Mags and Frost were feeding him. You probably tried your damnedest to reach past all the hurt and pain he was feeling at the loss of Jeanie and everything that happened at the mutant conference but, the Phoenix Force beat you to it.I know you didn't leave us because you wanted to 'Ro. You left us because you had too. To protect one of your own."

"Ya see 'Ro? You're dream was wrong. You don't leave the people you love. That's not who you are. You stay. You stick. You love hard and you give that person all that you are without question. That's what makes you such a great catch.”

“Logan, I...” Ororo started to speak but was soon cut off.

“You say I saved you but that's not not true. It was you that saved me. I'm not talking about when found me unconscious on the road with Marie. No, I'm talking about the day you stood up to me. The day you told me to choose a side. Well I did and damn if I didn't choose well. You gave this broken soul something to fight for and believe in. I never thought in all my years on this earth that I was worthy of anything other than whatever nasty shit was handed to me but, you, Jeanie, Chuck, and even to a degree Scooter, were able to teach this old dog a new trick. You gave me a new life. I told you 'Ro that if you opened your eyes I would tell what I should have back then.”

“What did you want to tell me Logan?”

This time it was him who leaned in further. His lips were now only a hair away from hers.

The anticipation of what Logan was about to say was killing her. What could this man want to say to her?

Ororo could feel her heart start to race and pound. She was sure with Logan's enhanced hearing her heart must have sounded like someone beating on a drum. She needed to calm down. She took another deep breath and exhaled. It didn't help. Her lips suddenly felt dry and without thinking she started to lick them.

Her breath caught in her throat as she saw Logan's reaction and heard a deep guttural growl coming from him. His eyes were fixated on her lips and although she knew she should have stopped licking them she couldn't. He continued to growl and she could feel the vibration of it on her skin and it felt good. So good. She could easily loose herself in this feeling, this moment. His next words though, sent her world into a tale spin.

“I'm trying to tell you thank you 'Ro but... I'm not good with words. Never have been. I'm all about the showin'.”

“Then...show me.” The words flew out her mouth before she could stop herself.

Before she could finish her sentence or change her mind Logan claimed her lips.

At first the kiss started off slow like two people testing the waters. Hesitant but hopeful.

Then something clicked. Maybe it was the way he sucked on her bottom lip or the way she moaned at the sensation of his tongue entering her wanting mouth. Neither of them knew or cared why the kiss went from novice to expert in no time flat. They were just enjoying the feeling and the rightness of it.

The need for air was the only reason contact was broken.

“Is that how you always say thank you?” Ororo asked out of breath and still recovering from the kiss.

Logan chuckled “No.”

“So, Scott never got one of those?” Ororo smirked.

“Fuck no!”

Ororo laughed and Logan couldn't help the smile on his face. He loved to her laugh.

As the laughter died down they both looked at each other and a seriousness set in.

“What just happened?”

Logan sighed and then rubbed the back of his neck trying to come up with a good answer.

“Hell if I know 'Ro.”

He watched as she started to back away slowly and apart of him screamed to not let go of this moment.

He quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back towards him.

“'Ro, wait. I don't know what it was but I liked it. I really liked it.”

Ororo felt butterflies in her stomach and a small smile crept up on her face.

“I liked it too.”

“You did?” Logan asked in surprise.

Ororo silently nodded.

“Well then since you liked it and I liked it, the next question is where do we go from here?”

“I don't know.”

Logan snaked one had around her waist while he kept her other hand near his heart. He could feel her tiny hand trembling. The last thing he wanted to do was scare her away from what ever was starting here so he decided to set her mind at ease.

“'Ro, your shakin'. Look, I don't know where to go with this either. I just know it feels right. If this is too soon or it's not what ya want just tell me. I'll do what ever ya want.”

Ororo took a moment to think before she answered. She knew her next words would change the course of their relationship so she thought very carefully.

There were several moments of silence between them and Logan was really starting to get nervous. His mind started to prepare for the worst.

"She's gonna say no. And I don't blame her. Who would want an animal like me?" he thought to himself.

Ororo looked into Logan's eyes and saw the self doubt and loathing in them. She wanted to ease his fear and put this all to rest.

“My brain is screaming at me to wait. Take my time and think about this. Don't rush into anything.”

Logan began to nod his head in understanding. The weight of her decision causing his head to fall. He then felt her tiny finger lifting his head to meet her eyes once more.

“My heart on the other hand, who eerily enough sounds like you is screaming shut the fuck up to my brain. It's saying I always over analyze things and look where it got me. I learned a valuable lesson Logan, life is not a fairy tale. There is no such thing as a happy ending or happily ever after."

"Now, having said that, I want you to make no mistake about what am I about to say. I would go through all of this heart ache and pain all over again..... if it lead to right here and right now with you. I feel more free and alive in this moment with you than I felt my entire marriage. I don't know where this will lead but, I'm
willing to find out if you are.”

"Oh baby, I'm more than willin'. I'm just afraid I might be a bad influence on you."

"A bad influence?"

"Yeah. I mean...you said fuck. Who know what else you might do?" he joked.

Ororo started laughing "I'll take my chances."

Logan leaned in for another kiss and was almost to hit his mark when Ororo yawned in his face.

“Well, that was sexy 'Ro.” Logan smirked.

Ororo smiled and smacked him playfully on the arm.

“It's the meds. Plus I didn't have the best of dreams so I'm still very tired.”

“I have a remedy that could help both of us sleep better.” Logan said with a smile that only he could give.

Ororo tried to look skeptical by raising an eye brow but failed miserably. She couldn't help the smile on her face and couldn't resist Logan's charm. “Really? What is it?”

“You trust me?”

“With my very soul.” she said meaning every word of it.

She watched as Logan first removed his boots, then his socks, and then motioned for her to make room for him on her bed which she gladly did. Once he found a comfortable
position he told her lie back.

Ororo pulled the blanket up making sure they were both covered by it then she leaned into him. As soon as her back met his chest she melted into his body. He wrapped his arms around her and she snuggled further into him taking in his warmth and his manly scent.

"Thank the goddess I'm laying down. The scent of this man could make any woman forget how their legs work and fall to the ground." she thought.

“Comfy?” he asked.

“Yes, very.” she said with a content sigh.

“A guy could get used to this.”

Ororo felt a rumble in his chest as he spoke and she found it and the hand he was now using to massage her scalp very soothing. She was so into what he was doing she almost missed what he said.

“Used to what?” she asked in a far away voice.

“Having you in my arms. Although, I like this time better than the first time.”

“You mean, when I scared the hell out of you?”

“No. You scared the fuck outta me darlin'. Don't be doing that again.” he teasingly warned.

“I won't. What was done is done. I have neither the want nor the need to go through that again. I said my good-byes to my old life today, Logan. My new life started the moment I walked out the danger doors. Well, more like rolled out really.”

Logan laughed and she enjoyed hearing it. She hoped that she could make him do it more often.

“Good. How's about we get some shut eye?”

Another yawn and she started to feel more tired. It was getting harder to keep her eyes open.

“I think my eyes are already shutting.”

A few moment later he felt her body go limp and he knew she was asleep.

As he Logan laid there listening to Ororo breathe and feeling her chest rise and fall against he began to start feeling tired as well. His eyes slowly began to shut and without realizing it his breathing soon went into sync with hers.

He was about to fall asleep when a familiar scent hit him. He turned to see Kitty standing there holding the Ipad Ororo asked her for earlier. She was smiling as she tip toed quietly over to them placing the Ipad on the near by stand.

“What are you smilin' at?” Logan whispered.

“You. Taking care of our girl. She looks peaceful.”

“Yeah?”

Kitty nodded. “This is the most peaceful I've seen her look since she came back here to us all those months ago. Who knew the Wolverine could cause this type of reaction.”

“You mean verses the one other one where people are trying to kill me?”

“That'd be the one.”

Kitty and Logan both chuckled causing Ororo to stir a little. They both quieted down and she quickly fell back asleep.

“That was close.” Logan said looking down at Ororo.

“Yeah. Look, I better go. You and she both need some sleep. It's been one hell of day for both of you. And while you sleep I'll be doing you a favor.”

“What favor?”

“Removing all the porn off your computer. I don't think your new girl friend wants the eye full I saw today.”

“No, I don't think she would either. Thanks Sprite.” he said then winked at her.

“No problem. I'll send you the therapy bill. See you later.” Kitty said.

She took one last look at her two friends then quickly phased through the wall.

A sudden wave of tiredness came over Logan and he couldn't fight sleep any longer. He pulled the woman in his arms closer to him. He felt and heard a content sigh escape her lips. A smile crossed his lips at the thought of her knowing she was safe with him.

Before drifting off something Ororo said popped in his head. There are no such things as happy endings. She was right. There are none. Their lives and who they were pretty much ensured that.

There were however moments. Little ones here and there. Those moments like this one would be treasured for years to come. He silently swore that as long as she was his, her life would be filled with many happy moments.

And with that, he drifted off into a dream filled with sunlight where a white haired goddesses was waiting for him.


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you so much to everyone that read and reviewed this story. I may write a part two but I'm not sure yet.
Ok, take care guys. :)



You must login () to review.