Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan is away on a mission and calls his lady love.
Chapter 11 “ Telephone Love

Relationship Status - married


Logan carefully and stealthily slipped into Ororo’s attic loft. He walked over to where she was standing on her balcony, observing the different colors that lit up the sky as the sun slowly disappeared below the western horizon. His arms went around her from the back, enfolding her in his secure warmth.

“Hello, sweetheart,” she greeted him without looking back.

His mind was elsewhere as he grunted his greeting to her. He kissed the side of her neck and sighed.

Ororo sensed the uneasiness roiling off of him. “What is wrong, Logan?”

Logan released the breath he didn’t realize he was holding. “Chuck’s sending me, One-eye and Petey on a mission.”

Ororo slowly turned in his arms and looked at him squarely in those steel grays of his. Charles didn’t mention anything to her about a mission and she felt mildly put out that he hadn’t, seeing that she was the second in command on the X-Men food chain. She made a mental note to talk to Charles about it later. She wasn’t too keen on being separated from her husband either, no matter the length of time. While she was a strong, self-assured woman, she was not above admitting that she needed him near. Only Logan’s nearness had the ability to generate a unique vivacity, a distinctive energy within her. She knew that their duties as X-Men will eventually get in the way of their lives, but it didn’t mean she had to like it. She gave a mental sigh and quickly schooled her features to appear calm.

The Wolverine eyed his wife carefully. She wasn’t giving off any potent scents that would enable him to gauge her reaction. She was the epitome of calm at that moment. It would be their first time apart since their secret marriage a couple of months ago. For someone who has always been a solitary creature, going and coming as he pleased, it surprised Logan immensely that he hated to be apart from his mate. He finally figured out the reason. Ororo grounded him, she was his anchor in the crazy world they were a part of. She was the one he instinctively gravitated towards to appease the beast within.

“It’s a recon mission. We should be back inna few days.”

She nodded and winded her arms around his bulky neck. “When do you leave?”

He grimaced. “At dawn.”

Her first impulse was to ream him out for not telling her sooner, but she quickly squashed it, knowing that the lives they led as X-Men didn’t change because they were now married. “I’ll miss you. You promise to call?”

His arms closed around her more tightly and he pressed her even closer to him. He kissed her then, long and deeply, like a man deprived of his very essence. It was a kiss that promised more than a phone call.

It was two days since Logan and the others left for the mission and Ororo was lying in bed, reading a book, when her cellphone rang out with that special ring tone that alerted her to her husband calling. A split second later, she was holding it to her ear. With a smile, her husky “Hello, my love” greeted Logan.

His “Hey darlin’,” was like a soothing balm to her soul. “How’s it goin’? Ya ok?”

“I am well, dearest. How is the mission so far?”

He grunted. “Ehh. It’s goin’. Slower than we first thought.”

Ororo exhaled rather loudly. “So this means you will be away longer.” It was more of a statement than a question.

She heard his sigh. “Yeah darlin’.”

There was a brief lull in their conversation, each listening to the other’s breathing. “I miss you, miss your arms around me.” Ororo closed her eyes, thinking about those strong, secure, muscular arms of his.

He groaned. “I miss ya too. I wish I was there wid ya ‘Ro. In bed. Makin’ love ta ya.”

She moaned softly at the sensations that claimed her at his words. “Say the word ‘Ro and I’ll be home. Ta hell wid da mission.”

She knew he wasn’t bluffing. All she had to do was say yes and he would find his way home to her. But, as much as she loved him and wanted him to be with her at that very moment, she knew that the mission was important. Charles wouldn’t have sent him if it wasn’t.

“‘Ro?”

“I am here, my love. Just finish the mission. It is important.”

“Nuttin’ or no one is more important ta me than ya. Ya know I’ll come home if ya want me ta.”

She sighed softly. “I know Logan and your dedication to me is one of the many reasons that I love you. But you have to complete the mission.”

Logan grumbled unintelligibly. Ororo smiled softly, knowing that his agitation was the result of him being away from his mate. “I shall be here waiting for your return, my love.”

He laughed, that rich, deep laugh she loved. “Ya gonna wear that little red number I got ya ta welcome me home?”

Her husky giggle mollified him some. “Hmmm…I thought that you would not want me to be wearing anything. That you would want me in all my naked glory for the Wolverine to feast on.”

“Shit ‘Ro. Ya sure know how to make a man horny.” His raspy voice was a sure fire sign that he was indeed excited.

“You are always horny.”

“Only and always fer ya darlin’.”

His enhanced hearing enabled him to hear Peter and Scott making their way back to the motel room they shared. It was his cue to get off the phone, as he and Ororo still kept their relationship under wraps. “Sorry darlin’, I gotta go. The boys are comin’ back.”

Ororo whined softly. “Just when I thought that we can have a little fun on the phone.”

He heard her whine and smiled. “I’ll make it up ta ya, baby. I promise. I love ya.

She felt that energy only he created in her assail her. “I look forward to that. I love you.”

They severed the connection between them, both filled with contentment and anticipation.





You must login () to review.