Author's Chapter Notes:
Ororo got stood up on Valentine's Day, but Logan is there to keep her company.
Chapter 17 “ Unexpected Valentine

Relationship Status “ pre


Ororo absolutely hated blind dates. And sitting here in the darkest booth at Harry’s drowning her sorrows in a pina colada was testament to that fact. Being stood up was not fun, but being stood up on Valentine’s Day, the most romantic day of the year, was downright depressing. She’ll have to have a talk with Warren about his lousy friend and his equally lousy habit of standing up his date, without the courtesy of at least a lame excuse. When the winged mutant had approached her about going out with his old college buddy who happened to be a low level empath, she was reluctant to agree. But she had caved, unable to say no once Warren resorted to begging and pleading. This was most definitely her last time agreeing to a blind date. They all always ended in disaster. She sighed, trying to ward off the feelings of inadequacy that were attempting to creep up on her. The feelings threatened to consume her, but she refused to yield to them, hence her sitting all alone nursing an alcoholic drink instead of being back at the mansion where the aura of love was so palpable, you can suffocate in it. She sighed again. It was going to be

That delectable smell he’d come to love and appreciate was the first thing that greeted him when he stepped inside the bar. A feeling of calm immediately washed over him. He allowed his hyper senses to locate her in the furthest booth in the darkest corner of the bar. He grinned, his canines flashing. His night just got a lot better. He walked over to the bar where Harry was busy tending drinks. Harry was privy to the fact that the folks at Xavier’s were all mutants, but he didn’t care. They were good people as far as he was concerned.

“What’s goin’ on tonight, Logan?” Harry greeted the surly, burly mutant.

“Ain’t shit goin’ on. Let me get a Molson. I’ll be over there wid ‘Ro, so keep ‘em comin’ that way.”

“No problem.”

“Gimme one of whateva she ordered earlier.”

Harry mixed the pina colada and gave it to the Wolverine and watched as the feral man made his way over to the beautiful weather manipulator.

Logan stealthily made his way over to Storm, drink in hand. He walked up behind her and leaned over her, seductively whispering in her ear. “Ya alone?”

Shivers ran down Ororo’s spine and her entire body grew warm. She hid a smile behind the glare she greeted him with as she turned around. “Yes and I would like to keep it that way.”

He placed the drink in front of her on the booth table. He walked around to the opposite side of the booth and sat down. “Well, darlin’, have no fear, Wolverine is here.”

She gave him a nasty look and shook her head. She was secretly happy he was there to keep her company, but there was no way she was going to give the Wolverine’s infamous ego satisfaction. Setting her old drink aside, she reached for the fresh one Logan brought her. “Thank you for the drink,” she mumbled.

He grunted. “So why ya sittin’ here alone, Storm? I thought ya had a date?”

Ororo bowed her head. “I got stood up,” she muttered.

His super hearing allowed him to hear her jumbled words. He took a long sip of his Molson before he replied. “That’s too bad. The man is a fool.”

Ororo’s eyes snapped up to meet Logan’s intense stare. She didn’t dare look away. “Thank you, I guess.” His casual compliment unexpectedly soothe her tarnished ego. She silently and secretly studied the Wolfman sitting across from her under a flurry of lashes. Logan was huge and looked incredibly fearsome. He was extremely attractive, that much was evident. He oozed blatant sexuality under his veneer of brusqueness and harshness.

“Ya deserve the best, ‘Ro.” His simple statement yanked her out of her musings.

She leaned her head to the side and studied him in muted awe. “Are you alright, Wolverine?”

He barked with laughter. He waited until the waitress placed another beer before him and walked away before replying. “What? I give compliments.”

“The word compliments and you do not belong in the same sentence,” she replied laughingly.

“Don’t go braggin’ I gave ya one.”

She saluted him. “Your secret is safe with me.”

Logan studied Ororo as a comfortable silence drifted between them. Quite simply she was stunning. The powerful, bossy, pain in the ass second in command of the X-Men was absolutely breathtaking. Lately, he found himself wanting to get closer to her, wanting to learn all of her secrets. He had suddenly found himself exerting more control than necessary whenever she was in his presence. It was becoming a damn nuisance.

“I thought you of all people would have had a hot date tonight, Logan.” Her inquiry brought him out of his reverie.

He cleared his throat of the sudden knot that found itself there and took another long swallow of his beer. “Nah.”

Ororo rose an elegant white eyebrow. “Hmm. The Wolverine without a woman on Valentine’s Day? I am shocked to say the least.”

Logan laughed. “Contrary ta popular belief, I don’t spend my ev’ry wakin’ moment in the company of women.”

He reached across the table and took her hand, caressing her knuckles. Ororo felt the caress in every fiber of her being. Logan too, felt it in the depths of his soul. “I’ll rather spend Valentine’s Day wid ya anytime, Storm.”

She laughed with shallow breathlessness. “That is good to know. I thought I was a thorn in your side.”

“Ya are.”

“Logan?”

“Yeah, darlin’?” He pierced her with his intense gray eyes.

She took a deep breath before continuing. “Thank you. For taking my mind off my dismal love life.”

His eyes fell away and the seconds slowly ticked by. When he looked at her again, there was something undefined and mysterious in his eyes. “Ya wanna dance?”

Ororo nodded, smiling. She hadn’t danced with a man in a while. As Logan helped her out of the booth onto the dance floor, he enthusiastically admired the slinky black dress that clung to the dangerous curves of her body. His loins tightened, but he forced himself to ignore it. This was Ororo, the unattainable one. She sure as hell didn’t see him in the same light as he did her. A few couples had already occupied the dancing floor swaying to the waning music of Smokey Robinson’s Cruisin’.

As Al Green’s Love and Happiness took over, Logan put his hands on her hips and pulled her closer. She entwined her hands around his thick neck. His hands slid up her sides and she conformed her body to fit his as they rocked to the upbeat tempo of the song. As they got into the song, he turned her around so her back was plastered to his front. He then wrapped his arms around her to rest on her taut stomach. She placed her hands on top of his, as they swayed and gyrated to the music.

Ororo felt his hot breath on her neck as he leaned down to whisper, “Happy Valentine’s Day, ‘Ro.”





You must login () to review.