Author's Chapter Notes:
Ororo and Logan do some self-analysis and have some realizations.
Chapter 20 “ Realizations

Relationship Status “ established


It was a day of realizations for Ororo, as she diligently cared for the various flora in her greenhouse. For a long time, she had stood on that rim of chasm, afraid of taking that leap to the other side. But she had crossed over, taking the extended hands of happiness and love Logan held out. At first, crossing that churning abyss seemed too risky a chance to take. Fears of being sucked into the gulf had made her deny the exciting, intense love she felt for the mansion’s resident mountain and instead, settled for safety and stability, which ultimately led her to accept Forge. Forge had come into her life at a time when she had serious doubts about herself and she was bombarded with feelings of being wanted. Forge had wanted her, no secret about that. He told her everything she wanted to hear, or at least what she thought she wanted to hear. She was honest with herself to admit that she freely and pathetically ate up the gibberish Forge fed her. But admitting this wasn’t the hardest part of the entire Forge saga. The hardest part for Ororo was realizing and conceding the fact that Forge never loved her and she knew that deep down she never loved him, not as she did Logan. It was the hardest part because it would mean that she, Ororo N’Dare Munroe, a woman who prided herself on being sensible and strong, had somewhere along the line, become foolish and weak.

Once that realization had set in, it was easy for her to understand that, contrary to what everyone thought, she wasn’t hurt by Forge’s infidelity. Once Forge was kicked to the curb, she realized that the hurt stemmed from having her dreams and hopes for a family and stable home squashed yet again. So, with her life exposed as the charade it was, she had sought out her one true and reliable source of reassurance and support. Logan. He had offered her the comfort and encouragement she needed without any recriminations. Moreover, on that fateful night, he had offered her something else. Something more valuable, yet priceless. He had offered her the realization that their lives were intertwined, providing sustenance to each other. They were soul mates. She had wholeheartedly accepted all he had to offer, unequivocally committing herself to him.

She was a better woman once she grabbed those hands Logan had held out to her. She had returned to the mansion a changed woman, one of substance. She was more confident and determined. The aura that surrounded her was so radiant, that everyone around her was affected in some shape or form. Her happiness was palpable and she couldn’t help but luxuriate in the grandeur of it.

Thinking about her beloved, she went in search of him.

***

Thinking was dangerous, especially when one was thinking along the lines he currently was. However, he soon realized that he wasn’t doing himself any favors entertaining thoughts of ending the relationship with his wind rider before it started. Thoughts of the many enemies he’d accumulated over his long life using his one weakness to exact their revenge against him were disheartening. Ororo was his one weakness and any thoughts of her in danger or being used in anyway always set him on edge. And a Wolverine on the edge was a lethal Wolverine. But, as soon as the thoughts of ending their relationship entered his mind, he dismissed them. There was no way in hell he was going to succumb to his fears and give her up. He did that once and it almost cost him dearly.

Almost losing her, to the unworthy Cheyenne no less, was more than a wakeup call for him. It was his life’s defining moment. Realizing that Ororo was vital to his very existence had triggered something akin to a rebirth within him. He no longer felt shackled by a past he was still struggling to come to terms with. He was now a man full of hope. He now looked forward to his future, a future with his treasured soul mate. He knew he that he wanted, no needed, to make her happy for the rest of their lives together. After the life he’d lived, he realized that Ororo was the best thing that ever happened to him. But the best things in life didn’t happen, unless you were willing to work for them. And boy, did he had to work to get to the place he was now basking in.

For years, many believed that he was in love with the redheaded doctor Jean Grey. But their presumptions on that were so far away from the truth. What they didn’t know was that his seeming feelings for Jean were nothing but a sham, a ploy to distract him from what he truly desired. Deep down, he knew the truth. He held no deep love or affection for Jean and whatever, if anything he felt, was merely superficial.

Ororo was well worth it, so hell no he wasn’t going to give her or what they were trying to build together up. He would rather fight with the devil himself or have the adamantium rip from his bones before he allowed that to happen. He had spent the greater part of his long life allowing his enemies and even some whom he deemed friends to rob him of the people and things he held dear. But, he’ll be damned if that was going to happen this time around. He would fight tooth and nail and with his last breath before anyone or anything took his beloved weather witch from him. And God help those who try or even thought about trying.

Thinking about his lady love, he left the danger room in search of her.

***

As he marched through the many trees on Xavier’s vast property to get to their secret spot, her delicious scent wafted over to greet him. When he approached the clearing, he took his time admiring the grace and beauty of the woman who held his heart. He was still in awe that a mutt like him can be worthy of a Goddess like her. Ororo sensed him as he slowly made his way to her. The smile on her face said it all as she stood facing away from him, waiting for him to come to her. He came up to her and encircled her slender waist with both hands. His heady aroma caused her to sway slightly before she surrendered and leaned back into his muscular frame. She adjusted her ass against his hips, his hard thighs pressing into the backs of her legs. He grunted at the sweet torture of the contact.

His lips caressed her ear as he spoke. “Hey, darlin’.” One of his broad callused hands slipped under her arm, moved around her waist and flattened on her stomach, almost covering it completely. With a slow inescapable pressure, he drew her tighter against him.

“I have been waiting for you, my love,” she crooned. She turned in his arms and looped her arms around his neck. She pecked his lips lightly, sweetly. “I have been thinking about you.”

Logan’s eyes pierced hers deeply, the depth of emotion he felt for her was evident in his penetrating stare. “Same here, darlin’. I was wonderin’ if ya wanted ta get away fer the weekend?”

“Hmm. Sounds good. Any specific place in mind?”

“I was thinkin’ the Catskills or the Poconos. Yer pick,” he replied, smilingly.

She returned the smile. “What about the Adirondacks? We can go camping.”

“Even better.” He leaned in to kiss her softly. They looked at each other for a long moment and the entire world seemed to disintegrate, leaving only the two of them free to be completely absorbed in each other.





You must login () to review.