Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy Thanksgiving one and all
Chapter 31 “ It’s Thanksgiving

Relationship Status “ established

Thanksgiving morning was clear, but unseasonably cold. Ororo and Marie were already hard at work in the kitchen, chatting amicably and preparing a variety of dishes. Marie was just about finishing up putting the pumpkin pie into the oven, when she whispered, “Ororo, can ah talk tah yah?”

Ororo turned towards Marie, halting whipping the potatoes. She sensed the urgency and seriousness of Marie’s mood. “Of course you can. What is it?”

A soft smile lighting up the young woman’s face made her more beautiful than she was. Ororo saw the happiness glittering in her green eyes and knew that somehow, her adopted brother Remy was responsible. It was a huge celebration when Marie finally gained control of her mutation that for a long time had everyone wary of her poisoned skin. Marie deserved all the good things life had to offer her. Before Ororo stood a confident, strong young woman, a far cry from the scared rabbit of a girl Logan brought to them so long ago. The change was startling to see. In addition to the Professor’s guidance, Logan’s love and care for Marie was evident. Again, Ororo was reminded of the soft, loving heart the brusque Canadian kept hidden.

Marie reached into her jean’s pocket and pulled out a half carat cushion cut emerald and diamond rose gold promise ring. Ororo’s hands flew to her mouth at the stunning piece of jewelry. “Marie? Is that what I think it is?”

The white streaked auburn haired mutant smiled and shook her head. “It’s a promise ring. Not engagement.”

“Remy?”

“Who else?”

Ororo wrapped Marie in a big hug and squeezed her tightly. “I am happy for you.”

Marie returned the hug as tears leaked from her eyes. “Thank yah, Ororo. Ah haven’t tell Logan yet. Remy said he was gonna talk tah him. So please don’t say anything.”

“I would not. Your secret is safe with me.”

Rogue withdrew from Ororo’s embrace and reached for a napkin to dry her eyes. She placed the ring back into her jean’s pocket and began chopping vegetables for her next dish. “So what yah think Logan’s reaction gonna be?”

“Do you mean short of gutting my poor brother?”

Both ladies laughed out loud at the possible scenario, when into the kitchen walked the Wolverine. He took a look at his two favorite girls and grinned. Walking over to search the secret compartment in the cabinet for the six-pack he had stashed away, he asked, “What has the two of ya laughin’ like hyenas?”

His statement only made both women laugh harder. Once Ororo’s laughter evaporated, she read the softening in his eyes and knew that he like that she and Marie interacted so well with each other. She was just happy that they were creating new and happy memories for him. Suddenly, she longed to touch him. He seemed to know that, for he came toward her and put a possessive arm around her slender waist, drawing her to his side. She allowed her body to adjust to the length of his.

A quick whiff of her intoxicating scent filled him with lust. The hunger that radiated from his eyes when she looked up at him startled her. “Ya smell good, beautiful.” Ororo blushed prettily. Logan’s compliments weren’t the normal romantic ones, but she wouldn’t have them any other way.

“Did you come to lend us a helping hand, Logan?”

“Hell no, ‘Ro. I’m gonna be in the garage. Coupla the older cars, need some work.” He leaned down and gently kissed her and caressed her ample backside, before grabbing his beer and strolling out of the kitchen.

Ororo stood smiling, seemingly caught up in her own world. “I’m glad Logan has yah, Ororo.”

Marie’s comment broke her out of her trance. She smiled shyly. “Thank you.”

“He needed real love and stability. I’ve neva seen him so happy.”

“He has made me very happy as well, my dear Marie,” the older woman admitted. “I just cannot see myself living without him.”

“Just be aware of people who aren’t ta happy fer yah.” Ororo turned swiftly to face Marie. The telling look on the younger mutant’s face was intense. It told Ororo that she knew exactly what was going on. “Ah see and pick up on things, Ororo. Some people in heah aren’t ta happy ‘bout yah and Logan.”

“I know,” Ororo said softly.

Marie walked over to the woman she had always look up too since she arrived at the school. Ororo was a wonderful person and other than Logan, was the first one to not shrink away from her. She slung her arm around Ororo’s shoulders and whispered in her ear, “Don’tcha worry, Ororo. Ah know Logan ain’t goin’ an’where. No matter the tricks she try ta play.”

Ororo reached up and patted Marie’s hand. She turned around and eyed the younger woman, admiring the maturity visible in her eyes. “Thank you, Marie. I am very secure in my relationship with Logan. And believe me, I am aware of all the tricks that are being played and I am on top of it.”

“Good. Can’t trust these jezebels these days.”

Ororo chuckled. “Let us get back to work, Marie. We can continue our girl talk at another time.”

For the next three hours, the two women worked at preparing the meal for the eighteen dinner guests, sporadically taking little breaks in between. It was almost three in the afternoon when everything was done. While Rogue set the huge dinner table, Ororo set up the buffet table that would house the many dishes prepared.

Rogue plopped down on a stool by the kitchen island. “Okay, Ororo, ev’rythin looks great, shugah. Ah ma go and clean up.”

“We make a great team, Rogue. I have already alerted Charles that everything is ready. He said he will send out the message for everyone to gather in the dining hall at four o’clock.” Ororo sighed, rotating her neck. “I am going to freshen up. I shall see you in a bit.”

By the time Ororo had made it back downstairs, the dining hall was filled with those who had decided to spend the Thanksgiving holiday at the mansion. She looked around and saw everyone except Logan. She wasn't worried because he was usually the last one to arrive at these types of public gatherings, right after enjoying one of his cigars. She smiled softly, while surveying the buffet table. She groaned inwardly when she saw the fruit salad she had made was still in the refrigerator. She met Logan in the kitchen, washing his hands in the sink. His soft growl lets her know that he knows she’s there. He turned to face her, drying his hands and she tossed him a sexy smile as she reached into the refrigerator to get the salad. The fruit salad had been placed in a heavy crystal bowl and required both hands to hold. Logan stepped in front of her to relieve her of the bowl.

“Let me carry that fer ya, sweets.” He placed the bowl on the kitchen island. “Ya look incredible today, ‘Ro.”

“Thank you, dearest.” She ran her hands over the gray polo dress shirt he had donned for the evening. “And you feel as wonderful as you look.”

“Just know that I’m thankful fer ya and all ya’ve given me.” His arms snaked around her waist and he kissed her lightly eliciting the riotous sensations in her as only his touch can.

He growled when the deliciousness of her overall scent and the scent of her arousal combined. “Later, baby,” he said in a low voice. He backed away from her, dropped his hands, grinned wickedly and took up the salad bowl and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Ororo with her body humming with arousal.





You must login () to review.