Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan and Ororo clear the air now that they’ve finally admitted their feelings. This is an extension of Chapter 8
Chapter 33 “ It’s All Out In The Open

Relationship Status - established

Ororo’s eyes fluttered opened, adjusting to the bright sun light sifting through the semi-opened window blinds. The scent of the earth after cleansing rain hung heavily in the air outside and casually seeped through the crevices to permeate the inside of the cabin. She heard the sweet music of the birds chirping and other animals scurrying about the outdoors. She stretched her frame languidly, her body aglow with soreness and other sensations she thought were appeased after the countless times she and Logan had made love last night and well into the morning.

Just thinking of the activities that they had engaged in brought a smile to her face. Thinking about the man responsible for the happy haze she was caught up in magnified the smile into a brilliant one. She had known that Logan was who she needed when she had decided to take a sabbatical from her duties at the mansion, in order to get her thoughts and mind together after her failed engagement to Forge. She had left to track Logan down with the sole belief that he was the only one that could provide her comfort and reassurance as she endured the heartache and feelings of inadequacy after discovering Forge’s infidelities.

His welcoming and consoling embrace had broken the floodgates and all her pent up emotions and the sordid story had broken free. His spoken words of truth and comfort had caused all the emotions she held for him and tried to bury over the years to bombard her. At that moment, she knew that this was more than likely the last chance she had to come clean about her feelings for him. She couldn’t deny it any longer and had decided to take what was quite possibly the biggest gamble in her life. She had let go of the fear that had forced her to deny and squash her feelings for him and went after her man.

Her gamble had paid off and Logan had made the happiest of women when he reciprocated her feelings. She was now reaping the benefits and if last night was any indication, she knew she would be in for a lifetime of love with this man. She reached up and lightly touched his bite mark on her left collarbone. He had wasted no time in branding her his mate for life last night. The sheer primal nature of the act meant more to her than any words of love professed between them.

Ororo turned slowly trying not to wake him, but she knew it was futile because she knew he was more than likely up after her first movements. Still, she was shocked to see his eyes, wide and intense, perusing her as she turned to face him. Her immediate smile shone her love and contentment. “Good morning, my love,” she hummed, lovingly tracing the rugged contours of his face with her fingers.

“Mornin’,” he grumbled, savoring the feel of her fingers on his face.

“Slept well?” She asked demurely.

“Best sleep I’ve ever had.”

“No nightmares?”

“Not a single one, darlin’.” He sighed. “What ‘bout ya?”

Her eyes lifted from following the trail of her fingers, to peer into those eyes of his that see everything. Her slow smile was his answer. “I slept quite peacefully. It was as if all my troubles just melted away.”

Logan pulled her closer, so their chests were touching. She giggled as his chest hair tickled her breasts. “Good. Ya weren’t in the best shape when ya showed up here, darlin’.”

Ororo sighed. “Please do not remind me. It was not one of my finest moments that is for sure.”

“Which reminds me of my next mission,” Logan stated simply.

Her brows knotted and she leaned her head back a bit so she was staring into eyes that was quickly going from sterling gray to dark gray. It was a surefire sign that the Wolverine was waking up. “Oh? And what is your next mission?”

“Kill that no good bastard Forge.”

He said it so nonchalantly that Ororo laughed lightly before getting serious again. “No. You would not.”

Logan cocked a brow at her. “’Ro…”

“No, Logan. Forge is not worth it. Let us concentrate on us and the relationship we started last night.”

“But…”

Ororo leveled him with that stare he had long ago dubbed “the Goddess” gaze. “Logan,” she began, her voice confident, “Forge is no longer an issue. I would rather all of our energy and time be invested in us, not in some revenge scheme to get back at my ex who I will finally admit that I have never loved.”

Logan jerked away from her as if she had burned him. This was hot off the presses news to him. Since the arrogant Maker had returned and inserted himself in their lives, all signs had pointed to her falling in and having this great love for the Maker, wanting to build the life she desperately desired with the bum. He was speechless. All he could manage was a meager “Eh?”

Ororo smiled lovingly at the man who had always held her heart and whom she knew loved her with everything that he was. “Yes, my love. I have never loved Forge.”

“So what the hell was all that about then?”

Ororo sighed, knowing the “all that” he was referring to. It was about that time to have the discussion she dreaded but knew was inevitable.

“It was about a lot of things, Logan.” She slowly scooted up towards the head of the bed, so that her back was resting against the intricately carved wooden board. She arranged the down comforter around her, so that only the swell of her breasts were visible. She turned to look at Logan then continued. “I…I…” She faltered. Taking in a deep calming breath, she tried again. “When Forge began showering me with his attentions, I was at first stunned because I never thought that I would garner such attentions from a man.”

Logan frowned, hearing the uncertainty and self-doubt from last night return to her voice. He opened his mouth to refute her words, but her next words forced him to keep his mouth shut and let her continue. There would be ample time later for him to set her straight.

“After I got over my initial astonishment, I allowed myself to be caught up in the ostentatiousness of being in a relationship.” She sighed and turned to face him with a pained look on her face. “I am ashamed to say that I got sucked in by the flamboyance of what Forge represented and offered. I pushed being true to myself to the back and allowed myself to be sidelined by thoughts of being love, all because I wanted to be love and feel loved in return. I never felt as deeply for him as I had let on.”

Her distress was evident to him by the aggrieved look on her features and the agitated way in which she picked at the comforter. However, he remained quiet, instead laying a comforting hand on hers, stilling her motions.

She gave him a shy smile in gratitude. “Logan, I got caught up in the hype that I was finally given an opportunity to get all that I have ever wanted…love, marriage and children.” She sighed. “But it was not meant to be,” she choked out.

Logan leaned over to press a loving reassuring kiss to her temple.

“After all was said and done, I came to realize that I was never in love with him, just in love with the fairy tale he presented. And it was obvious that he was never in love with me. If he was, he would have never found the need for another woman and cheated on me.”

She turned to Logan and leaned over, touching their foreheads together. “Do you know the most important thing that I realized through this ordeal? I realized that I could have never loved Forge, or any other man for that matter, because my heart belonged to you from the very beginning. Throughout it all, my heart has been yours and will remain yours forever.”

She punctuated her impassioned statement with a tender kiss to his lips, which he immediately took control of.

The need for air separated them, but Logan took her into the shelter of his arms, wanting to feel her close for what he was about to tell her.

“First of all, ‘Ro,” he husked, “I need ya ta get any and all thoughts about ya not being deserving of a man’s attentions. Ya are desirable and beautiful and deserve everything yer heart desires. Don’t ever let no one tell ya otherwise. Second, Forge is and will always be an ass. The idiot didn’t know the treasure he had in ya. But I guess I should thank him fer givin’ me the chance ta finally claim ya.”

Ororo’s brilliant smile was contagious, as he gave her one of his own. “Babe, fer the record, I’ve loved ya since the day Xavier introduced me ta all ya geeks. But I’ve always thought ya were outta my league and ta good fer the likes of me.”

“Oh, dearest…”

Logan turned her hand over and planted a kiss in the middle of her palm. He then continued. “Ya gotta understand, everybody made it known ta me in some way or the other that ya were not ta be touched, especially by the likes of me. They portrayed ya as the unattainable one and I was pretty much told not ta even try wid ya. So, I turned ta Jean knowin’ that anythin’ wid her would was pointless ta begin with. But the truth of the matter is, that me and my beast had already chosen ya as our mate.”

“So why all the hoopla concerning Jean?” Ororo mumbled. She wanted to lay whatever doubts about their union that were lingering to rest.

Logan expelled a harsh breath, then he turned to her and leveled her with the most intense look she had ever seen. It was so powerful and penetrating that tears clouded her vision. “’Ro, darlin’, ya are my heart…always been and always will be. Ain’t nobody I can see myself spendin’ the rest of my life with and bein’ this open wid other than ya. Yer mines and ain’t nothin’ gonna change that.” He paused to gather the remainder of his thoughts. “Red…Jean was just my way of hidin’ how I felt fer ya….to deny my want and need fer ya. And it was so easy ta use her ta get under Scooter’s skin. Me and my animal didn’t see Jean as bein’ worthy of being our mate. That privilege was only fer ya, darlin’ because we saw ya as the worthy one and our life partner. After ya, no one else will ever do. Like I told ya last night, never ever doubt that yer the love of my life and that ya’re the only woman I want and need."

The tears that pooled in her eyes broke free and they ran unchecked down her smooth cheeks at his raw words.

“Oh Logan. We have both wasted so much time,” she cried.

“Nah. I look at it as not bein’ our time yet. We both had ta go through the bullshit ta get to this point. I don’t think either of us were ready until now,” he simply replied.

Ororo smiled at his philosophical reasoning. “I love you so much,” she whispered.

“The feelin’ is mutual, darlin’.” With that said, he maneuvered her until she was beneath him, the comforter tossed aside and him nestled in that comfortable niche between her legs. He bent his head and nuzzled the bite mark on her collarbone, his callused hands coasting over her heated flesh.

“Mmmm…” she moaned raggedly as he cupped her breasts, lifted them and teased the peaks with his fingertips and thumbs.

Logan groaned at the eroticism of his large, tanned and hair-sprinkled hands against the smoothness of her mahogany skin. Ororo gasped softly when the pad of his finger pebbled her nipple into a tight bud.

“I worship ya, Miss Munroe, my Goddess,” were his last words before she saw his open lips closed over that pebbled nipple and plunged her into a maelstrom of sensations.





You must login () to review.