Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan is having a nightmare and Ororo went to help.
Chapter 4 - Emotions Running High

Relationship Status - pre


She was passing the adults' wing on her way back to her attic loft, when she froze mid stride. She listened. All was still in the mansion. Just as she started to move again, she heard a groan. When a sharp cry followed, she became alarmed. Moving fast to see where the noise came from, she realized it was from Logan's room. Without thinking and pausing, she made her way to his door. She tentatively knocked twice, knowing he was locked in another one of his nightmares. She contemplated why she was there when she remembered his almost deadly reaction to when Marie woke him out of a nightmare some time ago. She became aware of being naked under her thin cotton nightgown when a chill swept through the hallway. Should she go in? When she heard another rasping cry and louder moans, she paused only an instant before she opened the door a crack and peered in.

Logan was thrashing and tossing on his bed. Ororo quickly stepped in the room, closed the door and leaned back against it. She dared not get close to him while he was trapped in the agony of his nightmare. Again, she wondered why she was there. The bit of moonlight streaming through his window revealed to her his bare chest heaving and his face beaded with sweat. The words coming out of his mouth were incoherent, but communicated his distress. He murmured the name Fox over and over. Ororo inhaled a shaky breath and called out to him. "Logan, wake up." No change. She called out, "Logan! Please wake up. You are having a nightmare." He flayed his arms and tossed his head on the pillow, his teeth bared as he clenched them. She threw caution to the wind and quietly approached the bed. More forcibly she said, "Logan, if you do not wake up, I am going to fry your hairy hide!"

Somehow, her message got through to him. His eyes opened, and as if hinged at the waist, bolted upright. The sheet fell around his middle. Bright Lady, he's naked! Ororo realized. He gulped in great amounts of air and shook his head in an attempt to clear it of the tormenting nightmare. Shaky hands raked through damp, rumpled hair before covering his face. Ororo slowly approached the side of the bed where he was and sat down, all the while eyeing him carefully. "Logan, you were having a nightmare," she said softly, comfortingly. "Are you all right now?"

He nodded dumbly. "I'm fine." He edged away from her. "Would you like to talk about it?" Her voice was a faint whisper. Until her fingers touched the damp hair on his head, she hadn't realized she had moved closer to him and reached for him.

"No," he answered hoarsely. Then desperately, his arms went around her waist in a tight grip and he drew her to him, burying his face between her breasts. She hesitated a moment before she cradled his head in her arms. His ragged breath was warm on her skin through the thin nightgown. Whispering words of comfort and trying her best to ignore the raw flare of desire, she stroked his head, weaving her fingers through his surprisingly soft locks. His hands moved over her back, tracing her spine. Ororo stifled a moan, her body starting to hum from his touch.

Long minutes passed and still he held her. He moved his head between her breasts and began nuzzling her with his nose and mouth, pressing hot kisses to her sensitive flesh. A longing deeper and more powerful than any emotion she had felt in her life speared her very soul. Her limbs felt like jelly, but she drew his head closer. A soft, glad cry escaped her lips when he took her nipple into his mouth. He sucked on it gently before his tongue swept across it, wetting her gown.

Ororo's body was swimming with sensations and she whimpered when the strong support of his arms was suddenly withdrawn. Logan sat with his knees raised, his head hanging between them. "Leave me," he grated.

"Logan, I ..."

"Leave me, now," he repeated with a groan.

Her emotions running high, she simply nodded. She got up off his bed and made her way to the door, grateful that the darkness was affording her a smidgen of modesty and hid the shame of her response to him. Logan took in the dejected stoop of her shoulders. He swore vehemently. "Dammit. Don't think that I don't want ya." For the second time that night, she froze in place. At his words, her face lit up, dejection replaced with happiness. It took all of her willpower to not turn around and go back to him and beg him to take her. She nodded again, letting him know that she heard his parting words. As if floating air, she made her way out of his room and up to her loft, feeling desired for the first time in a very long time.





You must login () to review.