Logan- 4 weeks later……

Lookin back at the past events, I shoulda known it was gonna go this way. This Ro weren’t no different than the one from my time. Beautiful, resilient, loyal. But how her and Blue Boy were so stupid concernin the Other Me, I’ll never know.

I mean, really? Healing Factor stops workin? That’s like sayin I woke up one day without my claws. If Other Me’s healin factor were really gone, the adamantium shoulda killed me (him? Christ) in days. Yeah I know Blue Boy said something about a temporary antidote, but hell that alone shoulda offed Other Me. Hell from the weight of it, He shouldna been able to walk, let alone wine and dine Ro. Suffocatin? In Adamantium? Ya’d a thought two people as smart as Ro and Furball woulda thought something was up.

So I just asked( real calm like, ya know, ain’t no use in kickin nobody when they’re down) if my healing factor was considered a part of my immune system. Furball sez o’course it is, only difference between mine and most other folk is that mine is accelerated, it works faster and harder and longer.

So I asked (again real calm like, ya know) that if my healing factor, my immune system, were gone, shouldna I been like that bubble boy from the 80’s, remember they took him outta the bubble and he was gone within 15 minutes.

You coulda heard a pin drop.

Ro asked me what I think it meant.

I looked her in those beautiful blues and told her that Other Me, Her Me, Her Logan- aint no way he’s dead. Makes more sense that someone done run off with him. I’m not saying he’ll be in tip top shape, but what I am saying is that ain’t no way he’s dead.

Long story short, us three got to brainstorming and came up with this:

Last person we know of that had him for sure-Sinister
Sinister works for: Apocalypse
Apocalypse’ former Horseman Death: Other Me, Logan
Scumbag we’re up against now: Apocalypse

Something tells me that ain’t no damn coinkydink.

I gotta find him. Hopefully he comes along nicely, and I can give the woman I love the man she loves. I just pray to whatever God there is out there that they ain’t already turned him and he comes against us and one of us has to put him down. Lord forbid Ro has to do it, or me, and then she has to watch me do it. Ain’t no winners here, I reckon.

So that’s where you come in. If I find him and he’s still encased in that shit, I need you. If I find him and he’s trouble, I need you to shut him down like you did before. I know Ro don’t agree with yer methods but I also know you got warm feelings towards her. Anyway I’ll be at that crappy bar pullin a all nighter. Think about and get back to me before dawn.




As Logan speeds off on his motorcycle into the rainy night, Magneto looks after him. “How noble,” he thinks. “That he would save the man she loves, all the while destroying his own happiness in the process.” He chuckles darkly. “Hhmph. Fool. Yes, yes I will help, but only because both Logans will be of great use to me. Especially since I already know where this world’s Logan is being held.” He takes a sip of his wine and waits a few minutes before dialing the number of the bar where he knows Old Man Logan will be waiting. His mind races with the possibilities. The consequences. The repercussions.
“Well, “ Magneto says aloud to himself, as he begins to press the numbers into his phone. “If nothing else, this will make an excellent story.”





You must login () to review.