Chapter 7

There were no words to describe the structure that stood before her. It was unlike anything she had ever seen before. The house stood majestically amidst the myriad of trees and impeccable landscaped grounds.

Logan observed the range of emotions that flutter across her face. He took delight in all of them. Yep, Chuck was right. She was feeling the shockwaves now. She removed her arm from around his waist and turned to him, her eyes alight with questions. “Is this the project that you were working on for Charles’ friend?”

Logan smiled sheepishly. He ran his hand down the back of his neck nervously. Why the hell was he nervous? The hard part was over. Ororo eyeballed him, silently awaiting his answer.

In lieu of answering her, he reached into the pocket of his jeans and retrieved a single brass key and held it up in front of her face. Her eyes continuously darted back and forth between him and the key he held.

“Logan?” She whispered.

“Are ya just gonna stand there, darlin’?”

Ororo looked on open-mouthed and confused. Logan looked at her furtively and continued to dangle the key before her. “What is the meaning of this? What is going on, Logan?”

His continued silence was beginning to unnerve her. Trying to regain control, she took a few breaths and asked, “What are we doing here?”

Logan withdrew the key and draped an arm around her shoulders. Smiling engagingly, he said, “Come wid me, darlin’.”

He steered her towards the property. He heard her heart hammering in her chest and took that as a good sign. They wended their way to the entrance of the house in silence, both lost in their own thoughts.

Standing before the cherry wood front door framed between stained-glass windows, Ororo noticed the address was etched on a brass plate that was to the door. One perfectly sculpted eyebrow rose in silent inquiry. In answer, he took both of her hands into his broad, callused ones and turned her towards him.

“Ororo?” Her head whipped up at his gravelly voice uttering her name, not any of the nicknames he had for her. His marvelous gray eyes pierced into her like two lances.

She queried him with her answering gaze.

“It wasn’t Chuck’s friend I was workin’ on this fer,” he said on a decibel only meant for her ears. “I did this fer you.”

He continued staring at her, gauging her reaction to his bombshell. To say she was shocked was an understatement. He had completely taken the wind out of her sails. She opened her mouth to reply, but no words were forthcoming. She stared back at him in total bewilderment. “Why?” Was the only coherent word she could muster.

“I wanted ta show ya how much ya mean ta me,” he answered. He ran his hand down the back of his neck in nervousness.
“Ya know I’m no good wid words, ‘Ro,” he finished lamely.

“You did this for me?” She whispered softly, shyly.

Logan only nodded. He only had a second to brace himself before she launched herself into his arms. He stumbled a bit, trying to steady the unexpected weight of her. He pulled her tightly against him, inhaling her fragrance. “I didn’t like ya bein’ so depressed and I wanted ta do somethin’ fer ya and at the same time show ya how much I love ya.”

He smelled the saline, seconds before the rain started to fall. They stood on the portico holding onto each other. He knew she cried happy tears, as the rain fell in small, gentle drops. “Sshhh, darlin’,” he soothed.

She quieted down after a few minutes. She pulled away from him and offered him a small, bashful smile. “I am completely overwhelmed, Logan.”

He gave her his trademark crooked smile. She leaned over and cupped the back of his head, pulling him towards her.

“Thank you, my love.” Her lips were warm and demanding on his. She wasn’t disappointed when he acquiesced and opened his mouth. Logan allowed her a few seconds before he took control of the kiss. All the sensations she had strived to suppress for so very long flared to life. Like before, her nerves ignited under the heat of his mouth.

Logan eased his lips over her cheek to her ear. “Ya deserve it, ‘Ro. This is all fer ya.” His breath was as much as a caress as his probing lips.

“Can we go inside?” she sighed.

He caught her hand and brought it to his mouth, planting a hot kiss in the palm. Her heart thumped loudly in her breast. “Do ya want ta do the honors?”

She took the key he held up to her. “It would be my pleasure.”

His thumb drew circles on the pulsing veins in her wrist. Lifting her hand to his lips again, he spoke against her fingers. “Ya didn’t say anythin’ about the address.”

“One Goddess Drive,” she beamed. “How?”

“I petitioned the city ta rename it afta ya.” His wandering finger toyed with the lobe of her ear. “All yers, my Goddess.”

“It seems I have a lot to thank you for, later,” she purred.

“Can hardly wait.” Before she can turn the key in the lock, he kissed her again, seeming to draw sustenance from her.

She unlocked the door and stepped inside. Behind her, Logan flipped the light switch, alighting the house. Paradise was the first word that came to Ororo’s mind, when she beheld all what was in front of her. “Bright Lady!”

Logan slowly approached her and wrapped his arms around her from behind. “Ya like it?”

“There are no words to adequately describe this, dearest.”
He kissed the side of her neck, causing tremors to vibrate throughout her body. “Let me give ya the grand tour, babe.”

He took her by the hand and maneuvered her through the gourmet kitchen, formal dining room, large family room and library/office on the bottom floor. She was totally flabbergasted when she got a look at the striking master suite, with its distinctive skylight, lavish master bathroom and balcony. She was duly impressed with the remaining bedrooms and bathrooms on the second floor and the laundry room and gym located in the basement of the home. Outside, she oohed and awed at the redwood decking and the perfectly landscaped lawn. Logan pointed out to her the space where he would like to erect a greenhouse if she chose to have one. He also told her about the creek located a few yards behind the home that emptied into the pond they bypassed on their hike.

When all was said and done, Ororo felt as if she was floating on cloud nine and Logan, as his inner beast felt content because their love was utterly pleased. Even deeper, Logan felt as his soul was finally quieting down, now that the life in Ororo was ablaze. He was silently patting himself on his shoulder for a job well done, when her melodic voice reached him. “Logan? Do you think it is possible to spend the night?”

He smiled that rare genuine smile she loved. “Sure, darlin’. It’s yer home.”

“I was hoping that you will spend the night with me, my love,” she replied coyly, avoiding his eyes.

Logan walked over to her and tilted her chin up so she was looking at him. His mouth quirked into a beguiling grin and his captivating eyes glowed with the love he had for her. The gravity of her words hung in the air between them, both knowing that there will be no going back to their previous relationship. “If yer sure that’s what ya want, ‘Ro.”

The glimmering of love in his eyes was her undoing. “I have never been sure of anything as I am about this, Logan,” she answered in a surrendering voice.

“Good.” Ducking his head, he kissed her quickly. “What is it?” he asked when he felt her laughter.

“I still cannot believe that you did this for me.”

“I had help from Chuck,” he said. “Which reminds me, we have ta see him. He has the deed and other stuff ta give ta ya.”

“I will be forever grateful to both of you. I have to find a way to thank him.” Her voice lowered seductively. “I already know how I will be thanking you.”

“I’m full of anticipation, darlin’,” he growled.

“Let us head back to the mansion, dearest. We can take care of our business with Charles, and then pack some of our things. We also have to go to the market to get food.”

Logan grinned as he listened to her talk about what needed to be done. He was a man content as he was well on his way to experience Ororo’s huge capacity for love. Religious or not, he was grateful to whatever deity that was finally smiling down on him after living a life that has been filled with nothing but tragedy and heartbreak. He was finally filled with the confidence he needed to lay claim to a great future with the love of his life, his Wind Rider, his soul mate.

The weather manipulator too, was feeling as if she can conquer the world. She was finally filled with a renewed life, an exuberance that only came to life with knowing her love for the Wolverine was indeed reciprocated. Her deepest desires were now unlocked from that secret part of her being and were now on their way to fulfillment.
Walking over to wrap an arm around the Wolverine, she smiled. “Shall we go, my love?”

He inhaled deeply, taking in her scent. He nodded his consent, as she used her free arm to call the winds to lift them into the air.





You must login () to review.