Chapter 8

Ororo sat on a blanket on the bank of the creek behind her home, enjoying the warmth of the sun that came with the beginning of autumn. She was meditating as was taught to her and marveling at how her life became full circle in such a short time. It was her first anniversary today and she had so much to be appreciative for. She reflected over the past year and all the life altering changes it brought. She had tied the knot with the love of her life, became the owner of a home appropriate for a queen, as she was valued as, and most importantly and mind blowing, was the fact that she was perched on the cusp of motherhood. She gazed down at her six month-old pregnant belly, rubbing it softly. The euphoria she exuded was palpable. Thinking about her impending motherhood, brought on thoughts of her husband, who was currently away on a collaborative mission between the X-Men and S.H.I.E.L.D. She had selfishly hoped the mission would have been concluded already, so he can be home for their anniversary, but it was beginning to look like that was not in the cards. Thinking about Logan, she thought about how deeply she loved and valued him and the pride she took in being a wife, confidante and lover to the valiant, attentive, loyal, caring, gruff Canadian.

She cherished having this opportunity to experience everything she’d always desired in life because it did not come easy. As with obtaining and preserving anything worthwhile, she paid the price in the form of heartbreak, pain and hardships. Both she and her husband were the same in that aspect and knowing that they both fought hard and long to achieve their happiness was one of the many bonds that held them together. As was customary for her whenever she became this pensive, she offered a silent thank you to her Goddess.

She was so caught up in her musings that she didn’t hear Logan’s approach. “Hey darlin’.”

Upon hearing his gravelly voice, she was brought out of her reverie. She inwardly rejoiced. Her hope was not in vain! Ororo turned around from her lotus position to see her husband standing a few feet behind her. She smiled tenderly and patted the space next to her, beckoning him to sit beside her. He took her up on her offer and leaned over and planted a kiss on her soft lips. He then placed a rough callused hand on her protruding belly, where their pup nestled, growing. She covered his hand with both of hers and leaned over to rest her head on his shoulder. They didn't need words to communicate, as both were content to sit in silence, enjoying the sounds of nature and each other.

After a while, Ororo inquired, “I hope all went well with the mission?”

Logan grunted his answer.

“Who pissed you off?”

He chuckled. “I’ll tell ya lata, babe. Right now, I just wanna enjoy this wid ya.”

They lapsed into another round of silence. After what seemed like hours, but was merely minutes, the Wolverine jumped slightly when he felt a minuscule fluttering against his hand. Ororo hadn’t moved. What the hell? His gray eyes widened in surprised confusion as understanding dawned. “What the hell…?”

Ororo lifted her head from his shoulder, turned to him and laughed lightly. “Yes, my love. He is eager to meet his daddy.”

“He?” Logan eyed her carefully. “Somethin’ ya ain’t tellin’ me, ‘Ro?”

She caressed his hand where it still rested on her swollen tummy, saying, “Just a hunch.”

Logan leaned down to place his ear to his wife’s stomach. He was in awe every time he heard his pup’s heartbeat. From the moment they had found out that she was expecting, he marveled at the fact that he, the Wolverine, ex-assassin extraordinaire, a man who has lived many years and fought many a battles, played a part in creating something so wondrous and innocent.

Ororo ran her delicate fingers through his wild, surprisingly soft hair, as he listened to their child’s movements and heartbeat. Her thoughts were akin to her husband’s in that, although she was living through this life altering experience, she was still to a certain extent, disbelieving of the role she played in creating the life currently growing inside of her.

He arose to a sitting position and kissed her then, closing his mouth over hers and delighting in that taste that was never off of his mind. She opened her mouth to his, matching his passion. They both reveled in the taste of each other, after a long two weeks of separation.

When they pulled apart, he said, “I missed ya, darlin’.” He was looking at her chest and tracing the neckline of her dress with his fingers.

“I missed you too, dearest. We both did,” she whispered breathlessly.

Logan pulled away to nudge her to lay down on the blanket and followed suit. He leaned over her and pulled the shoulder straps of her dress down to reveal the top half of her body. The changes in her breasts intrigued him. He touched her, his caress gentle. “Sore?” he asked.

She ran her index finger down his slender nose. “Not much.”

“They gonna hurt if I…?”

In answer, she cupped the undersides of her breasts and raised them slightly. His lips made the faintest movements against her sensitive skin. His tongue then bathed her tender nipples with wetness. Making a yearning sound, she arched against him and he sought to assuage the throbbing ache in her center with stroking fingers.

He slid downward and laid his head where his baby nestled and kissed it reverently. Ororo entwined her fingers in his hair and drew him even closer. His mouth planted tiny kisses on her belly and nuzzled her.

He purred, his lips still moving over her belly.

“Hmm…Logan,” she moaned, stroking his hardness hidden behind the fly of his jeans.

He growled. “Behave, darlin’.”

“You know what being pregnant does to me.”

He grinned at her whispered admission. He did indeed know and he absolutely love it. His woman radiated blatant sexuality and sensuality with pregnancy. Both he and his beast were content. They kissed deeply again, his hand disappearing under the soft fabric of her dress and caressing her thigh.

Before things got more heated than they already were, Logan retreated from her a fraction to sit up. There was something important he needed to do. He reached into the inside pocket of his weather battered leather jacket and pulled out a rectangular gift-wrapped box.

“’Ro, darlin’?”

Lifting her head slowly, she sat up and took in his serious expression. His eyes were luminous as he handed her the box. “I ain’t forget.”

She smiled softly and raised her hand to his cheek. Then repeating his name, leaned over to kiss him. “I did not think you would.”

She slowly opened the gift to reveal a platinum diamond charm bracelet already adorned with a few charms. Among them, a uniquely crafted charm of his fist with the claws protruding, one of a lightning bolt, one of tiny baby footprints and a charm of the Japanese symbol for love (愛). “Oh, Logan. It is beautiful. Thank you, my love.”

He stood up swiftly and reached down to help her up. He tugged her close and murmured in her ear. “Happy anniversary, darlin’.”

Her face was warmed with love when she replied, “And to you, dear heart.”

He gazed down at her and smoothed back her hair. He drew her face up to his and kissed her sweetly. Then, wrapping her in his arms, he kissed her with passion. “I love ya, ‘Ro,” he breathed as they pulled apart.

“I love you too.”

His lips then foraged their way up her neck then hovered just above her quivering mouth. Lips and tongues dueled playfully before a fusion of their mouths left no room for concentration on anything except the commitment the kiss celebrated.





You must login () to review.