I just wanted to say thank you for the reviews. I love reading them. Without further ado. Here is the third chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bobby grabbed two beers from the fridge as he let Logan digest the new information that he just discovered.
‘Who is this girl? How the hell do people still have my DNA?’

“What the hell happened when I was gone? This time quit pussyfooting. Where the hell is Storm anyways” Bobby looked down as he placed the beer in front of him. “Where is she?” Logan was getting irritated. “Stop beating around the damn bush!”

“Gone” the two men looked at the sound of the voice seeing Kitty standing there with Rouge and Piotr standing beside her. “Since Bobby here doesn’t have the balls to actually say it, here it is. She’s dead.”

“Funny kid tell the truth.” Logan gave a half laugh as he tried to tell if Kitty was telling the truth.

“I’m not a kid anymore Logan and I’m not joking. Where do you think she is right now? Hmm?”

Logan stood up abruptly causing the stool to topple over as he swiped his beer off the counter causing the bottle to burst on impact ‘She can’t be gone. I told her I’d be back.’ Logan grabbed his head as he tried to piece in what he knew when he realized he didn’t know the rest of the story. “How did it happen?”

“It was all a plan to find you. The people that sent her intentionally beat her to the state she was in, in order for us to accept her.” Rouge said as she looked down trying to recall everything. “She told us all about who they are and what they were doing. Logan, they rebuilt a facility near Alkali Lake.”

“You went back ta that place! After the shit, we went through. What the hell were you thinking?”

“We thought we were helping them escape. Only it was a trap to lure you there.” Rouge said as she came to stand next to Logan. “We were just a pawn in their game.”

“What happened?” he asked

“Shit hit the fan that’s what happened.” Kitty said as she cleaned up the broken bottle.

~~~~~~~~~~

The guards surrounded the four of them guns ready as they ushered them down the long corridor. They each adorned flimsy cuffs that covered the expanse of their hands. It was no mistaking that the cuffs had some type of device that held their mutations at bay.

“To think you all would have lasted longer. You know with our history as it was.” The man in front of them said as he continued to talk. “No matter, unlike the last of our unlikely crew. You remember those bunch.” He said as he made a turn down another hallway.

“What are you doing down here?” Kitty asked as she was the first one to be pushed through the door.

“You really do believe that I would tell you. Unlike my late colleague, William Stryker, I don’t spurt off at the mouth when it seems I have won.” He said as he forced the rest of the group into the room. “You should get comfortable. You’re going to be here for a while.” He said as he shut the door with a sounding boom.

“Well, this could have gone better.” Bobby said as he looked around the enclosed room.

“No kidding if you would have listened to me in the first place you wouldn’t have compromised the whole thing.” Kitty immediately retaliated.

“Hush both of you!” Ororo said effectively silencing them “We are not to blame. We were all fooled. Now if you are finished acting like children and start acting like an X-Man.” Bobby and Kitty nodded in confirmation. “Colossus have you found anything?”

“No there is nothing in this room that appears to be resourceful.”

“There has to be something.” Storm began to feel around on the walls until she got to an area where it seems like the foundation was weak. “Colossus with your cuffs hit it just above my mark.” She said as she took what appeared to be a muddy substance from the floor and made a mark in between the weak foundation and the hard structure. “Alright have at it.” Pete began to hit on her mark as he could feel the cuffs weakening. As the structure began to fall apart so did the cuffs on his hands.

Colossus immediately went over to Iceman and with his strength slowly returning he broke the cuffs from his comrade as they both helped the girls out of theirs. As they each felt a certain surge run through them it would be a slow process but they each began to regain their mutation. Colossus made his way over to the weakened wall as he turned into his steal form once again and demolished the rest of the entrance.

“Alright we need to go through here.” Storm said as she looked in the slightly dark opening as she experienced a brief flashback. She shook her head as she tried to get the memory out of her mind. Kitty made her way over to the X-woman and place her gloved hand on her shoulder.
“It’s alright Storm. We will stick together nothing is going to happen to us.” Storm smiled as she nodded Kitty knew she was trying for them. It was just the one thing that Kitty new which could break this women.

~~~~~~~~~~

“She’s the one.” He said as he watched Storm entered the dark hallway. “If I can’t have Wolverine. I’ll have to make do with what I have now.” His smile grew as he turned away from the screen that used to hold the captives. “Now, X-23 go retrieve our new asset.”

“Yes, Colonel Thomas.” She obeyed as she exited the room.
Colonel Thomas turned back to the screen as he pressed a button and it switched to a camera that held the X-men in the tunnel. The group seemed calm enough but the woman seemed a bit agitated as she grasped the walls frantically. He gazed at the white haired beauty as he assessed the different methods to this woman.





You must login () to review.