“I see light were almost out.” Iceman said as he hurried towards where he saw the source of the light.

“Where does it lead?” Shadowcat asked in hopes that it doesn’t lead back into the facility.

“It’s outside.” He said in relief. He froze the bars and with one swift kick the bars crumbled instantly.

Each one emerged out of the exit as they surveyed their surroundings. Storm looked up the wall as she realized the posts above them appeared to be deserted. ‘This was too easy.’

“We need to find the Blackbird and get out of here.” Storm said as she manipulated the winds to her whim as she lifted herself into the air to see if she could see any sign of their transportation. As if by luck she could notice the tiny slivers of smoke. “I think I got something.” She said as she descended to the others level. “Half a mile due east. Hopefully it’s just Rouge.”

“Are you sure?” Iceman asked

“Do we have a choice?” She said as she began to ascend into the sky once more. “Cover our tracks while I throw them off our trail. If she is like Wolverine she will have heightened senses.” Storm said as she brought on a soft wind as they moved in the direction they hope to be their ticket out of here.

~~~~~~~~

Rouge was currently underneath the control panel looking at the multiple wires dangling above her head as she tried to recall Mr. Summer’s course on the operating system of the Blackbird. ‘Why didn’t I pay attention during his class?’

“Rouge! Are you here?” she immediately slid out from under the panel as if trying to make sure her ears weren’t deceiving her. “Marie!” They weren’t.

“In heah!” she said as she stood up from her previous position hoping that they were all here. To her relief, they all came into view. “Ah’m so glad ya’ll ok. The coms went down. What happened?”

“No time. They probably realized were gone. You and Kitty try to get her running again. Pete, Bobby and I will keep watch. Since she has Logan’s DNA it won’t take them long to find us.” They all nodded as the girls got to work. Storm shot into the sky as she gathered the wind to aid her as she brought on a heavy blizzard to help cover their tracks once more as she made sure to change the direction of their scents.

~~~~~~~~~~

Colonel Thomas moved in formation behind the line of soldiers as X-23 directed a path into finding the “escapees”. He was getting tired of this she should have found them by now.

“Sir” Thomas turned to his right-hand man, Jason “Brink” Jones “We won’t catch them in the direction we are going. We’d probably freeze to death looking for them.”

Colonel Thomas took in that information as he looked up beyond the tree line. It had been frigid and a slight breeze but nothing that could have brought on a blizzard out of nowhere.

“You’re right. Stop.” His patrol halted in their steps along with X-23. “Brink, call in a chopper. This isn’t a normal blizzard. We need to get in the sky. Now!”

~~~~~~~~

“I’ve got it.” Kitty said as she made the last bit of connections under the controls.

“Alright let’s try it.” Rogue said as she started the bird. The plane gave a slight rumble as if it were trying to start. “Come on baby.” She tried it again and once again the same rumbling start occurred. “Kitty are you sure the cross wiring was right.”

“Positive, try it again.” She said hopefully.

“Keep ya finga’s crossed.” She said as she gave the bird another start. She held down the button in hopes that the rumbling would past in which it did. The plane came a live with a slow hum as the occupants in the room gave a sigh of relief.

“Let’s get out of here.” Ororo said as she began to lift the plane into the air.

“This was too easy.” Kitty said as she stood behind Storm.

“Maybe we will get out of here unharmed.” Iceman said as the plane ascended through the trees to come face to face with three helicopters.

“You just had to say something didn’t you.” Kitty said as Storm and Rogue took evasive action.

“Bobby I need you outside!”

“Outside! But we were just starting to practice this.” He said doubting his own skills. As the plane made a sharp dive as it avoided the missile.

“You can do this. Just like we trained.” She said as she opened the hatch of the plane. “Now! Go Bobby!”

“This better work.” He said as he made a slide form at the edge of the hanger. As he ran along the slide he would have lost his wits if he turned around to see the ice dissipating from the lack of source. He propelled himself down the slide and then up with the momentum. “Oh shit.” Bobby said as he almost lost his balance on the narrow slide.

“Focus Bobby. It’s just like ice skating.” As Bobby cooled his nerves as he reminded himself of his favorite sport.

“Now. Iceman freeze the propellers.”

Bobby let go as Iceman was the only one present as he glided on the ice slide under his feet. He dodged an incoming missile as he maneuvered himself beside the plane as he began to freeze the propellers.

“Bobby move!” Kitty shouted through the coms as she witnessed the plane crash into his slide causing him to lose his focus as the ice crumbled beneath him.

“Kitten take control. Marie change to main pilot.” That was all the warning the girls got before they saw their mentor leap from her seat to dive head first after her falling pupil.

“I’d rather be a popsicle then crumbled ice here!” Bobby said as he watched as the ground kept getting closer and closer. Ororo swooped in just before he reached the edge of the tree line.

“How about a little tag team action.” She said as she watched the two choppers flank them.

“Gladly.” She smiled at him as her eyes turned to a milky white as a cold heavy rain appeared. Iceman instantly froze the falling liquid as it embedded itself in the exterior of the chopper. “Watch the left.” Storm turned her gaze onto the oncoming attack as a streak of lightning hit the tail end of the plane sending it spiraling down. “Badass.” The woman gave a slight chuckle as she maneuvered them towards their ticket out of here.

“Lang”ahah!” Ororo cried out as hot pain ran up her arm almost causing her to drop him.

“Storm!” he turned his head seeing another chopper as a man leaning out the side of the mechanical beast aiming. “Marie get the damn plane closer! Storms been shot!” he said as he tried to shift his weight to one side in an effort to mess up the man’s aim.

“Colossus be ready to catch.”

“Wait… What?!” He said as he raced to the edge of the hanger.

“You heard me.” She said as she twirled 360 three times before she released Bobby to his friend.

“Ok now Storm get in here.” Kitty said into the coms. “Get in here now!”

“Close the hatch!”

“No!”

“That is an order Kitten. Now do it!” The entrance slowly closed as Storm shifted the winds to aid her in the direction of the last enemy. She prepared to conjure up a huge blizzard like storm as she formed it in the center of close to an F5 tornado. She had no time to defend herself as a second shot hit her in her lower left abdomen. The storm ceased as she began to freefall with the last bit of energy she had left she redirected the coms to go straight to the bird’s main console. “Redirect. Xavier. Estate.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“No! Marie what are you doing! We have to go back!”
“I’m not doin’ it!” She said as she pressed the auto pilot off multiple times but to no avail as they disappeared into the dark away from their friend.

~~~~~~~~~~

“X-23 you are up.” The man said as they gave her a parachute. “Be gentle would you. Wouldn’t want to hurt her to bad.” He said as before she plunged towards the falling weather witch. The man smiled when his top creation came in contact with his new favorite subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Don't hate me. It had to be done.





You must login () to review.