5 Years Ago- Alkali Lake
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Storm opened her eyes only to close them to shield herself from the bright lights. She attempted to lift her hands to cover her eyes, but could only raise them an inch off the table as she noticed her hands were cuffed to the bed. 'Great' She jingled the shackles trying to see how secure they held up.

"Are you comfortable?" She looked up to see a Colonel Thomas come through the door. She gave no comment. "Please my dear, if we will be working together, you will have to do what I say. So, Are you comfortable?"

"If comfortable to you is being chained to a table then I'm great." He smiled at her answer as he moved closer towards the table. "What purpose do I serve to you? Why keep me here?"

"Well, I never intended to have you here with me. If that makes you feel better, but I needed your friend. The one called Wolverine I believe that is his name. Do you know where I could find him?"

"I have no idea who you're talking about. We have no one in our school by that name."

"Oh, you don't. You aren't lying to me are you." She shook her head as he paced the front of her table. "You see I thought you were smarter than you looked. I guess you didn't even realize who has been around that school of delinquent children." He said as he addressed her to look at the corner of the room to see X-23 keeping watch over the situation. "You can't expect me to believe that you have no idea of what I'm talking about when I have first-hand knowledge that he has definitely been to that school." He smiled to her as he directed her attention to X-23 in the corner "She told me he was there in that place. She told me that he didn't just sleep there did he?" The small grin that had been perched on his face instantly disappeared. "Where is he?"

Storm looked directly in his face "I don't know." He nodded his head in confirmation as if ok with her answer only to abruptly backhand her across the face.

"I'm going to ask you again. Where is The Wolverine?" Storm's head lolled to the side as she tried to rein in her anger. "Hey!" He grabbed her face making her be at eye level. "You will look at me when I am talking to you."

"I don't know." She said, looking right in his face. He trailed his hand away from her face as they both kept their unwavering glares on each other. Thomas moved his hand further down her body as he reached her stomach.

"Tell me where he is." Storm did not respond. "Ok." He said as he gripped her stomach as he ran his hand until he found what he was looking for "Are you going to talk?"

"No." A deathly cry came from her mouth as his hand violently pressed against her covered bullet wound. He abruptly stopped as if he was surprised by his actions.

"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you what did you say."

"Go to hell."

"Wrong answer." He said as he continued to press on her wound.

"AHHH. SON OF A BITCH" she cried out as he stopped his assault.

"What do you think you are doing?!" Thomas turned from his investigation as he saw one of the head doctors and Brinks file into the room. "I can't do anything with an injured or dead subject."

"Look Doc there are many ways to obtain subjects they are everywhere in this world ready to be exterminated from this earth. For instance, the children at that home." He said as Storm's head shot up.

"You... will stay... stay away from them." She got out as she tried to regain her strength.

"I am a man of my word only if you give me Wolverine."

"I can't give someone up if I don't know where they are in the first place. I swear." She said as the pain ebbed away as the doctor reapplied fresh bandages to her wound.

The man looked at her up and down trying to decide if she was telling the truth or not. He then averted his eyes towards X-23 as she gave a slight nod to confirm that she was telling the truth.

"It seems you are being truthful with me that's a good thing. Being honest will get you a long way here." He said as he took the chart from the table. "You might be of some use to me. You have been all over the world haven't you Ororo?" She didn't flinch as he read her information. "Harlem, Egypt, Cairo, and then you came back to New York why leave? You must have liked it enough to come back." He said as he waited for her to talk. "I just want to be your friend her Ororo. You can talk to me." She looked at the man with hooded eyes. "She is a tough one isn't she Brinks."

"That she is sir." He said as he watched her look around the room trying to observe her surroundings.

"It's only a matter of time." Thomas said as he closed her file. "Since you won't give up Wolverine. I'll just use second best." He said as he gazed at her. "We are going to be great partners. You'll see. For now, you will rest and gain your strength because we have a whole lot of work to do for you to become one of us. I'll see you tomorrow." He said as he exited the room.

"The preparations are ready sir. The charges are set and we are ready to leave in the next thirty minutes." One of his laky confirmed for him.

"Thank you." He dismissed him as Brinks walked with him to his office. "Everything is back on schedule now. Although we don't have the Wolverine, she will be a valuable asset to the group. I feel we will make great progress with her." He said to Brinks as he turned to open his door. "I want both you and X-23 on her. You do not want to underestimate that woman's capability."

"Yes, sir." He said as he turned away to complete his task.

"The world will thank us for this. Just wait and see."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed. ;) :D





You must login () to review.