Day 3 Trial 2- Monday

The water was cold, the floor was cold, and the only sliver of light that shown in was from the barred window in the corner. The light glared into her face as if taunting her. Ororo looked up into their faces as they held up a picture of Katherine Pryde asking if she recognized her face. She continued to ignore them, and they continued to throw chilling water on her body. 'Keep fighting. Don't give up. Find a way.' She chanted in her mind as they again threw cold water on her.

```````````

Day 5 Trial 4- Wednesday

She was drowning however she wasn't in a pool. She gasped for breath as they removed the wet towel that was draped over her face and forcefully lifted her head to stare at a picture of Bobby Drake. She gave the same answer. They placed the towel back over her head and began to pour the water over her head. The only thing that mattered was her mantra 'Keep fighting. Don't give up. Find a way.'

````````````

Day 7 Trial 6- Friday

The Colonel watched from the two-way window as Storm was beaten by Brinks and Davis as they continued to ask her questions.

"At the rate, we are going, sir. It will take years to break her." The doctor said as he tried to calculate the long-term rate of recruiting the woman.

"I don't want to break her. I want to add her to the team doctor."

"Yes, but you will not seek that outcome with this course of action. If you want her to submit you must attack mentally. If our suspicion is right and Wolverine was there you must take into fact that he would have trained the X-men to withstand physical manipulation."

"I'm listening."

"Come next Monday let me try something. I promise it will be effective."

`````````````

Ororo regained consciousness as she tried to sit up only to grimace at the pain in her body. She took shallow breaths as she tried to feel around the tender areas of her torso in hopes of not finding a broken rib. She grimaced as she stopped her examination choosing to recline against the wall 'Just bruised.' The cameras swiveled around only being active when she moves or in range.

Ororo eases the thin sheet from the cot as she attempted to cover herself causing the camera to swivel back on to her movement. As part of her body was shielded she eased her body to move and reach for the sharp rock that lay underneath her pillow. It's not big enough to be noticeable or raise concern but big enough that she can grasp enough of the object to leave an indent on the wall.

She runs her hand over the small tally on the wall. Having marked the wall to remind her of how long she has been here and to help her remember whenever the drug takes effect. 'I have to keep fighting. No matter what.' She starts to carve into the wall again as she carves the mantra she has been chanting ever since the tests they conducted. 'Keep fighting. Don't give up. Find a way.'

```````````

Day 10 Trial 9- Monday

"Rise and shine cupcake," Davis said as he and Brinks came to gather her up. "You've got an appointment today." He said as he opened the cage just as Ororo rose to a sitting position on the cot. "Time to go." He said as he cuffed her hands and legs as Brinks watched over her to make sure she doesn't try anything funny.

They made their way passed the examination room and interrogation room. Ororo looked at the men trying to gauge their reactions to see what kind of hell they were going to put her through today. Yet she read nothing on their faces. X-23 opened the doors revealing the empty hanger and the people occupying the skybox overhead along with the Colonel and the doctor standing side by side. Her thoughts were interrupted as the doctor's voice came over the speaker.

"Enough wasting time. Bring it in." Ororo looked across the hanger as she saw the forklift bringing in a huge crate. Ororo's heart sank as she realized what they were about to do. "Open the crate. Now put her inside." Ororo began to struggle in their hands as Brinks and Davis dragged her towards the crate.

"You are not putting me in there." She said as they forcefully dragged her towards the single crate.

"It's like you have a say in this." Davis says as he throws here in the box trying to latch it however she kicks at the top swinging the hinge back open. She starts to make a break for it as if she could get away from them however a blinding pain erupts through her head as X-23 punches her sending her careening back into the crate allowing them to latch it shut.

`````````

Ororo opened her eyes as she encountered the black void that was now her prison once again. 'No no no no no!' She felt along the walls trying to find a weak spot any way that she could escape out of this hell. She banged on the wood as if she had the strength to break it down with her bare hands.

"LET ME OUT! PLEASE! LET ME OUT!" She screamed as she took short breaths.

The walls were closing in on her as she tried to push them back. "Please!" She continued to bang on the wood. She slid to the floor as she began to hyperventilate as the walls continued to engulf her. "Let me out!"

``````````

Colonel Thomas watched as the latch was locked with their occupant inside. The microphone in the crate picked up every word she verbalized as he was slightly impressed.

"Good work doctor. This must be the most response we have gotten from her since last week. I am impressed." He said with a small smile.

"Thank you, sir. Once we break her mind then it will continue over to physical and then we will be able to break her spirit. Leaving her vulnerable and to your use."

"Your reputation precedes you." They sat back in their chairs as the time ticked by two hours before they released the woman from her prison.





You must login () to review.