Chapter 2

She was going to give that blasted Canadian mountain man a piece of her mind…and maybe a lightning bolt or two. How dare he leave her at this time? As soon as the thought sprouted in her mind, it was quashed when she remembered the simultaneous appearances of T’Challa and Forge and Logan’s utter dislike for both men. She couldn’t fault him for leaving because knowing the Wolverine as well as she did, she knew that he had seriously restrained himself from committing a couple of felonies by leaving.

Logan thoroughly detested Forge and T’Challa and she knew that their feelings toward the feral man were more than mutual. Both men had a very low opinion of Logan, more times than often referring to him as a worthless animal. Logan, on the other hand, had always looked for any excuse to disfigure them both. In Logan’s opinion, them hurting her the way that they did was more than reason enough to seriously harm them. So maybe it was a good thing that he had left because Forge was a few more appendages away from being fully bionic. And most importantly, the last thing the X-Men needed was for Logan to set off an international incident by injuring or quite possibly killing the head of another country.

Ororo had no idea of what could have possessed both Forge and T’Challa to show up to the mansion at the same time as they did. At first, she thought it was a joke…a cruel twisted joke. But once they had revealed the reasons for their respective visits, it had turned into something akin to a bad movie. Everyone present was stunned when both men showed up, vying to win back the hand of their beloved weather manipulator. Knowing that it was vital to her peaceful existence and the life she truly wanted, to tell both men in no uncertain terms that there will be no going back to the past for her, she had decided to hear both men out.

First up was Forge, the mechanical mutant genius who in her early twenties, had courted her in a whirlwind romance and subsequently asked her to be his wife, only to inform her days later that them being together was a mistake and he no longer wished to marry her. He had left her broken hearted and thoroughly disbelieving in love, but she had conquered those feelings of unworthiness and came to realize that Forge and her entire relationship with him was nothing but a fairy tale.

Forge began his futile quest to win her back by apologizing for hurting her, while trying to sound and act contrite. She saw right through his façade, a façade she knew that was always a part of him, but now shamefully admitted she ignored. He pled his case about his supposed maturity over the years, about him not being the same man he was when they were together, about him finally having his great big epiphany about her being the one he needed more than anyone or anything else in the world. She had unceremoniously cut him off, refusing to entertain him and his foolishness. She had no desire to relive the past with Forge, so with no effort at all and in as few words as possible and no uncertain terms, she had sent the Tinkerer packing, clearly enlightening him to the fact that she no longer had any use for him and wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. That ship had sailed, sunk and was never returning.

Her former husband was up next in all his smug, haughty glory. T’Challa, the Black Panther, King of Wakanda, her childhood friend, who had wined and dined her with an intensity she had never seen the likes of nor experienced. He had called out to her vain side, a side that she had thoughtfully and intensely kept well hidden. Shamefully, she allowed the King to woo the vanity of the Goddess and she ate it up and milked it for all it was worth. His proposal to her was like a dream come true. After Forge, she had never thought that she would again get a man to love her so much as to want to elevate her to the status of wife. The thought of being a Queen held such a pull to her that she never hesitated in telling him yes, she would love to be his life’s partner and rule by his side.

She wished she knew then what she knew now. Two months into the marriage, his true nature manifested, revealing the real man to her. Another six months of wedded misery and he had used his authority as King to annulled their marriage, basically telling her that they never existed. She had left Wakanda, a shell of her former self, mortified and downright disgusted with herself for not trusting her instincts for a second time.

T’Challa came armed with every reason in the book why he wasn’t responsible for dissolving their union. Never once did he apologize for what he did or took responsibility, instead choosing to hide behind his spiels about how the dictates of his position as King forced his hand and was the root cause of how badly he treated her. He rambled on about how he was ready to give marriage another shot and to make her his Queen for life. It took a lot out of her not to blast him with lightning at that point. She was incredibly disgusted at his insinuations that she would finally become somebody if she consented to rule by his side and that he had the power to make her greater than who she currently was.

She took her time dissecting T’Challa, informing him that she had no desire to be a figurehead of a warring nation. She was content being the mistress of the elements, the daughter of Mother Nature. She didn’t mince words when she made it known to him that she did not love him and was only in love with a fantasy. She took great pleasure in raking him over the coals and sending him back to Wakanda with his tail tuck between his legs. Thanks, but no thanks.

After all this time and the mistakes she had made, her mind was finally at peace about whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. No longer were there any fears about her not being the woman he desired. Gone were the excuses she told herself about why he couldn’t and probably wouldn’t love her. Her mind, heart, body and soul were clear. She loved the Wolverine. She desired him, needed him and wanted him. She was finally able to see clearly, the real man that resided underneath the rage and pain. She was able to finally see the warrior, the honor and the ferocity, that made him the man he was.

She knew that her life had irrevocably changed forever and there was nothing she could have done to stop her letting go and succumbing to the depth of love she had always held for him. His promises to her he had kept, especially after her return from Wakanda, broken, devastated and full of self-doubt. He was the one to take control of the situation she found herself in and with patience, love and understanding, had brought her to the woman she now was. Thanks to Logan, she was more secure in who she was, confident in her femininity and more assertive in obtaining the things that she wanted and knew she deserved.

With Logan, what you saw was what you got. No gimmicks, no cover-ups, no false promises and dreams. He gave her his all and put his heart and soul on the line every time she had needed him. With the personal trials and tribulations out of their way, it was time for her to claim what fate had intended for them so long ago. It was time for her to stop denying the inevitable. It was time for her to claim her mate.

Once she was done with the unsavory task of getting rid of her presumptuous arrogant exes, a plan had formulated in her mind. She was never clearer on what and who she wanted. She was having none of Forge and T’Challa. Those chapters in her life were now closed and it was time for her to begin writing a new chapter…with Logan. She wanted and needed Logan and the Wolverine. Tonight, she was going to surrender to the animal. She was never a submissive woman, but tonight she was going to submit to the power of the Wolverine and become his. She was on a mission this night and nothing, absolutely nothing and no one was going to detour her from it.

This was their moment…the moment she had yearned for so long and somehow knew that he did as well. This was the night she was going to reveal to Logan that it’s him and it’s been him from the beginning. That he was the only one for her, that he was the one she craved a future with.





You must login () to review.