Chapter 4

Once the Wolverine retreated back to his lair, Logan rolled off of her and expelled a deep shuddering breath. “Christ, darlin’. Ya gave this ole healin’ factor a real workout.”

Ororo turned towards him and lazily threw an arm over his chest, smirking. “That was my aim.”

“I didn’t hurt ya, did I?” He asked, turning to face her, his beautiful gray eyes laced with concern…and something else infinite for her. She had a feeling she knew what that something else was.

She reached over and gently kissed his lips. “I am positive that I will be sore by tomorrow, but you did not hurt me. As a matter of fact, you…” She paused, leaning back to gauge his reaction.

“I what?” He asked, urging her to continue with her thought.

“You set me free,” she whispered, squeezing her eyes shut, not wanting to see his expressions at the confession she was about to unleash. “You loved me the way that I have wanted to be loved for a very long time now. I have envisioned you taking me this way for as long as I can remember.”

Logan howled for joy on the inside, but outside, the smile that lit up his face was so tender and so loving. “Open yer eyes fer me, baby,” he cajoled.

Slowly, she opened her eyes, only to begin crying at the intense, loving look he was giving her. “No. No more cryin’ darlin’.” He gathered her into his arms, shushing her. “Ya’ve done enough cryin’. No more.”

He allowed her a few more minutes of her emotional tumult, before breaking the silence, “I’ve got some things ta say ta ya, ‘Ro. Long overdue things.” His voice rasped close to her ear, his warm breath rousing the hair at her neck.

“Like what?” She hiccupped.

He gently pushed her away from him, so he could see her face when he finally revealed how he felt about her. “Like how much I love ya and how long I’ve waited ta make ya mine.”

She closed her eyes and took pleasure in feeling and hearing his heart hammering in his chest. The words she was so desperate to hear from this man were like a soothing balm to her soul. She fell silent for a few seconds before opening her eyes. Her eyes were a brilliant shade of blue peering into his. She said on a whisper, knowing that he could hear her. “Logan, I have waited so long to hear you say that. You are not just telling me what I desperately want to hear?”

“Darlin’, ya know me better than anybody…even better than I know myself,” he replied, his fingers reaching down to caress the soft skin of her cheek. “So ya know, I don’t say anything I don’t mean.”

Joy danced in her eyes and she tentatively reached a well-manicured slender hand out and delicately caressed his mutton-chopped cheek. He leaned into her caress, cherishing it for all he was worth.

“’Ro,” he muttered, allowing himself to feel her love in that simple, yet powerful touch.

“I love you too. I have loved you for so long, Logan. I think that that was one of the primary reasons why I had no desire to leave the X-Men. It was also one of the reasons why, in retrospect, I am happy my marriage to T’Challa did not work out.”

Logan growled upon hearing his rival’s name. “I’ve wasted so much time. Let my fears chase ya inta the arms of that fuckin’ douchebag.”

“If you ask me, I think T’Challa did us a favor.”

“Took too long if ya ask me,” Logan rumbled. “It should’ve been me and ya together from the jump, ‘Ro. But I had my head too far up my ass ta do anything.”

She sighed. “So did I my love. I allowed myself to be blinded by things unbecoming of me.”

He stared at her hungrily, ready to devour her again. He licked his lips in anticipation.

Ororo’s entire body tingled with renewed desire by the look he was giving her. She smiled in anticipation. “I think that we both had a lot of growth and maturity to go through. We needed to go through what we did to bring us to this point where we are the best of friends, comfortable with and devoted to each other and accepting of our baser selves.” She leaned over and kissed him tenderly, “And now we are mates.” She reached up and gently fondled the marking, then placed her fingers against his lips.

His cock twitched and a ravenous rumble made its way up through his chest. “So ya know what my bite means.”

She moved quickly, straddling him. His dick swelled to attention. “Oh, I do know what it means. I am of nature Logan, so I know that you and I are now joined together as one on a primal level.”

“You mad?”

Her smile was radiant and she had never looked more beautiful to him than at that moment. “No.” There was no denying that. “I love you. I wanted your beast to dominate me, claim me as yours.”

Logan growled, loving the sound of that. “Ya do know that if those two fools ever set foot here again, I have every right ta cause bodily harm ta them.”

“There will be no cause for violence if that ever happens,” she voiced confidently. “I do believe that we would not be seeing either of those two for a very long time.”

“Good, ‘cause it took a lot outta me not ta show them that I run this territory.”

Ororo giggled girlishly. “Oh, yes. You are King supreme of this territory.”

He reached up and lightly ran his fingers over the still swollen, tender flesh of the bite he had given her. “Say it, ‘Ro.”

She had no doubts as to what he was demanding of her. With a lightness of heart, mind, body and spirit, she gave him the words. “I am yours.”





You must login () to review.