“Wait you two were gone all night, and you never made it to the restaurant?” Jean asked as she rested on her belly atop my bed watching me as I rummage through my closet for something to wear on my lunch date with Logan, who had invited me to a picnic lunch, much to my surprise, I would have never guessed Logan was a picnic in the park type of man, but I have come to realize in recent weeks that Logan is full of surprises and that there is so much that none of us really knows about him. I have also come to realize that I want to know everything that there is to know about him, everything that he is willing to share.

“Well, Logan got to eat.” I mumbled with a giggle as images of the previous night flashed in my head.

“What?”

“Nothing, and to answer your question, Miss Nosy, we had a lovely evening out and it was so wonderful we lost track of time and missed our dinner reservation. Logan had rented the limo for the entire night so we just drove around.”

“Doesn’t sound very romantic,” Jean said as rolled onto her back and sat up from the bed. Here it comes that Miss know it all, holier than thou attitude and I have seen Jean perfect over the years. I blame the Professor for that, he has always held Jean in a higher regard than the rest of us. Jean was always his favorite…‘pet’ would be the most truthful way to describe it, although maybe not the kindest, and Jean definitely let that give her a superiority complex “Scott always books a reservation at the finest restaurants in town and gets me two dozens red roses and a box of my favorite candies.” Yes so very predictable, so very boring and so very Scott. “But this is Logan were talking about here. Mr. Crude and rude so I guess that is as romantic as you’re ever going to get from him.” She said around a giggle and I would swear she was gloating. I wanted to say, ‘Well at least I never have to fake it with Logan like you say you sometimes have to do with Scott…ha…ha’, but I swallowed back that retort before it slipped out.

“I suppose it was not flowers and candy, but I assure you it was quite romantic. Besides I am not a woman who expects those sorts of things from Logan, I am not that superficial.” I tossed out over my shoulder knowing Jean would take the words personally, which was the intent and judging but the red hue on her face that competed with the red of her hair, I knew I had accomplished the goal. “I am happy to just have Logan’s company.”

“Good, my wallet will appreciate that.” A gruff voice spoke from the slightly opened door of my loft. Both Jean and I turned in surprise at seeing Logan standing there. He tossed Jean a brief nod in greeting and then focused solely onto me, and my legs instantly felt like Jell-o and I have to brace myself up against the closet door to regain my bearings.

“Logan,” I greeted happily with a huge smile on my face, trying to calm my nerves. Ever since our first night together I have found it a difficult task to remain composed when Logan had his eyes on me. Probably because he always had a hungry…no it is more like a starved look in his eyes. “You are early I am not quite really yet.”

“Yeah I know I just came to tell ya there’s been a slight change in plans for our lunch date.” He announced and my heart sank just a bit.

“Well, I better go before I’m late for ‘my’ lunch date with Scott.” Jean said emphasizing the ‘my’ in another gloating tone, as she hurried from the room closing the door behind her.

“A change of plans…did you want to take a rain check? If so we can have lunch another time.” I nearly babbled out, trying to hide my disappointment.

“No darlin, nothing like that.” He replied and I breathed a silent sigh of relief. “I still want to take ya ta lunch it’s just that the carburetor in my jeep just blew out so you don’t mind if we take Scooter’s bike do ya?”

“Not at all, but are you sure you do not wish to take a rain check, so you can work on your jeep?”

“I do need ta work on it, but after our date. I promised my girl a picnic lunch and I am a man of my word.” His girl, oh Goddess did he just refer to me as ‘his’ girl? Just give me the strength not to swoon until after he has left my room.

“Well we could compromise. We can have our picnic here maybe out in one of the gardens or in the garage and afterwards I can help you while you work on your jeep.” Logan arched his brow to this as a slight smile tugged at his mouth. “Well I would not ‘actually’ be fixing anything but I could hand you any tools you may need.” I offered with a sweet smile.

“You sure bout that darlin, could get messy.”

“Logan I use to live on the streets, where baths were few and very far between. I assure you I am not afraid of getting dirty.

“Good to know, I’ll add that to the list.”

“The list?” I asked partly out of curiosity but mostly out of self consciousness.

“Yeah, it’s a list that I started right after I first got here and we got to know each other better. It started out as ‘The 10 things I like about Storm’.”

“Oh I see,” I say a bit taken aback but very flattered. “You say started out as…well what has it ‘ended’ up being?” I asked now intrigued.

“To date, ’The 386 things I love about Ororo’.” He said and I shot my eyes up to lock with his. My breath seemed to be locked in my throat and I would swear that Logan had halted his breath too as if waiting to hear some horrible news. We both stood there in silence for a long moment, Logan with his heart on his sleeve and me with my heart nearly beating right out of my chest.

“Maybe…sometime…we could compare.” I say nervously and I can see by the look Logan’s giving me and the way he has cocked his head to the side he does not fully get my meaning, does not sense my approval. “You can tell me all the things you love about me, and I shall tell you all the things I love about you.” I finished and instantly averted my eyes downward and bowed by head a bit as I now waited to hear his words of rejection.

“That’s number 83,” He said and again I lock curious eyes onto him and then flinch back a bit at finding him standing a few inches from me, his ‘starved’ gaze burning into me. “I love how whenever your shyness or coyness comes out you try to hide behind that beautiful hair of yours,” He continued as he reached out and stroked my hair. “Which is number 3 on the list by the way, I love your hair.” He whispered as he leaned in and captured my lips in a soft kiss. Yes I do believe Jean is a fool for thinking Logan cannot be romantic. After several long, heated moments Logan pulled back from the kiss leaving me breathless. “That’s number 217, I love the way you taste, and that’s all inclusive from head to toe.” He then dipped his mouth to my neck and gently nipped the tender flesh there with blunt teeth as he tugged away the white satin robe I wore. He pushed it down until he fully exposed my left shoulder which he brushed with kisses and then he pushed it down further and exposed my left breast, that he gave his full attention; licking and suckling. My hand instinctually grasped the back on his head, my fingers buried in his thick hair, kneading his scalp with an urgency that increased along with a need that I would not dare name aloud, but knew that only Logan could fill. My body hummed with anticipation, knowing that it was about to experience hours of pleasure of the likes it had never known before it first felt Logan’s touch. But the humming was soon replaced with screams of protest as Logan swiftly released me and readjusted my robe.

“Hey Storm,” Scott’s voice rang out as he rapped on the door as he opened it. Of course Logan would have heard him coming.

“What tha fuck is wrong with you?” Logan barked as he turned and took a stance that blocked Scott’s view and his rough tone, that sounded laced with genuine anger, startled me. “You don’t just walk up in here like that. You knock and then wait until she says come in. You wouldn’t like it if I pulled some shit like that with Jean, just bust up in your bedroom whiles she’s getting dressed.”

“Oh…uhm…I’m sorry I thought, well Jean said you two were up here and sent me…I normally would have…I sorry Storm.” Scott rambled and I could not help the giggle that fell from my lips as I softly grasped Logan’s arm and stepped around him, and his eyes appraised me, quickly scanning my frame I assumed to make sure everything was covered properly.

“It is all right Scott, I am decent. What did you need?”

“Oh yeah Jean sent me to ask if you two would like to join us for lunch? She mentions something about your plans falling through. Anyway, we’re heading out to Bruno’s Bistro and thought you guys would like to join us.”

“You mean like a double date ?” Logan asked as his face contorted into a look of horrified, disgust, which to me made him look downright adorable. “Not in this lifetime bub,” Logan spat out as he folded his abnormally muscular arms around his broad chest, while he flashed his canines, and I honestly had to bite down a moan as I watched his posturing. Was Logan marking his territory, did he deem me as his territory, and why did the thought of it make me wet? I could feel Logan’s eyes on me and I knew it was because he could smell my sudden arousal, but I did not dare look at him for if I had I would have been lost and I would have most likely became a bitch in heat and allowed him to take me right there on the floor, our current audience be damned.

“Thank you for the kind offer Scott, but Logan and I have already made special plans, but maybe some other time.” I said and Logan tossed in.

“Yeah, don’t hold yer breath, on second thought...”

“OK then,” Scott said with a chuckle as he turned to leave. “Again I’m real sorry for just barging in like that.” Scott directed to me but before I could tell him it was OK Logan interjected.

“Just don’t let that shit happen again.” Scott gave him a curt nod and then left back out closing the door behind him.

“That was not very nice Logan,” I said but with no sincerity behind it, for I had not really cared. Scott should have been chewed out if for no other reason than for interrupting what would have resulted in too many orgasms to count.

“What, do you honestly want to go on a date with Barbie and Ken?” Logan asked with a smirk and I had to giggle.

“Absolutely not, but I was referring to you biting Scott’s head off the way you did. Believe me he has never and would never barge in on me like that, if Jean had not assured him it was OK.”

“Maybe not, it’s still common courtesy for any man to knock and wait for a response before he just walks into a woman’s room.”

“You never do.” I tossed out as the revelation suddenly dawned on me.

“Only with you darlin, and I’m not just ‘any man’ now am I?” He asked as he reached out and snaked his arms around my waist while leered at me as if to dare me to deny it.

“No, you are definitely not just any man.” I replied as I sank against his chest, melting into his tight embrace. “You are…” I stopped abruptly and not because I was unsure of what to say, but because I was not sure if it should be said out loud, or if Logan would want to hear it. He must has sense my dilemma or maybe he read my mind.

“Say it,” He commanded. “Tell me that I’m yours, that I belong to you.” I searched his eyes to discover if he really wanted the truth. “Say it.” He said more softly and so lovingly that I could not help but to comply. So I rested my head against his chest and listened to the strong and quickened beat of his heart for a brief moment before I spoke again.

“I cannot tell you when it happened or what the catalyst was, but I can tell you that I do think of you as ‘mine’ and I think of myself as ‘yours’ and…”

“And?” He coaxed as he kissed my temple.

“And…I have started to have feelings for you.” I finally confessed in a whisper as I clamped my eyes tightly shut not wanting to see his reaction, when in truth I did not have to see it because I felt it. Felt his body relaxed as it exhaled a heavy sigh that I had not notice he had been holding in, felt his arms tighten around me. Then I felt him kiss my temple again and then her released me from his arm.

“You might want to put on something you won’t mind ruining,” He tossed out as he made for the door. I stared after him confused, baffled really. “Then meet me down in the garage in about 15 minutes.”

“OK,” I replied to his back just before it disappeared out the door. Dear Goddess what have I done? I just confessed I have feelings for Logan and he did not respond…Oh Hell, I do not even know what I had expected him to do or say. Had I expected him to fall to his knees and profess his undying love to me? No that would have seemed totally ridiculous coming from Logan, but I had expected…something. Especially when it had been he who started that particular conversation, demanded I tell him my feelings, which I never would have done had I known he would not reciprocate in some fashion. How could he let me open up to him like that and then just leave? It felt cruel. Had Jean been right after all?





You must login () to review.