I heard Jean’s giggles before I had completely entered the kitchen and I knew by her pitch and tone that she was with Logan and that they were alone. Over the time Logan had been with us and one the numerous occasions I had happened upon them ‘flirting’ I had come to realize that Jean would sometimes behaved like some teenaged girl with a crush; giggling and tucking her hair behind her ears. But only when she thought no one, namely Scott was around to catch her. No, the second she noticed Scott she’d become Miss Prim and Proper; standing upright with her nose slightly in the air trying to bring herself up to Scott’s domineering level. I took a deep breath and plastered on a plastic smile before I crossed the threshold into the kitchen.

“Good morning you two,” I greeted in what I hoped was a carefree tone as I pretended that the sight of Jean leaning over Logan, who sat eating at the kitchen counter didn’t bother me. Or the fact that although Jean straightened up a bit at seeing me Logan only let his eyes scan me briefly before he focused back onto his plate. His posture felt like some sort of dismissal as if to say, ‘I’ve had my fill of you…for now’. It only reminded me that I was still upset with him at awakening to find myself alone in bed. So today I had decided that Logan was top on my shit list, which simply meant I would avoid him.

“Good morning Ororo,” Jean greeted as she moved around the counter as I made my way to the coffee pot. “I was just apologizing to Logan and as I feel I should apologize to you for Scott’s behavior yesterday, he was just teasing you.” She finished as she now stood beside me at the counter.

“Well, I did not take offense to Scott’s joking, in fact I find it kind of refreshing when he’s not acting so ‘anal’,” I replied and was rewarded with a slight glare from Jean and a loud chuckle from Logan. “But then again I think his taunting was more for Logan’s benefit than mine.” I said as I grasped my cup and took a sip.

“Well,” Jean begun to speak again as she moved back to where Logan sat and placed a gentle hand onto Logan’s bicep. “I don’t think Logan minded too much.”

“One-eye knows what he can do for me.” Logan said with a mouth full of food, Jean giggled a bit and I had to fight hard to keep from rolling my eyes at her antics, as I fumed even more at the fact that Logan did not seemed to mind the fact that Jean was blatantly flirting and right in front of me. Then again why should he it is not as if I were someone special to him. I was delusional to think I might be, and foolish for telling him that he was special to me. At that very moment Remy Etienne Lebeau walked into the kitchen like a god-sent. I knew he would make a beeline straight for me, as I knew he would flirt. Normally I would either ignore Gambit’s offers and innuendos or chastise him about them, but I found that this day I needed some stroking, to remind myself as well as Logan, that I was a desirable woman and not just when Logan was bedding me.

“Good morning all,” Gambit greeted even as his red eyes zoomed in onto me, I simply stared out the bay window across from where I stood and sipped at my coffee, and waited. “Stormy,” He said and I smirked around the rim of the cup still at my lips.

“Gambit,” I replied as I took another sip of coffee.

“Cher, you are looking so good, good enough to eat. You make Gambit’s mouth water.” Gambit declared as he moved right up beside me and leaned against the counter. I have found that I have ever only met two men in my life that exuded ‘sex’ without even trying, just in their stance and the way they could stare at you, those two men were Logan and Gambit. Both looked like they knew how to handle themselves in bed, but I could only vouch for one of them in that department.

“Gambit, I am merely wearing some old frayed cut off jean shorts.” I stated as I looked down at myself for effect. “And one of ‘your’ old tank tops that you must have left in my room once upon a time.” I threw out causally and got just the reaction I had hope for from both men. Logan turned his head slightly and threw a hard glare over his shoulder and I can feel his eyes roaming over my body, no doubt checking out my attire, while Gambit’s smile spread wider as he waggled his brows at me. “It is nothing fancy, just something to get dirty in.”

“Now Gambit don’t know which image he like better, you wearing Gambit’s shirt or you covered in dirt.” I inwardly giggled at the compliment even as I outwardly put on an act of rolling my eyes at him, which Jean joined in on as she fixed herself a cup of coffee and then moved to the table to sit down. I think it had always secretly irked Jean that Gambit never ever showed her any interest whatsoever. It must have been bruising to her ego since she always seemed to garner every man’s attention, every man except Gambit.

“If you will excuse me I have some ladies out in my greenhouse who need my attention.” I said as I took my cup of coffee and headed to the door intent on spending the day tending to my various exotic plants and flowers. I purposely avoided Logan’s heated gaze, which I could feel upon me, following me. I could tell from what I saw with my peripheral vision, his stiffened shoulders and the slight heaving of his chest, that he was pissed. Good, now he will know how I feel whenever I now see him and Jean flirting.

“You need a hand Cher,” Gambit tossed out. “You know Gambit is very good with the ladies.” He said around one of his most charming smiles and whenever I see it I think that if he and I were not so like kin I would probably have fallen under his spell long ago.

“No thank you brother, I fear you will be more a distraction that any help.” I replied as I exited the kitchen through a back door. I hadn’t traveled far in my path to my green house before I heard a small crash and then Remy’s voice again.

“Feet pue tan!” He cursed and I knew Logan had no doubt attacked Gambit is some way, but I was not too concerned I knew Gambit could handle himself just fine, even against the mighty Wolverine. So I continued on my way feeling only slightly guilty for provoking the incident.




He had not taken as long as I had expected. I knew we would have a confrontation but I had expected it later up in my bedroom or his, for his convenience. So I was a bit stunned when I heard Logan barrel into my greenhouse and slam the door so hard behind him the clear glass in the skylights that covered the roof, shook. I looked over my shoulder from the place where I kneeled on the dirt floor, and I had every intention of letting Logan know that I did not appreciate his intrusion. However, the wild look in his red eyes and the way he stalked towards me made the words die on my lips and caused my defenses to spike. I leaned back on my haunches intending to stand so I could face him head on but he was much faster than I. Before I could stand on my own Logan had reached me and yanked me up by my arms at neck breaking speed, and my head snapped back a bit from his forcefulness.

“Don’t you ever pull that shit wit me again ‘Ro.” Logan growled out his face mere inches from mine. I stared at him with what I am sure were wide fright filled eyes.

“I have done nothing…”

“Cut the shit, I know that that little scene in the kitchen wit Gumbo was for my benefit, ta set me off.”

“Oh do not be so conceited Logan.” I spat at him as I tried to retch my arms free of his grasp but he held me firmly. “Gambit has always been a flirt to which I have always been the target of.”

“Yeah but I aint never seen you flirt back before.”

“And…so what if I did. Why can I not bask in the attention of a man once in awhile? You do not seem to mind when it is Jean.”

“Oh fuck Jean!” He bellowed out as his face soured.

“Yes I am sure you would happily volunteer for the task.” I countered and in response the hands on my forearms tightened to the point of pain.

“I don’t want Jean.” Logan said as he leered at me and pulled me closer to him. “For weeks I aint spent time wit no one but you.”

“Spent time,” I threw the words back in his face and I could feel my lips tremble with the impending tears, but I would be damned if I would let him see me cry. “Goddess when, when you had me in your bedroom or in mine. When you took me on the Danger Room floor, in the back of the Limo, in the garage? The only time you seem to want to spend with me is when you have me on my back.” I cried out as a tear slipped down my face. Damn him.

“So ya think I’m just using you for sex?” He asked but I knew it was more a statement than a question. “If I wanted a fuck buddy I’d pick one up at a bar, or hell I’m sure I could get Jean to fill in.” Hearing that set me off and I could hear the thunder rolling overhead.

“Let go of me,” I commanded as I struggled but he would not relinquish me.

“But I want you.” He continued ignoring my words. “I only want you ‘Ro,” He said more softly and I stopped pulling away from him and stared at him. “I’m sorry if I make ya feel like yer only a warm body to me cause ya aint. I care for you…a lot. I just…shit ‘Ro you know I don’t express ‘feelings’ too well. That aint me, so don’t expect me to walk around here proclaiming my love to you, or holding hands in public. Just know,” He reached up at that point and brushed the knuckles of his right hand across my cheek, which was still damp with my tears. “Know that I care for you, that yer real special to me…OK?” Yes, Yes, Yes, finally!! I squealed inside my mind but only nodded my head in reality. Logan smiled a bit at me and I found that I could not stop myself from returning the smile as he ran his right hand down to my neck, while his left hand released my arm and trailed upward to settle at my neck as well. He then moved both hands to cup my breasts and I instantly closed my eyes and moans at the sensations, but quickly gasped as my body jerked due to Logan ripping the white tank top I wore right down the middle. My mouth fell open when I gaped down at my now exposed breasts, and a new anger filled me. I snapped my eyes up to give Logan a piece of my mind, and ask him how was I supposed to get into the house topless. When I looked to him I found him bare chest and holding out his black tank top to me. I closed my mouth and mumbled a ‘thank you’ as I pulled on the shirt, which was larger than Gambit’s, but still hugged my chest. “Mine looks better on ya,” Logan stated and then turned and moved back to the exit. “And I know I smell better than that swamp rat.” He added as he disappeared through the door, and he was right he truly did.




Feet pue tan - A Louisiana cajun cuss words that mean something to the effect of "You goddamn son of a b*tch"





You must login () to review.