Author's Chapter Notes:
Boy it has been such a long time, sorry about that. Well I hope this chapter is ok, it's really only filler to move things along a bit. Anyway read and let me know what you think.
“No, I am not,” Was all that I could think to say even though in my heart somehow I knew that Logan was telling the truth. All the things I had been feeling the past few weeks; the nausea, tenderness in my breasts, and tiredness, all made sense now. I could no longer pass it off as stress or being over worked.

“Darlin, I can smell it on you,” Logan stated and I frowned up a bit at the thought that I gave off a smell. “And I can hear its heart beating.” That acknowledgment nearly took my breath away and I actually clutched at my chest just to make sure that my own heart hadn’t stopped beating.

“You can hear a heartbeat…other than my own?” I asked and in reply Logan moved to me and gently placed one of his larger hairy hands over my taunt belly, and tapped two of his fingers in quick rhythmic secessions, and I knew his movements were in sync with the quickened heartbeat he heard just under my own heartbeat. A single tear slid from my eyes without coercion as I stared at Logan in awe.

“You really had no idea, didja?” He asked and I simply shook my head no.

“How…you have known for how long?” I inquired as I reached up a hand and wiped away my tears.

“’bout three weeks. Like I said I was just waiting for you ta tell me when you were ready,” Logan answered. “And I was getting damned impatient waiting too.”

“And…what do you think?” I asked as I bowed my head a bit. I averted my eyes downward but still watched his reaction out of the corner of my eyes.

“I think God made a mistake,” Logan replied with a chuckle and my heart instantly sank at his words. The news of a child being created between the two of us was something that was not expected or planned, but I found it to be joyous news, even though bit scary too. But what I feared most was the thought that Logan did not share my joy. “I mean he had ta be sleepin on the job the day we conceived this…miracle.” He added in a lowered voice as he gazed at his hand which still caressed my belly. I looked up into his face as a smile tugged at my mouth. “I don’t know much about my past but what I do know of the life I’ve lived so far, the shit I’ve done…I ain't worthy of such a blessin ‘Ro. But I ain't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth either. I just hope God never realizes the mistake he’s made givin me a kid.”

“So I assume you wish to be a father to this child.” I questioned, I don’t know why but I felt that I needed something more definitive from Logan. I needed to hear him actually say what he wanted.

“You say that like I gotta choice, this is ‘my’ kid. I’m the only father it’s got and the only one it’s ever gonna have.” Logan answered in a harsh tone as his brows bunched up in a scowl as he cast his hard gray eyes at me, and I could see that my question had not only angered him but also offended him and his sense of honor. “Wait…are you…you’re not thinking about getting rid of it are you?”

“Goddess no!” I exclaimed as I swatted his hand from my belly and placed my own hand there protectively. “Just because this child is…unexpected does not mean it is unwanted.”

“Good, then I won’t have to take you to some secluded place and chain you to a bed until the kid is born.” Logan said with a smile but his eyes told me that he had meant what he had said. “You’re having my baby.” He announced again as a smile slowly spread across his face.

“So you say I should probably have Jean run a test just to make sure.” I said even though we both knew it wasn’t necessary.

“Sure darlin we should go see Jean so she can give you some of those pre-natal vitamins and make up a list of the things you should be eating.” Logan said as he grasped my arms and steered me to the stairway that would take us to the lower level medlab.

“Things I should be eating?” I repeated his words curious about what he meant.

“Yeah, now I know yer one of those herbivores,” He commented.

“Vegetarian,” I corrected.

“But I’m a carnivore,” He continued as he completely ignored my correcting him and I smirked. “That’s my kid in there and I can guarantee ya it ain't gonna be satisfied with the twits and berries shit you like to eat.”

“I eat healthy Logan and I do not see any reason to change that now, if anything I should probably be even more cautious of what I put into my body now that I’m eating for two.” I defend and I can tell by the way he’s looking at me that Logan was about to argue his point, but his words were cut off by Scott.

“Logan,” Scott called out and both Logan and I turned in his direction. Scott stood in the foyer with his arms folded across his chest and his lips pursed. Even though I couldn’t eye his eyes behind his glasses I knew they were afire with smugness. Not that I was surprised Scott was always such a tattle-tale and seemed to get some sort of satisfaction from getting others into trouble with the Professor. “The Professor would like to see you in his office.” Scott said in a gloating manner.

“Yeah, well you can go back and tell yer ‘Master’ that I’m busy right now and I’ll see him if I get some free time.” Logan replied and there’s just something about his ‘I don’t give a fuck’ attitude that turns me on. The wink he tossed to me told me that he knew the affect he had on me too.

“I don’t think the Professor will appreciate being left waiting,” Scott replied and Logan graced him with a laugh so deep and rich and true that I found myself giggling right along with him. I felt the need to reach out and touch him in that moment, and so I placed my hand upon his biceps, making a silent claim that this man was mine even though there was really no one there to appreciate the gesture.

“Trust me one-eye, Chuck ain't sitting in his office right now holding his breath waiting for me to come to him, he knows better. That’s why he didn’t waste his time getting inside my head. He more than likely just wanted you to leave him alone so he sent you on a futile mission to get me. Like I said I’m busy right now so go on, get.” Logan said condescendingly and then we turned and continued on our way leaving Scott standing there fuming.

“I just do not understand why you are always so mean to Scott.” I spoke as we descended the stairs.

“Because he’s a dick,” Logan stated as if that actually explained everything.

“Only to you and only because you are always so mean to him,” I replied. “And frankly I have never understood why you blame Scott over Jean. Those two were together long before you came here, so you have no right to get mad at Scott for getting the girl first.” Logan only grunted in reply. “Uhmph…that is all you have to say, that is your defense?” I asked.

“I ain't got nothing to say because I ain't denying it nor am I defending it, when yer right, yer right darlin. But none of it really matters now because yer my mate and you’re carryin my kit. That trumps everything else. As fer Scott he’s still a dick, and a dick is only good for fucking with.” He said the last part with a crude smile and a wicked wink, he was actually please with his attempt at a joke and I could only shake my head and roll my eye as I smiled in return.





You must login () to review.