Author's Chapter Notes:
I know another chapter in the same week, let alone the same year. It's ok don't be afraid. I really want to try to end some of my RoLo fics. I know many of you are dying for closure, that is until I actually write the end :) Anyway I hope you enjoy this chappy, I have the end in my mind for this one and another one so stay tuned.
“You will need to take these once a day and here’s the list Logan requested, I only put down a list of foods you should avoid.” Jean stated as she handed the bottle of vitamins to me and the list to Logan who stood by the bed I was seated upon. I watched Jean closely and she seemed to be all business with the shoulders squared and lips in a straight line. I had expected at least congratulations but received none. I suspected the reason for my ‘sister’s’ coldness but I would not call her on it outright.

“Thanks Jean, see darlin red meat ain't on this list.” Logan said almost triumphantly has he smacked the paper he held.

“That does not mean that I will eat it,” I stated. “As I said before I shall be more careful about what I put into my body.”

“It’s a bit late for that don’t you think?” Jean spoke out and her words made both Logan and I to look at her. I think for me it was mostly her condescending tone that caught my interest. By the way Logan looking at her with accusatory eyes I’d say he had picked up on the tone as well.

“Ya got something ya tryin ta say Red?” Logan asked as he took a stance and folded his arms across his broad chest.

“I just think that you two were careless and reckless and,” She turned to give me her full attention. “Ororo this is not setting a very good example for the children.”

“Jean I think you know better than anyone that I take birth control, and have taken it since I was 15. This was not planned, and I can assure you that I am just as surprised by this as you, but I hardly think that this baby is going to set a bad example to the children.” I stated and the slight growl I hear from Logan made me snap my eyes on to his.

“Ya ain't got no reason ta explain yerself ‘Ro, shit happens,” He said and I rolled my eyes slightly at the eloquent way he just described the conception of our child. “Yer on the pill, ya got pregnant anyway that sounds like God’s will ta me.”

“Divine intervention, please,” Jean said dramatically rolling her eyes as she flipped her long red tresses over her shoulder and then folded her arms across her chest, mimicking Logan. “You know you could have used protection too Logan instead of leaving it as Ororo’s responsibility.” Jean spat out and I can actually see the anger in her eyes.

“Last I checked ‘Ro and I are adults, two consenting adults and what we do in our bedroom is our business. Tell me Red do you have Slim suit up every time you two hit the sheets?” Logan countered and I know I should have intervened but honestly he was saying what I was too polite to say, and I genuinely wanted to hear Jean’s response. Judging by the deep blush that spread from Jean’s ears down her neck and across her chest I’d wager the answer to Logan’s question was a ‘no’.

“We’re not talking about Scott and I, and I’m not the one who is pregnant.”

“Naw ya ain't, so is that why yer givin attitude, outta jealousy. What, you want a little rugrat running around and one-eye can’t give it to you?” Logan spoke with a sneer. “Or maybe Scott ain't the one ya want ta ‘knock you up’,” Logan continued and I could see Jean flinch at the words and I know her well enough to know that Logan was hitting a sensitive spot.

“Logan,” I called to him and touched his arm gently. I could feel some of the tension in his body roll off. “Please calm down.”

“That probably ain't gonna happen ‘til we leave, so are we done here?” He asked as he continued to glare at Jean who had the decency to avert her eyes and nod her head. “Good let’s go ‘Ro,” He said as he gently grasped my hand and helped me from the bed. “I guess we shouldn’t expect a congratulations or baby gift for you huh Red?” Again Jean flinched at his words and shot her sorrow filled eyes to me. She quickly moved to me and pulled me into a tight embrace.

“I’m sorry sister,” Jean said not bothering to whisper her words for she knew Logan would hear her regardless. “This is a blessing and I am truly happy for you, honestly.” And I knew that she was but I also knew that she was jealous too, but I wasn’t sure of the reason. Did she want to have a baby herself, or did she simply want Logan?




“You know Jean did raise a pretty good point,” I spoke as we made our way back up to the main level.

“There was no point ta none of that shit she said, that was jealousy plain and simple.” Logan replied.

“Yes I suppose it was, in part, but do you not think that you are partially to blame for that?” I stated and I got the reaction I had expected, Logan stopped dead in his tracks and focused on me, his eyes demanding an explanation. “Logan for years you have flirted with Jean and have done everything in your power, short of forcing yourself onto her, to try and get her into bed. I know that she would never actually go to bed with you, she is too devoted to Scott but I also know that she liked the attention you gave her. I think now she feels that there can be no more flirting between you two.”

“Says who?” Logan asked and I swear it felt as if he had slapped, no punched me in the face.

“Excuse me?” I had to hear this. Was he seriously telling me that he intended to continue flirting with Jean even after ‘everything’ that has happened?

“Who says I’ve been trying ta get Jean into bed? Yeah it would have been nice and I sure as hell would have jumped at the chance, but that wasn’t the goal. I loved her and I wanted her because I loved her.” He announced and I wished to God that he hadn’t.

“I see,” I forced down the lumped that had formed in my throat and the tears that itched to fall from my eyes. Here was a man who wasn’t known for expressing his feelings and yet here he was telling me so freely that he loved Jean. I already knew of course, but I had assumed that now that we were whatever it is that we were, that his feelings had changed.

“But that don’t matter now because I’ve chosen you.” He had said chosen but what I heard was ‘settled for’.

“Yes well you do not have to settle with me if you want to be with Jean, Logan,” I said plainly and tried to put on the bravest face as I looked at him, and I prayed that no tears would fall.

“I ain't settling ‘Ro, not anymore. Do you love me?” He asked with a softened tone. I quickly dropped my eyes to the floor not sure of how to reply. Do I tell the truth and risk having my heart broken by Logan’s rejection or do I lie and risk hurting him by my false rejection. “’Ro,” He cupped my chin and lifted my face until my eyes locked onto his. “It ain't a trick question, do…you…love…me?” I nodded my head. “Say it,” Logan demanded unsatisfied with a simple head nod.

“Yes I love you Logan, but…”

“I love you too,” He said and spoke the last thing I would have ever expected to come from his mouth in that moment and his words were enough to silence mine. “So ya see darlin, with Jean my love would have never been reciprocated. It might have been exploited to satisfy Jean’s needs but never reciprocated. But you give your love to me, even though up until this very moment you didn't think I would ever reciprocate it. So there ya go Ms. Ororo Munroe.” Logan said this as he brushed his thumb across my bottom lip. “I can’t tell ya when it happened exactly but know that I’ve fallin for ya. You can run away screaming now, not that it's gonna do ya any good ‘cause yer stuck with me now,” He smirked while he reached out and stroked my belly, and I smiled and then I enveloped him into my arms. I could not stop the smile on my lips or the silent prayer of thanks that fell from my mouth. Goddess I love Logan, the mighty Wolverine and he by his own admission loved me back. “Now that that’s settled,” Logan spoke out as I pulled back from the hug. “Let’s go feed my kit.”

“Your kit, what am I an incubator?” I jokingly asked as we continued to climb the stairs. Logan only tossed a wolfish smile over his shoulder at me and I playfully smacked his arm. “You know some of what Jean said does have me a bit concerned, what do we say to the children? Once I start showing question will arise, and then when it is revealed that you are the father, I don’t even want to think about all of the rumors that will be passed around then.”

“Don’t worry about it I’ll take care of it.” Logan stated matter-of-factly and I arched my brow intrigued by what he meant. I did not have time to think on it long because he had finally exited the stairwell to the main floor and was headed to the dining area.

When we arrive most of the student body and the faculty members had arrive and were already seated, with the Professor in his usual spot at the head of the table, Jean at manage to beat Logan and I up since she took the elevators. She was already seated in her spot beside Scott. I moved to make my way to my seat but was stilled when Logan’s hand grasped mine.

“Listen up!” He barked out and all the chatter around the table paused and all eyes turned to us. My breath stopped and I was sure that my eyes looked ready to pop out of my head. Surely Logan was not about to do what I thought he was about to do. “’Ro and I got an announcement ta make, we’re together now and we’re having a baby. And I better not hear any shit about it from anybody. Now if any of you crumb snatchers have questions about where babies come from, feel free ta ask anybody ‘except’ me about it.” Logan then paused and it seemed that everyone in the room was frozen momentarily before the room went into an uproar. The room filled with exclaims of ‘Oh My Gosh’, ‘That’s so sweet’, and ‘Congratulations’ as just about every student and teacher stepped up and gave me a hug and Logan a nod. Once things had settled down Logan and I took our seats, side by side at the table. “See told ya I’d take care of it.” Logan said and I could only smile and shake my head at him.





You must login () to review.