There was no sound as the library door was opened, however crouched in the shadows, lock pick in hand, Ororo Munroe froze in the act of opening the small desk beside the fireplace. Someone was in here with her.
With a gathering sense of dread, she rose slightly on her haunches, her vivid blue eyes peering over the very top of the ancient oak, across the darkened room.
The man who had entered so silently stood in the deep oil black shadows beside the door, his arms crossed over the broad expanse of his chest, and though she couldn’t see his face, she knew he was wearing one of his self assured smirks. Ororo bit her lip, debating on fully revealing herself or not.
“Ya know I can smell ya,” the figure in the door stated as if reading her mind.
Ororo gave up all pretense and stood, glaring icy blue daggers at him. “I’m close, aren’t I, Logan?”
“Yer not gonna find it, babe.” He shrugged one shoulder, stepping away from the door after clicking the brass lock. He strode towards her casually, his swagger both arrogant and smooth. A predator, a hunter born and bred. He grinned, his teeth a flash of white in the shadows, a devilish glint in his glittering eyes.
Ororo frowned. “I’m not giving up,” she said quietly, her breath leaving her as he approached. Her body immediately tingled with awareness. He always had that effect on her, probably always would.
“I didn’t think ya would.” he assured her. He moved closer still, forcing her to step back against the desk, the top pressing her upper thighs. He trapped her between his arms, nuzzling the hollow of her throat. “Mmmm. Ya smell good, darlin’.”
Ororo took a shaky breath. “No fair,” she hissed.
He licked the slight line of her collar bone revealed by the off shoulder neckline of her misty gray colored top. “I never said I played fair,” he acknowledged with a light nip.
A low moan trembled from her lips. She couldn’t think, could only feel as his hands roamed her back, slid along her front, cupped her breasts through the fuzzy gray material of her winter sweater, kneading gently. He trailed his lips along the graceful column of her neck, taking his time, moving with infinite patience and practiced skill. He knew every spot to touch, and just how to make her shiver. His mouth settled over hers and she didn’t miss the lustful glint in his eye. His tongue demanded entrance, stealing her breath and will at the same time. She clung to him, her arms circling his thick neck and he pressed her back onto the desk, his arm sweeping out and scattering the scant contents atop the oak to the carpeted floor.
Warm hands danced along her thighs and Ororo realized he had already found his way beneath her long black skirt. She tilted her head back and gave a soft cry as he stroked her through her white lace. “Logan…oh, Goddess, Logan…”
He smiled against her mouth. “Ya like that?” he growled.
Ororo lifted herself against him.
“Hm?” he grunted. “Say it.”
Yessss. I like that.”
“Good.” He pressed his thumb to her clit and rotated it in fast circles. Ororo shrieked. Logan chuckled. Damn, she was responsive. He loved that about her. He lost his next thought as her hands gripped the edges of his gray and blue flannel, yanking it open and pushing up his tee to bare his chest to her heated gaze. He groaned as she pressed her hands to his skin, her fingers curling in his thick mat of hair.
“So hairy. Just like animal,” she said in a thick Russian-esque accent. “Grr, baby.”
Logan laughed. “No more Austin Powers fer you,” he vowed.
Ororo grinned. “Do I make you horny, baby? Randy? Do I?”
Logan rubbed against her and her grin was replaced by a look of passion. Feeling his thick arousal through the denim of his pants she sighed. “I’ll take that as a yes.”
“No, darlin’. That’s a ‘hell yes’ .” He gripped the thin edges of her panties, lowering them down her smooth thighs. At the sight of her snowy curls he growled low and deep. “Fuck, baby. I can’t wait.” He jerked open his jeans, freeing his turgid erection and yanking her across the desk so that her buttocks rode the edge. He entered her in one swift thrust, making her gasp and himself groan. “Christ.” he rasped, feeling her inner muscles tighten and flex.
Ororo rolled her head back and forth as he began to pump a furious rhythm into her, his body demanding and giving, making her pant and grunt. It was wild, this taking, and Logan felt his climax building quickly. They moved together forcefully, her hips rising to meet his every thrust, the momentum building. He grunted into her ear, bending over her as his movements became quicker, harder, deeper…deeper…oh fuckfuckfuck….
Ororo barely suppressed her scream as he reached between them, smearing her own juices over her flesh and teasing her slick folds, tugging on her hidden pearl. Her legs locked against the small of his back and her fingernails scored his chest. “Looooogaaaannnn!!”
“Yeah, baby, that’s it….uhn…fuck!!” He pounded into her then his entire body went rigid, the tendons on his neck standing out in stark relief. “Jesus,” he gasped moments later.
Ororo smiled, her breathing to erratic for speech. She was leaning up to kiss him when the door knob rattled. After a moments jiggle a hard pounding began.
“Open up in dere, Stormy! Da ot’er team already won.” There was a long pause. “Stormy? Merde. If da Wolverine is in dere wit’ you… Cheater!”
Logan grinned, calling back. “All’s fair, Cajun.”
Ororo tried her best to look angry but couldn’t pull the look off, still flush from their lovemaking. “So, where was it?” she asked.
Logan adjusted his clothing, then hers, helping her from the desk. He bent to the drawer she had been about to open and unlocked it, revealing the red and green checked box that had been the last item for her team to collect in the scavenger hunt.
“Cheater.” she accused lightly.
Logan shrugged. “I take winnin’ very seriously.”
“I see that.”
He kissed her neck, lingering over her pulse.
“Mmmm….” Ororo’s eyes drifted shut and she unconsciously leaned into his touch. “We should get back to the others. Besides, Jubilee probably needs a break.”
Logan grunted. “She likes ta watch Chance.”
“I know, but I miss him.”
“Ya’ve been away from him all of forty minutes.”
Ororo nodded, her face earnest. “I know.”
Logan kissed her softly, his gray eyes holding hers.
Ororo smiled. “We’d better head back. Jubilee really is probably ready to launch.”
“That kid’s always ready ta launch.”
Ororo laughed. “I can’t wait to see her face.”
Logan took a deep breath. “Truth be told, ‘Ro. Neither can I.”



Family Room

Ororo retrieved Chance form Jubilee and made her way to Ali’s side, where her dark haired friend was rocking one of the two Lebeau twins. As she approached Ororo noted it was baby Abigail that Ali held, which meant baby Luke was with his father. “Hey.” Ali looked lovely, Ororo noticed, her black hair combed forward, the bangs and sides longer than the back. She wore a pair of loose fitting green trousers and a long sleeved white turtleneck. Her aqua eyes glowed with pride and contentment.
“Hey.”
Ali smiled warmly. She shifted on the couch, making room for Ororo and Chance. Ororo sat, cooing at the auburn haired, red eyed baby on Ali‘s lap. “Uh, Stormy?”
“Yeah?”
“How’re you feeling?” There was genuine concern in Ali’s voice.
“Fine. Why?”
“You look a bit flushed.”
Ororo coughed delicately. “Oh, uh…”
Ali grimaced with a good natured grin. “Never mind.”
Charles Xavier chimed a silver bell, quieting the room. “Merry Christmas, my X-Men.”
“Merry Christmas.” Those that remained through the holidays replied in unison. Most of Xavier’s students returned to their parents during the winter break, but there were those like Ororo and Logan that had no family to return to, so they celebrated at the mansion.
“I believe now would be a good time to exchange presents.”
Jubilee shot up from her seat beside the tree. “’Bout time!” She grabbed a small box and raced to Logan’s side. “It ain’t much, but…” she said, surprisingly shy.
Logan took the small box from Jubilee, and gave her short, dark hair a quick ruffle. He peeled the red paper and revealed a sleek black rectangle shaped container with the initials JLH scrawled in gold across the top.
“It’s for your cigars,” she explained when he remained quiet.
He gave her a long look, strong emotion catching him off guard. “Jubes.” He touched her cheek. “This is great, kiddo.”
She beamed proudly.
Gambit approached Ali, Luke cradled in his arm. He nodded to Ororo who stood, opening her free arm to take Lucien from Remy. Once free of the tiny bundle Gambit knelt in front of Ali, adjusting the collar of his deep green shirt. “Alison Blaire.” He reached for her hand. “Je t’aime. More den you can possibly know, ma petite bella. Marry me?” He produced a beautiful diamond ring from his pocket, holding it out to Ali who was staring at him, mouth agape, tears swimming in her ocean eyes.
“Remy…” She paused, catching her breath.
“Cherie?” he smiled his charismatic, devilish smile.
“Yes.”
Applause broke out all around them as Gambit slid the ring on Ali’s hand, leaning forward to kiss her slowly.
“Ya know about this, darlin’?” Logan asked, strolling up beside Ororo.
“Of course. Who do you think picked out the ring,” she laughed. She gave Ali a watery smile. Ali laughed, her eyes spilling as she and Gambit embraced again.
“Wow. Nothing’s gonna top that,” Jubilee smiled, giving a sharp whistle.
“Well, maybe not top it, but…” Ororo nudged Logan.
Jubilee watched him excitedly as he picked up a slim box and handed it to her. She grabbed it and shook. It was very, very light. She ran the slim box under her nose, inhaling.
“Just open it,” Logan growled.
“Shh, Wolvie. This is a delicate process.” Jubilee admonished. She untied the elaborate gold bow, smiling at Ororo. “I know you wrapped it. Ol’ man Slice’n Dice over here doesn’t have the patience.”
Logan grunted. That was true.
Jubilee pulled out a framed document, her brows furrowing slightly. “Uhh, guys…?” her voice shook. She raised wavering chocolate brown eyes to both Ororo and Logan.
“It’s legit, kid.”
Jubilee looked back at the frame in her hands, silent for long moments. Ororo cleared her throat, handing Chance to the Professor, surprised by how nervous she was. “Jubilee--” she began but was interrupted as the younger girl launched herself at them, pulling her and Logan into a fierce hug. Jubilee was sobbing uncontrollably.
“Kiddo?” Logan glanced at Ororo.
Jubilee lifted her tearstained face. “For real?”
“Fer real.” Logan assured her.
Jubilee was shaking. “A mom and dad.” She laughed. “That want me.”
“Very much,” Ororo confirmed.
Jubilee grinned, giving the adoption certificate in her hand another once over, her humor returning. “So, you were like ten when you had me?” she teased.
“Eight.” Ororo stated dryly, tears misting her own eyes.
“Pappy Logan and Mama ‘Ro.” Jubilee grinned. “This is the best f’ing Christmas ever!!”
Several more presents were exchanged, Kurt receiving earmuffs from Jubilee and the collected editions of every Star Wars movie from Ororo and Logan, and a letter from Kitty who was away with her mom celebrating Hanukkah. Colossus also received a letter, but from his mother and sister in Russia, and from Xavier a plane ticket and leave to visit for a week. Jubilee gave him a container of Shining Silver polish, to which he handed her a large stack of bubble gum. Jean and Scott had exchanged more kisses then gifts, but neither seemed to mind. Ororo and Logan had chipped in and bought the Professor a new state of the art wheelchair. For Gambit and Ali they gave them a duel stroller and carriers. For Chance they bought every toy and baby thing under the sun. For each other they exchanged wish cards. Redeemable for one wish at the time of their choosing.
They were in the middle of clean up when the front door chimed.
“Hey, Storm. Looks like you got an admirer.” Colossus strode through the still open double doors, carrying a dozen long stemmed, snow dusted red roses and a garment box, wrapped in velvet red ribbon.
Logan’s head snapped up.
Ororo shrugged at him, indicating she had no idea who the mysterious present was from. She took the lowers from Peter, searching for a card. None. Hm… She laid the box of the floor, tugging the ribbon free. What was inside made her gag.
Laying atop a catholic school girl’s uniform was a heart, rotted and covered in maggots. A black card read: Happy Holidays, my heart remains yours. SS.
In the commotion that followed no one seemed to notice the intense look exchanged between Alison and Jean.
*It can’t be.* Jean sent.
*It very well can be.* Ali responded mentally.
“I suggest a DNA analysis on the heart,” Jean said before Logan could toss the offended box and it’s contents into the fire.
He gave her a strange look and she lifted her chin.
Ororo shivered, her arms tightening around herself. She closed her eyes, but the image of the rotting heart was etched in her brain. She tried to shake it away, but it held firm.
Jubilee grabbed her stomach, her skin tinted an unhealthy green. “So much for wanting figgy pudding.”





You must login () to review.