Mulengi dori$$
“NNNNNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!”

His reflexes and speed were true as it had been all of his life and Gambit was thankful for that as he intercepted Havoc’s plasma blast that was aimed at the now white furred, seven-foot Wolverine. He felt for sure that he would become incinerated, but his sacrifice would by time to stop Havoc.

Moments later Gambit could hear the sounds of voices as he opened his eyes to find himself not only intact but also feeling as though he was energized. His eyes crackled with energy, his muscles feeling well rested. Seconds later Havoc came out of the trace he had been in. Everyone standing shocked as Marvel Girl rushed to make sure the cajun was alright, as the last of the Imperial Guard was dispatched by the Wiendigo-enhanced Wolverine.

“Are you alright Gambit?” Jean checked his vitals.

“Yeah Chere Remy he be fine, better even non.”

“What the hell happened?” Havoc felt as though he were waking from a bad dream. He could see what was going on but could not stop himself.

“It appears as though Gambit is immune to your plasma discharges Alex, a lot like Scott is.” Hank replied. “This bares farther evaluation.”

Meanwhile in space Ororo has taken a beating ever since Onslaught distracted her with his stunt of taking over Havoc’s mind. She felt as though all was lost when she feared her love, her life, her husband had been killed.

//Seven years ago on Earth///

“What do you mean you can’t sense Logan with Cerebro?” Ororo asks of Charles he sits in the world’s most powerful telepathic enhancement computer on the planet.

“There is only a few possibilities why I can not Ororo. He could be shielded somehow.” Charles replies.

“And the other?”

“He could be dead.”

With that small thought, Ororo held her stomach and collapsed next to Charles.
“He can’t be.”

“Ororo I’ll send the X-Men to the last place he was when I sensed him before. He is most probably alright. Have a little faith.”

An hour later Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Banshee, Angel, Storm and the newest member Forge take to the air headed to Canada. It had been two weeks since Logan left explaining to both Charles and Ororo that he received a phone call from Alpha Flight’s leader James Hudson about Michael Twoyoungman. The Shaman disappeared in the woods of Canada and James asked Logan for help.

“So whose Wolverine?” Forge asked the Irish Banshee.

“The lad is a teammate of ours. He left a day before you joined the team. He’s also Storm’s Lover.” Replies Banshee as he motions to the extremely quite Ororo. “So if I were ya Ld I wouldn’t be sniff’n around her like ya seem ta be doin. They are very much in love.”

“I never would have done anything like that Banshee.”

“Well that’s good to hear because Wolverine has a temper.” Replies Angel who sat next to Banshee. “His claws are lethal.”

////end flashback////

Ororo falls from the heavens as if she were cast out like the angels of long ago after the rebellion. She plummets toward the asteroid that was the Starjammer’s base and her home for six years. They say that as you die your life flashes before your eyes and that you relive everything in nanoseconds. This is not true for Ororo Monroe Howlett. She remembers her lover and husband; though not married by law but married by soul and choice. She has had two wonderful children Kendal and Chance, she knows that if she were to die here and now they would never have a mother to nurture and love them. She knows how that feels not to have a mother to hold you when you had a terrible dream or to fuss over you. Ororo the wielder of the Uni-Power cannot have that. She opens her eyes and they glow white with the coming STORM.

“ONSLAUGHT!”

The being that is Onslaught, formerly Xavier united with the Phoenix Force, hears her in his mind as he turns toward an oncoming object. The object is silver, blue, and moving at the speed of light.

(Fact: The closer an object moves at the speed of light the denser the object becomes)

Onslaught feels the impact three seconds after it happens as he plummets past the asteroid, being pushed by Captain Universe, toward a nearby-uninhabited planet the size of Pluto. The impact is seen through out the system, it is a wondrous sight as well as a fearful one. The planet explodes and the fighting stops.

“RRROOOOOOOO RRRROOOOAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!”

Wolverine falls to his knees and transforms back, nearby Kendal holds Chance as a tear rolls down her cheek. The Shi’ar stop as Deathbird is informed one of her children is dead. She falls to the floor of the alien space vessel, her hands clasp her face as she for the first time weeps. The cost was high as the fighting is finished. Many of the Imperial Guard including Gladiator are slain, Ch’od, Binary, Raza, and so many others.
Wolverine remembers when he knew Ororo was the only one for him…..

///Flashback///

The X-Men land the Blackbird in the Ontario Woods, proceeding to the last known coordinates of Logan before he disappeared. It is there that they find the bodies of three people torn asunder, near an old campfire. Within twenty feet they find an unconscious and badly hurt Michael Twoyoungman otherwise known as Shaman. His wounds are not like the others, they were shredded by what appears to be a large animal. Their remains make them to be two men and a woman their finger prints read Georges Baptiste, Marie Cartier, and Paul Cartier.

“According to records Paul Cartier was the Wiendigo. He, Wolverine and the Hulk about 18 months ago, before Wolverine joined the X-Men.” Cyclops replies as he looks at the scanner. “Last that was reported though he was still the Wiendigo.”

“Then perhaps whatever did that will disagree with you.” Jean replies.

“Hopefully whatever did this has not harmed Wolverine.” Storm replies.

“I don’t think your dear Logan is harmed Ororo.” Jean replies her tone almost a sneer.

“Drop it Jean.” Cyclops said as he looks around. “Banshee, Angel take to the air I want a resonance of the area fifteen minutes ago.”

“Aye bossman.” Banshee replies taking to the air as he screams.

“Scott get the bug out your ass.” Angel replies as he flies off following Banshee.

Moments later a roar echoes through the forest and Jean knows true fear.

“Scott we need to get out of here no…”

Jean is interrupted as a large white beast lunges cutting open Scott and flinging Marvel Girl twenty feet. Forge pulls out a plasma discharger but he is quickly taken out. As the beast walks toward Ororo she stands facing this monster. Her eyes are white and she radiates energy yet she makes no move. It is in the creature’s eyes, she sees it.

“Logan?” The beast settles and looks calmly at the Nubian goddess Storm. “It is you. Oh my Logan.”

It took several weeks for Logan to regain the ability to transform back to his more human form but when he entered a berserker rage he changed back into the Wiendigo. It was through Ororo’s love that he was able to gain control of himself. That was the day he knew she was his only.

///end flashback///

Elsewhere in the darkness….

“Awaken Ororo Monroe, the warrior called Storm wielder of the Uni-Power. Awaken.”

With this Ororo opens her eyes trying to focus upon the blurry figures she now sees.

“What happened?”

“You helped to free me from my prison Ororo Monroe.” Ororo’s vision clears as she sees two energy beings as well as the astral form of Charles Xavier. “I am sorry for everything.”

“Professor?” Ororo looks at the pure light that is Xavier.

“I was held prisoner in my own mind from the spirit of D’Ken. He used my abilities to gain the power of the Guardian of the M’Cron Crystal when it lay dormant within Kurt. The horrors I have done. I am sorry.”

“You are one of the most noble beings I have ever merged with Ororo Monroe, and with that nobility you unlocked my full potential.” The energy being called the Uni-Power speaks. “Unfortunately you are on the brink of death. I can not hold your life force very long. “

“But my Logan, my Children.” Ororo replies a tear rolls down her cheek.

“Perhaps there is away Ororo.” The voice of the Force speaks to her.

Wolverine holds his children in his arms trying to be strong for them yet his eyes are about to flow with there own.
“It’s okay Ken..Kendal Mommy has gone to a better place. I promise.”

A light then shines over them all as Logan and Family looks up along with the X-Men and the Starjammers. In the air hovers Ororo with a flame corona surrounding her, lightning crackles and the atmosphere is that of fresh rain.

“No my love I am still here. I am PHIENOX-STORM.”

In the real near the Lake at teh Xavier Institute...

The man that is called Jack Michaels turns from the lake back to the man who had watched this scene that was created.

"In another time and place that could have been my dear Chance. It is a place you came from did you not?" Jack asks. His eyes flashing with an insight few can ever truely have.

"Once perhaps but no more." answers the shadowed figure.

"So why are you here?" JAck asks once knowing the answer already. One did not have to be a telepath to know what was about to come.

"I've come here to ensure my mother and father fall inlove. I am also here to make sure that Uncle Gambit does not find out he is truely a Summers brother."

With this the man called chance takes to the air as an aura of silver surrounds him. "Even if it means that I kill him by cutting his string."

The End


$ $ Mulengi dori- "dead man's string" Magic ribbon tied or united to call on dead spirits to protect you





You must login () to review.