Mamioro

“AAGGGHHHHHH!!!!” Lylandra’s eyes are open, her stare is blank. She sits there in the med lab’s bed screaming as if she is continually trapped in some type of nightmare that she cannot awaken from. The former Shi’ar Queen has been reduced to a lunatic screaming, unable to return to the waking world.
"It will do no good Lylandra. Scream all you want, no one cares." The figure sits near her bed. The figure is nothing but a blur. He pulls out a needle several inches long and proceeds to impale Lylandra's right eye.


Meanwhile in the real world Charles stands vigil over his consort who has not awaken in three days.
“Her mind is in turmoil but I can’t reach her for some reason.” Charles replies to the Nubian woman with crystal eyes and snow-white hair. She came in to check upon Lylandra, Kurt, Raza, and Charles himself.
“Is there anything we can do for her Charles?” Ororo asks already knowing what her former mentor will say.
“Not really. What ever she saw it caused her to retreat into her mind, breaking our bond.” Charles responds. “He holds Lylandra’s hand caressing it. “Where are Logan and Corsair?”
“Picking up visitors,” Ororo answers coldly. Her emotions held in check as always, but Charles can sense the malice in her voice.
“Are these visitors X-Men Ororo?” Charles already knows the answer, though he has been in this lab for three days, taking his meals here, sleeping when his mind forces, he knows.
“Yes. Hank, Alex, Sean, and Marvel Girl.” Ororo turns toward Kurt as she continues. “They contacted us two days ago and wished to come here to check on Kurt and to see their old mentor.”
“Ororo when will you let go of this feud with Jean? It’s been five years.” Charles looks to Storm, knowing how touchy this subject was. “You and she were friends at one time.”
“I am not the one who allowed Amahl Farouk to mind rape her suppossed sister.” Ororo calmly replies.


//Flashback//
Jean stands outside knocking on Ororo’s door, trying to speak to her friend. The one she had betrayed only last night when she got drunk. She doesn’t really know why she did what she did, said what she said but she knew one thing. She knows one thing though right now. She needed to ask Ororo for her forgiveness.
“Come on Ororo please I know your in there. What do I have to do? Tell me.”
“She’s not in there Jean.” A voice speaks from behind the resident redheaded telepath. It is a voice she knows well, her lover Scott.
“Then where is she?” Jean asks; her eyes are filled with sorrow.
“I just need to know one thing Jean.” Scott stands away from his lover, near the wall. “What did you feel you needed to prove Jean?”
“What?” Jean looks at her lover wishing to see his eyes, though she can’t due to his visor. She tries to look into his mind through their mind link but he has closed it off.
“You have me, why did you feel you had to have Wolverine too. Am I not good enough for you?” Cyclops walks over to his lover Jean, looks at her as he touches her face with his open palm and kisses her upon the lips. The kiss is passionate and Jean feels herself giving over to Scott. Then it happens. Scott stops the kiss and slaps Jean across her face; the force of it twirls her around, spinning her to the ground. He grabs her by her red locks holding Jean tight, tears escaping her green eyes. Scott smiles, his teeth becoming pointed and elongated as a shark.
“You are not worth my time Jean Grey. You are nothing but a whore. First Warren and now this animal named Wolverine. You are truly pathetic.” With this statement, he bawls his fist, slamming into Jean’s head as if it were a hammer. Not once, not twice, not three times, but several.
“Scott ple..awch.” Jean looks up at Scott, her lover through blood trenched eyes and sees him transform into a shadowed being without form. It is eyes glowing a cobalt blue, the teeth long and sharp.
“Now Jean Grey. Now you are the whore you think you are. Bwahahahahahahaha” The figure laughs maniacally as he merges with the beaten form of Jean Grey in the dreamtime. “Amahl Farouk lives again.”


Jean awakens from her drunken sleep, her eyes holding a blueish green tent to them. She looks into the mirror that she has nearby and smiles. In the mirror the shadowed creature smiles back. “Ororo you were mine once, and you will be again.”
An hour later Ororo sits near a small garden, her arms around herself, holding tight. Sitting next to her is the wildman called Wolverine, but she knows him as Logan. They sit in a comfortable silience enjoying each other’s company, but Ororo is still thinking about her friend’s actions yesterday evening. As if reading her mind Loagn speaks..
“She had been drinking Ro. Jeannie wouldn’t have done dat if she were sober. Alcohol does strange things to ya.”
“Why do you take her side Logan?” Ororo asks. Her eyes staring off into the sky. She wanted to fly upon the winds that whisper to her of all things magical.
“Ah’m not Ro. Its just dat you and her are friends and nothing should tear dat apart.” Logan places his hand on her shoulder. “Include’n me.” HE starts laughing as he sees Ororo crack a smile. “Maybe yer right Ororo. Ah may be look’n in the wrong spot.”
Ororo looks at Logan and she smiles slightly. “Besides killing Logan what else are you good at?”
“Well Darl’n ya can always find out.” Logan smirks, his eyes for the first time seem full of playfulness. Reminding Ororo, not for the first time, of the big cats of Africa.
“Really now Logan, if you are as good as you claim in that department perhaps one day I should give you a ride on my winds.” Ororo luaghs at Logan’s face as she completes her statement. She does not know what is funnier, Logan at a loss for words or her remark to is crudeness. Months ago she thought him an animal, until he showed her he wasn’t. “Logan I am sorry.” Ororo replies as she becomes serious once more.
“Fer what Ro?” Logan looks bewildered as if thrown off axis for a moment.
“For calling you an animal all of those months ago. I had no right to judge you.” Ororo looks down toward the grass. “You are truly a good man.”
“Heh.” Logan luaghs a little then looks out past the grass and garden, into the forest. “Ta tell da truth Ah don’t know why Ah felt as though Ah had ta explain myself ta ya Ro. If it were any other Ah’d of just walked away.”

Logan then looks at Ororo once more, this time is hazel amber eyes shine at her, and her heart skips a beat. “As fer bein’ a good man. Ah don’t think Ah am.”
“ A truly good man never thinks he is Logan.” Ororo touches his muttonchops and hears him purr slightly.
Logan then catches a scent as the wind shifts ever so slightly and his smile is replaced by a frown as he replies. “We have comp’ny Ro.”
“Who?” Ororo moves her hand and looks over her shoulder to see Jean Grey with Scott Summers directly behind her.
“Jean wishes to speak with you Ororo if that is alright with you.” Scott says as his visor shifts over to Logan and with a slightly lighter tone continues. “Wolverine could we speak for a moment.”
Logan looks over to Jean and for some odd reason he felt as though she was different. Something was odd about her, the way she moved, spoke, and even smelled. He always paid attention to his senses and what they told him. They were as much apart of him as his skeleton.
“Something is wrong Ororo. Run!”
As Wolverine says these words Scott unleashes an optic blast torward the pair, with Logan able to push Storm out of the way. Jean’s eyes glow a midnight blue as energy crackles in the air.
“Jean?” is all Ororo can say as a tree is up rooted and hurled at Logan.
“My Ororo it is time you come back to me, back home.” Jean speaks yet it is the voice that Ororo knows.
“How?” Ororo asks as Logan is batted into an optic blast, sending him into another tree.
“What Ororo? Are you surprised that your master has come to claim his dog,” Amahl Farouk replies as he activates Jean’s telepathy, plunging into Ororo’s mind. The playing field changes as the grass and trees become a barren lifeless landscape.
Ororo sees Farouk’s astral form, behind him she sees a chained Jean Grey; bloodied and beaten.
“She was easier to conquer, my Nubian thief, then I had thought. She allowed me entrance, allowed me to chain her this way. She is a submissive little whore, always will be. That is why she wanted your precious animal. She enjoyed the attention like a cheerleader, always did. Yet when you came in the picture even her lover noticed your bueaty. It eats at her in the shadows of her heart. After I conquered her I took control of the leader, her lover as well as the Russian and the German. They will kill your animal and then I will destroy Xavier and take you back with me.”

“I don’t think so Farouk.” Ororo raises her voice as winds begin to rise and lightning flashes. Meanwhile in the waking world the man called Wolverine stands up and pops his neck as he grins.
“Ya had dis comin’ Slim.” Wolverine leaps toward the blue clad leader of the X-Men. His claws extended ready to pierce Cyclops as he sees in an instant, smoke and the smell of brimstone as he feels hands grab his ankles and his momentium shift.
Wolverine flips around twice as his own velocity has changed and he impacts into the ground. He opens his eyes to see the man named Nightcrawler hunched over like some biblical demaon that he resembles.
“Ya want some too elf den lets get it on!”
Then almost without warning the metal hand of Colussus slams Logan through another tree. If it were not for Wolverine’s Adamentium laced skeleton he would have been killed instantly.
“RRROOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The animal is unleashed and it knows something is wrong. It knows these are puppets, it knows that the red-headed woman is controlling them all. It sees Ororo standing, staring at the Red-Head and the animal roars once more. “RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!’
Cyclops fires an optic blast at the Wolverine once more as wolverine feels the air’s pressure drop and grabs Nightcrawler as the elf BAMFS in. The Wolverine throws the unaware Nightcrawler into the on coming force blast, taking the full brunt of it. The Elf is slammed into a tree, not moving; he is unconsious. Wolverine leaps lividly at the next target, the large russian sheathed in metal; Colusses.
The gaint metal clad mutant punches at the beast called Wolverine and misses. Wolverine leaps over him, flipping behind the Russian, landing behind him and slashes across the back of Colusses’ leg. He scream as he falls clasping his leg, he is no longer a threat. Before Cyclops can fire his forth blast Wolverine slashes the visor off. Two punches later it is over. Scott lays unconscious, blood spilling from a shallow wound inflicted on his side.
“WOLVERINE WHAT IS WRONG?” Charles’ voice echos in Logan’s mind. The same mind that is now calming down. Charles is weak, sick, unable to leave is bed but he felt the rage reach him from the man named Wolverine.
“Something is wrong with Jean. She took over da minds of Cyke, Colusses, and Kurt and sent ‘em after me. She’s try’n ta take on Storm.” Logan looks up to see clouds forming, lightning slashing the heavens.
Meanwhile on the plains of Ororo’s mindscape Amahl Farouk has transformed into a shadowed demon lumbering into the sky.
“Bwahahahahahahaha!!!! What are you going to do my little dog?” Farouk the shadow king asks enjoying the power he wields.
“This!” Ororo screams, her fear now surpressed, her anger unleashed as lightning is thrown as if from the god Zues. It strikes the target true in the heart of the shadow king. It staggers the ominous dark specter as he also feels pain from another sourse.
“What!?” Farouk is shocked as he feels his three minons lost to him and the pain inflicted on them hurts as much as Storms attack. Just then a voice booms and Farouk knows whom it is. “Xavier.”

Moments later Farouk releases Jean’s mind and body as he is banished in the astral plane once more. As Jean comes too in the med lab she sees Scott bandaged up with Wolverine speaking to him. She watches as they shake hands and Logan walks over to Colusses. Jean then slowly gets up only to see Ororo Monroe standing only a few feet away from her. Jean walks up to Ororo ready to ask forgiveness when Ororo speaks first.

“Is it true? Everything the Shadow King said?”

Jean looks down at the white floors of the med bay. “Yes.”

Ororo slaps Jean across the face and walks out of the med bay.

end flash back



-Mamiora means in Romani Spirit that brings illness

Well tell me how you liked it and hopefully I can continue.





You must login () to review.