Tribulations

“WE will get there my friend.”

Binary stands, her cosmic energy crackling around her form. She stands beside Charles Xavier, Hepzibah and Grog ready for anything that might happen. In her life she has been a secret agent, a super powered hero of Earth, and now she is a Cosmically enhanced space pirate. Within all of that, nothing could have prepared her for what she sees now in front of her. What once was Ororo stands a being with what appears to be a universe painted on to its skin from the waist up. From that point it takes a silver hue, the mask covers all but Ororo’s mouth and nose.

“Do not be afraid, I understand now.” The voice sounds like Ororo’s but it slightly echoes. In her arms is Kendal, her and Logan’s eldest child.

“What has happened?” asks Charles. “How did this happen?”

“Is Ororo still there?” Binary responds as a third question.

“We are one for now.” Ororo speaks, her voice still sounds as if echoed. “The one named Ororo is still here as is also the Uni-Power.”

“Uni-whatsit?” Grog responds.

“Captain Universe is the generic name for the recipient of the Uni-Power, a special kind of energy that endows an individual with a host of superhuman powers. The Uni-Power is a manifestation of the Enigma Force, an extradimensional energy originating in the subatomic realm called the Microverse, wielded by the ethereal Time Travelers.” Charles answers continuing “The Uni-Power can be manipulated by each Captain Universe in a variety of ways, dependent upon each recipient's imagination and strength”

“Okay, sorry I asked,” Grog replies still not holstering his weapon.

“The real question is what is about to happen? The Uni-Power only manifests during dangerous situations.” Charles answers as he turns toward the unconscious Kurt Wagner.

Two hours later Ororo Monroe Logan/Captain Universe stands within a large examination chamber while Binary and Hepzibah look over the scans of their teammate.

“We are fine Carol there is no need for these tests,” the being known now as Captain Universe responds.

“You know this is all routine Ororo.” Carol answers.

“Its to make sure your purrrfect.” Hepzibah adds.


Just then, the door opens and a small form enter the med lab where the three stand. Her name is Kendal N’Dare Logan the eldest born child of Ororo and Logan the Wolverine. She was born with white hair and blue eyes like her mother, and like her mother she wields the power over the weather. She also inherited an incredible healing factor, heightened senses, and an empathic communication ability toward animals as her father.
She looks toward the women she calls her aunts and then to the chamber where her mother now stands. Without fear, Kendal runs to the protective glass chamber as tears freely flow down her young face.

“Mommy when are you coming out of there?”

“When your Aunts are finished little one.” Ororo/Universe replies. She bends down, resting on one knee and touches the glass, where her daughter’s hand rests. Just then she looks over her shoulder and gazes upward. “We can hear you my Love, I promise I am fine.”

Twelve light years away aboard the Starjammer Logan, Corsair, Beast, Havoc, Marvel Girl, Banshee, Colossus, Lila Cheney, and Gambit fly toward the Starjammer’s base.

“I don’t see why you all wouldn’t allow me to open up a gateway here instead of fifty light years out when we got out of Earth’s atmosphere.” Lily says, next to here sits the Cajun named Gambit.

“Because precious the Shi’ar would have detected the wormhole in their sensor net and we would have lead them right to us. Deathbird sort of has a bounty on our heads.” Corsair replies looking toward Lily.

“Besides Chere it gives Gambit more time ta be wit cha.” Gambit replies as he puts his arm around Lily’s shoulder.

“Gambit why do you think I wanted to open a gateway closer to their hideaway among the stars? Hmmmm.” Lily responds as she removes Gambit’s hand off her shoulder.

“Would y’all shut yer yaps!” Snaps Logan as he pilots the Starjammer.

“We are all worried about Ororo my friend. There is no need to become hostile.” Beast speaks up.

“Ah don’t need assurances bub, Ah need conferma..wha..” Logan trails off as he finds himself in a white space where he sees his wife Ororo standing in front of him. Above her head a sea of stars swim around as if they were water following a current.

“We can hear you my Love, I promise I am fine.” Ororo reaches up to touch her Husband’s cheek. Her skin whispers so much to the Wolverine’s senses, it always has.

“Ya never did dis before Ro.” Logan knows this is in his mind, but he also feels it is Ororo touching his mind.

“I never could before my love.” Ororo replies. “It is the Uni-power. I am bonded to it for a time. I truly do not know why though.”

“Ah Love ya Ro.”

With that Logan comes back to reality with a smile on his face. It is then Marvel Girl speaks,

“Logan are you all right? For a second your mind was no longer there.”

“Red Ah suggest ya don’t do dat again and yeah Ah’m peachy.” Logan replies.

“Well now that we have that little thing settled why don’t you fill the rest of us in Wolverine.” Havoc says.

“Ororo’s fine. Hank whats the Uni-Power?”

“My stars and garters.”

Medical Lab four within the Starjammer’s asteroid base…

“0001110101111001001110. Rebo..(izzzz)..Re..Reboot initiated. 100101010011100100101. Sszzyysttems be be be becoming opitimal.”

“Awaken Raza.” A figure stands near the life support system of the Shi’ar Cyber-Organic being named only Raza. “Awaken sleeper. Code Omega Zeta Omega Vector Zero Zero One. Confirmation D’Ken.”

Raza’s organic eye opens as his electronic one begins to glow red. He sits up from his resting place, stands on his feet then kneels in the manner of a loyal servant to the Empire.
“I live to serve my lord, how long was I under?”

“Many years, but now I have awakened you and now you must fulfill your duty to your Empire as you did when you served in the Imperial guard.”

“I shall my lord.”





You must login () to review.