Trito ursitori

The world to Logan, the man called Wolverine, was nothing but blood and thunder as he lays over his daughter Kendal and son Chance, his back only moments ago receiving third degree burns. Those burns were received while he was protecting his children from the threat that is now calling himself ONSLAUGHT, in the past though he was Charles Xavier.

Moments ago—

“Hello Storm I have been expecting you,” Charles replies as a glimmer of some dark force lurking underneath sparks through his normally compassionate eyes.

“We are no longer Storm Charles, we are Captain Universe.” Ororo answers as she then sees Charles smirk and an aura surrounds his body. “What have you done Charles?”

“I am no longer Charles Xavier child. I haven’t been for sometime. Earth is in need of someone willing to suppress their hatred of mutants. While we have been away I have monitored these people who now actively hunt us and there is little even my so called failures of X-Men can do. When Kurt was taken by the Phoenix Force I finally saw away to stop the hatred.” Charles walks to the left of the room slightly turning his body toward the view screen he has on the wall. “But before I travel to Earth I must destroy our enemies here, the Shi’ar.”

“Charles you can’t be serious. Lylandra is Shi’ar. She is your consort, your love.” Ororo tries to reach the man who found her on the Cairo streets and later in the savannas of Africa.

“Do you think I truly can love her? I did once but then I saw what she was. She is everything I have fought against on Earth. She was deposed by her sister and so she through in with the spelljammers to regain her throne. She used me to gain more favor and allies. She is just like everyone on Earth who wants to destroy the mutant race.”

As Charles speaks Havoc, Jean Grey, Corsair, Hepzibah, Beast, Gambit and Wolverine walk up behind Ororo/Captain Universe and listen to the man they have called teacher, friend, team mate, family; not knowing what to say. All except one that is, his name is Remy Lebeau but he is known as Gambit.

“Is it a rule mon’ami dat de bad guyz have ta spout of der plans as if we care.”

“I think there is gumbo.” Alex Summers a.k.a. HAVOC replies.

“It is rude to interrupt your betters LeBeau.” Charles answers as Gambit falls to the floor in shear pain.
“Alex we have to
” Jean Grey begins to say as she falls to the floor as well. Her mind mentally shackled.

“X-MEN ATTACK!!!” Havoc cries out as he launches beams of pure super-heated plasma from his hands. At the same moment, Corsair and Hepzibah open fire with their ion blasters.

It is as if a person were swatting away gnats. The energy was absorbed into Charles’ energy sheath. As if on queue afterwards Charles surrounded himself in a form of armor gold and black in color.

“I AM NO LONGER XAVIER. I AM ONSLAUGHT!!”

“YOU WILL NOT HARM ANYONE ELSE!!” Ororo/Captain Universe screams as she unleashes a blast of energy from the power primordial. The very air sizzles as the beam of condensed cosmic energy pounds the being that was Charles Xavier, knocking him through a wall.

“RROOOAAAARRRRRR!!” Wolverine leaps along with Beast toward the fallen Onslaught, only to be telekinetically thrown through the adjacent wall.

Havoc grabs Wolverine and states


“I don’t think we can do much here Wolverine. Its up to Ororo.”

“I ain’t lett’n here fight alone ‘Lex,” Logan growled.

“That’s what I had hoped you’d say.” Alex answers as he fires a plasma burst in front of Onslaught, blinding the armored adversary.

Meanwhile Corsair turns to Hepzibah as the two rush to Jean and Remy’s side.

“Sweetie I think its time to call reinforcements.”

“Think so I too lover.” Hepzibah answers as she gets up and runs off.

“What wuz dat truck dat hit me?” Gambit asks as he begins to rise.

“Onslaught.” Corsair replies as he fires his blaster at the lumbering creature that is Charles Xavier.

Ororo lunges toward her opponent, flipping in midair and connecting with a straight kick to the head of Onslaught, staggering him. She follows it by a series of punches and finally ending in a sabot kick to the chest. Wolverine leaps, claws extending, slicing at the stomach of Onslaught. Gambit unleashes his kinetically charged cards at Xavier’s knees, as Havoc gives free rein blasting this lethal fiend. Beast throws a large piece of debris impacting on the upper chest of their enemy.

“Ch’od we need ya here ol’ pal!” Corsair replies as he fires again, this time hitting the ceiling above Xavier causing it to collapse on top of him.

Seconds later the rumble explodes outward as Onslaught stands with a fiery bird aura surrounding him. He fires a concussive force blast backed by a telekinetic wave striking Ororo/Captain Universe knocking her back into another wall. Onslaught then grapples Logan and Havoc with a telekinetically constructed creature while he slams Corsair’s mind with a telepathic assault.

“Do you think you can stop me!?” Onslaught screams. “I am power primordial.”

“Primordial semeemordail.” Answers Ch’od as he blasts Onslaught with a mini missile.

As the smoke clears Onslaught still stands, unscathed. “That didn’t work like I thought.” Replies Ch’od as several pieces of debris the size pebbles and small stones become hyperaccelerated projectiles fly at him. “Ohh Frack.”

Ch’od falls dead as the micro projectiles shoot completely through his hard reptilian body. Pieces hit Corsair and the fallen Jean Grey, the pain flashes snapping Jean out of her mental prison. She grabs her arm as the blood flows freely and she unleashes a telepathic assault on her former mentor, her former teacher. What seems like only seconds in the real world can seem like an eternity on the astral plane, the mindscape.

///The Mindscape///

It is a cold dark place within the mental world that is Xavier’s mind, Jean has once before taken a walk around within her former mentor’s mind and it was nothing like this. Without warning the scape changes into something akin to death valley. Jean then arms herself in astral armor that resembles something from a bad scifi movie. On her back is mounted a cannon and on her arm she has a fixed blade that vibrates. She scans the horizon trying to get a fix on where she could be in her Mentor’s mind, to no avail. As soon as she begins to adapt the landscape changes. This time into frozen tundra, she can feel the cold. From the sky the image of Onslaught appears as if it is an angry god about to spew forth flaming vengeance. With instinct guiding her Jean Grey fires a volley of mental energy from her cannon striking at this god of vengeance Onslaught sees himself as.

“I will Not LET YOU HURT ANYONE ELSE!” Jean screams as she transforms into a godling herself. She and Onslaught fire mental energy toward each other, until finally Jean Grey stabs Onslaught with her “Vibro-Blade” through his chest. The creature falls and begins to strink and forms a man in chains. He looks up toward Jean weakly and smiles the same compassionate smile she knew from her teacher Xavier. Jean shrinks and runs to him full of compassion and understanding.
“You’ve done well my student.” Xavier says as Jean holds him.

“It’ll be alright Professor.” Jean says.

“I know it will child.” Xavier smiles and laughs, “Foolish child, the reason evil will triumph is that good is dumb.”

In the outside world Jean and Onslaught scream, Jean’s eyes flash brilliantly and the aura of the Phoenix surrounds her for but a moment then, it explodes forcing its way back toward Charles’ body. Jean and Onslaught collapse.

“How did you do that?” Onslaught says as he begins to regain strength.

“After the Black King took control of me and caused me to loose the closest thing to a sister I had I began training myself against possession.” Jean answers weakly, “I sought out Dr. Strange and had an enchantment placed upon me backed with years of mental barriers. You won’t get past it.”

“Then I will have to destroy what your “sister” holds dear.” Onslaught replies as he vanishes.

“The children!” Logan and Ororo yells. Ororo grabs her husband and teleports to the children’s room. There stands Onslaught ready to kill the two innocents. He blasts at the huddled children, as flame threatens to engulf them a figure covers them to protect. His name is Logan, the Wolverine. His world is nothing but Blood and Thunder.

Ororo launches herself at Onslaught once more, her rage unquenched. However, right now it does nothing. She is struck with an energy wave from Onslaught. She falls through the floor as it falls upon her. Onslaught looks down at the fallen Ororo/Captain Universe then over to the burned Logan who covers the unharmed children and laughs.

“I wouldn’t laugh right now Xavier or Onslaught as I heard you call yourself now. When you hurt some of our own, we will hurt you.” A voice sounds from behind the monolith called Onslaught. He turns to see who the voice belongs to.

“Magnus.”

Behind him stands the X-Men consisting of Magneto, Cyclops, Colossus, Iceman, Racheal Summer, Shadowcat, Dazzler, Scarlet Witch, Northstar, Quicksilver, Cannonball, Archangel, Havoc, Beast, Jean Grey, Sunfire and Lily Cheney.

“Hello Charles.” Replies Magneto.

“Are you here to mediate?” Asks Onslaught.

*********************
Trito ursitori- three spirits, one good, one evil, one mediator.





You must login () to review.