Logan lay in Ororo’s bed, in her secluded attic room, with her head resting upon his bare chest; their limbs tangled familiarly and pleasantly. Their wet clothes had been cheerfully discarded the moment they had entered the room and neither had any desire to lose the feel of such intimate contact.

There was a comfortable silence between them as they enjoyed sharing the physical intimacy in the aftermath of their lovemaking. The dim noise of the mansion’s other younger residents drifted up through the walls and heating ducts; a welcome back drop to what they had just shared.

Logan had his arm draped around her, providing a cushion for her waves of soft hair as he reached around and gently caressed her arm. He looked down at her as she lay quietly, listening to the beat of his heart and his slow measured breaths.

He thought back for a moment on what had passed between them in the woods outside the mansion. Whatever he had expected when Ororo had finally confronted him, it had never occurred to him that she would try what she had. He was amazed at what she had done; moreover he was amazed at his own response.

She had drawn out the Wolverine, using her powers and the wild call of nature to sport with him in the woods in a simple game of cat and mouse. And then, when she had called an end to it, when Logan had felt a true sense of fear at what she had dared to do, the animal had simply receded and he was able to take control once more. Somehow, the situation had been hers to control; she’d had the upper hand and she had played it well.

Although he found himself wondering if perhaps she had been just as caught up in all of it, just as aroused by the chase as he had been; a bystander though he had been. As he stared at her brilliant white hair draped across him, he marveled at the amazing creature he held in his arms.

Just when he thought he understood her, just when he was sure what her reaction to something might be, even after all the years that he had known her, she still managed to surprise him. He knew at that moment, just what a rare gift he had been given simply by knowing her; and how much more precious a gift he had been given just a short time ago.

He reached up to touch her hair, reveling in the soft, silky strands. “I thought we were gonna take this slow.”

Ororo chuckled even as she shrugged. She reached out to restlessly trace her finger through his chest hair.

He reached up to grab her hand, stopping her movements. “Darlin’, keep that up and we ain’t gonna be talkin’ again for awhile.”

She pushed herself up on her elbows, meeting his relaxed gaze even as she continued to touch him. Soft fleeting touches about his face and chest, a hand run through his hair as they talked. “I truly wanted to take things slow; but sometimes reality bites one in the ass.”

Logan raised an eyebrow at her choice of language. “I think I’m rubbing off on you ‘Ro.”

She smiled, the same mischievous smile that she had worn before she wiped the table with him at nine ball. “Perhaps.”

He found that he liked that smile on her; even if it had the effect of making him wary about the next words that were going to come out of her mouth. “What did ya mean by reality?”

“I simply could not resist you any longer. What did Jean call you? Ah yes, a ‘rough and ready sex machine’ I think was how she put it.”

Logan laughed loudly at the mental image of Jean saying just those words.

Ororo chuckled along with him for moment and then her voice became serious. “Do you regret what passed between us?”

He looked at her steadily, his gaze unwavering as he took a deep breath and released it in a rush. “My life is fulla regrets darlin’. But this,” he reached out to stroke her face, his touch soft and gentle. “This ain’t one of them.”

She sighed even as she melted into him, her head falling back onto his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart, just under her ear. “There is no turning back any longer, is there?”

He shook his head, surprised that the admission came so easily for him. “No, there ain’t. Are ya scared about that?”

She shrugged. “Surprisingly, no. Are you?”

He shook his head. “I’m just terrified that I might hurt ya; whether I mean ta or not.”

She chuckled softly and there was silence once more. A few moments later, Logan felt her yawn as her body relaxed and began a slow gentle slide towards some much needed sleep.

He knew that some nights she didn’t sleep well; she had always been a bit of a night owl and a morning riser. Often not getting nearly as much sleep as the others in the mansion; and usually not suffering much from the lack either.

But he knew that the Professor’s last mission had worried her; more than she had admitted to anyone. And she hadn’t slept much in the past several nights for fear that she wouldn’t be awake to see him come home.

Add to that the exertion of such strenuous and fine tuned use of her powers, not to mention the intense and passionate bout of lovemaking only an hour ago and he was amazed that she was still conscious.

She snuggled into his chest, completely at peace with him, her eyes suddenly leaden with the desire to sleep.

Logan gazed down at her for several moments as her eyes drifted closed and her breathing began to deepen. He found himself torn between his desire to stay and drift off to sleep with her in his arms, and the desire to protect her and leave her bed before he too fell asleep.

Despite what occurred in the woods between them, and would likely occur again given the passionate natures of the two involved, he didn’t completely trust himself. Ororo had made her point well; he knew that he could control himself around her. But once asleep, he wasn’t too sure.

Sleep lowered barriers; relaxed the mind; allowed all sorts of things to happen that wouldn’t normally occur if one were in complete control. Yet despite that fear, he had no intention of stepping back, or hindering their relationship. And because of that need to continue building a relationship with her, he had every intention of protecting her as much as he was able.

But he found himself unable to tear himself away from her. He too was content simply lying there listening to her breathing as she slid down into the darkness of sleep. Every time his mind spoke up and urged him to leave, he told himself just one more minute.

One more moment to feel her body pressed against his; one more moment to feel the soft curtain of her hair upon his bare arm; one more moment to feel her soft breath rustle through the hair on his chest; just one more moment to simply enjoy her presence. A few moments later the decision was taken from him, he too was asleep.


Reality intruded on them all too soon the next morning. He was amazed to feel Ororo still in his arms; she had not moved from his side throughout the entire night. Even more astounding, at least in his mind, his night had passed in peace; there had been no nightmares to plague him.

He reached out to gently untangle her from his arms; he needed to get down to the basement before his morning self defense class. Ororo drew a deep breath and her eyes fluttered open as she smiled at him.

“Morning darlin’.” He kissed her lightly.

Ororo began slowly stretching her sleep stiffened muscles. “Good morning Logan. Were you leaving?”

He nodded even as they both began climbing out of bed. “Yeah, I gotta catch a shower and get down ta the workout room; I like beatin’ the kids there if I can.”

“And I must prepare for my first class; I was far too distracted last night to finish the work.” She kissed him once more before walking into the bathroom.

A few seconds later, he heard the water running and he reached for his clothes.

Ororo popped her head out of the bathroom just as he grabbed the doorknob to leave her room. “Logan, I have some time free after our workout. Would you join me for lunch?”

He smiled. “Yeah darlin’. I’ll see ya at 11:00.” He quietly left the room as Ororo ducked back into the bathroom.


Logan grabbed a quick shower and headed down to the workout room. He wanted to stretch and catch a light workout before the kids came in. He was surprised to find Remy already there, setting out equipment for the class. He looked up as Logan entered, a thoughtful look upon his face.

“Logan, Remy is glad to see you here. Remy was getting worried when da Professor asked him to take over da class even after you had come back.”

“Thanks Cajun, I just needed to straighten some stuff out; the mission was pretty tough.”

For a moment, there was a light of understanding in Remy’s eyes.

Logan had never expected that; at least not from him.

“Den Remy shall leave you to your class.” He turned to leave and Logan’s voice stopped him.

“Hold on a second; I’d like to know what you’ve been up to with the kids. Stay a few minutes and get me caught up. I’d like to know if anything you tried worked better for any of them.”

Remy nodded and began showing Logan some of the equipment he had brought in for the class to work with.

Less than an hour later, the first students began coming into the room.

The students were overjoyed to see Logan returned to his role as their teacher. And he was forced to spend several minutes answering and evading questions about his mission and the rumor that there was a new student at the school.

After the class was over, and the last student had run out the door, Logan stayed behind telling Remy that he’d clean up. But even before the younger mutant had nodded and simply left the room, Logan’s mind had begun drifting away, thinking on his next training session with Ororo.

Part of him was worried that what had passed between them in the past few days might change their professional relationship; make it impossible for him to teach her. But that fear waned rapidly as he realized that he not only enjoyed teaching her, she enjoyed being taught by him.

In the past, their friendship had never intruded on her leadership of the team or his decision to follow her orders. He was going to be very sure that their new relationship worked the same way with their professional one.

The other part of him was thinking about the next step in her training. It had come to him sometime before he had fallen asleep the night before; something she had done during their romp in the woods had inspired a thought in him. And it was something that he wanted to explore. He only hoped Ororo would be open to a little experimentation.

He was meditating when she walked in, his senses open but his mind calm and peaceful. He heard the door open, heard her take several steps in and then stop as she caught sight of him.

“Logan, am I disturbing you?”

He took a deep breath, breaking himself from the trance and opened his eyes.

She was standing there, unsure and uncertain and he smiled slightly.

“No darlin’. I was just waiting for ya ta get here and tryin’ ta settle my mind. Why don’t you start stretchin’ and I’ll tell ya about what I have planned for today.” He stood watching as she did as he suggested.

“Are we jogging first today?”

“No, I got an idea I want to try first. Do you remember what you did last night?”

There was a moment of stunned silence and Ororo began chuckling. “Why do you ask? Are you asking for a repeat performance now?”

Logan shook his head, realizing that the words hadn’t come out exactly right and the question was a loaded one. He held up his hands to clarify. “I mean just before I lost myself, before the beast came out. Did ya touch me, with a wisp of breeze?”

“Yes, I did.”

“Do ya think that ya could maybe use that same wisp, or tendril but make it harder, sharper even; maybe like a whip?”

“I do not know, I have never tried. Why do you ask Logan?”

“I think that we can use this ta augment what I’m teachin’ you now. Despite yer resistance to learn ‘Ro, yer a natural at this; yer far beyond the other students; hell yer further along at this point in time than I ever expected ya to be.

“Ya enjoy doin’ this; ya enjoy it so much so that I’ve been seriously considerin’ advancin’ ya onto weapons trainin’ on top of the hand to hand. But I’d also like ta use yer powers if we can. I want ta teach ya ta use anythin’ that might give ya an edge in a fight.”

Ororo looked thoughtful for several seconds and then simply nodded as she began stretching once more. “All right, I place myself into your hands. What exactly do you have in mind?”

They spent their entire workout together going over what he was trying to do.
She offered points where she could, trying to help him understand how her powers worked and how she consciously controlled them. In the end, she had tried several times to do as he had asked but failed to grasp the technique they were striving for.

After several numerous attempts, Logan called a halt seeing the mental and physical exhaustion she was beginning to suffer in the attempt to master the skill in one day.

Ororo wanted to keep pushing until she had done it at least once. “But I wish to continue.”

Logan came up to her, reaching out to squeeze her incredibly stiff shoulders.

She was very tense; stress and concentration causing her neck and shoulders to seize up as she worked. She sighed audibly as he began to restore blood flow with his deft fingers.

“I know, but when ya get this worn out yer gonna start makin’ mistakes. I don’t want ya ta get hurt because ya lose control at some crucial point.”

She reluctantly nodded agreement and he decided that now would be a perfect time to set her down and show her the beginning lessons of meditation.

It would help to clear her mind and sharpen her mental control once more. They sat in the quiet workout room for over twenty minutes, the slow whisper of their breath the only sound.

Afterwards, he could see that she felt completely restored and renewed. He smiled at her renewed mood as, on an impulse, and despite the threat of the students discovering them, she dragged Logan into the shower and spent a good deal of time sharing her good mood with him.


After their shower, they headed to the kitchen for lunch. Their voices were low as they talked and laughed together as they walked into the room.

Logan lightly brushed her back with his hand as she headed to table. He smiled as he watched her sit, and he then headed to the fridge

“What do ya feel like?” He caught Ororo shaking her head out of the corner of his eye. He could feel the weight of her gaze on him as he stood in the fridge, pondering their options for lunch. He hoped she was enjoying the view.

“A couple of sandwiches would be nice; is there any turkey?”

Logan scowled for a moment as he began pulling out everything and setting it on the counter.

Ororo arched a delicate brow at him. “Is there something wrong with turkey?”

“No, not really. I just think that it’s kinda waste to eat it when Thanksgivin’ is only two days away. We’ll have so much left over that by the beginnin’ of next week, everybody here’ll be bitchin’ bout eatin’ it.”

She laughed. “It is not the same thing.”

He merely grunted and went back to the sandwiches.

A few moments later, Jean and Scott walked into the room. Jean headed to the table and sat next to Ororo as Scott headed to the island to help Logan.

“Need a hand there Logan?”

Logan looked at Scott, one bushy eyebrow raised as he grunted. “I think I can handle this one Scooter; it’s not like a major car repair. You and Jean hungry?”

Scott and Jean both nodded.

“Good, why don’t ya sit down and I’ll get lunch finished.”

Scott reached into the fridge to grab something to drink for everyone. As he passed Logan, he took another jab at him. “Just be sure that there are no dents in the sandwiches would ya Logan; I know soft bread can be a pain.”

“Funny One Eye. Next ya’ll be tellin’ me that ya signed up fer open mike night down at the pub.”

Scott sat down smiling. “If I had, I’d have gotten plenty of material out of you.”

Logan chuckled at that. “But alas, just as in life ya’ve no idea what’s funny and no sense of timin’.”

Scott raised his glass in a mock salute as Logan came to the table with a plate full of sandwiches.

Jean turned to Ororo, an amused and somewhat bemused look on her face. “It’s so good to see those two really talking for once.”

Ororo laughed despite herself as they watched the two men bickering back and forth. “If this is talking, I would really hate to see them at each others throats.”

Jean laughed. “Can you imagine? I don’t think the house would still be standing.”

“Yes and we would discover that the source of the argument was over who had control of the TV.” For some reason, both women found this extremely funny and laughed helplessly, tears rolling down their faces.

The two men broke off of their conversation and looked at them in bewilderment. Neither one had heard the conversation that sparked the laughter in the first place.

“What do ya think started that?”

Scott shrugged as he took a bite out of sandwich. “I have no idea but something tells me that we really don’t want to know.”

“Why do I get the feeling that we’re at the center of that?”

“Don’t know; maybe given their history, instincts? Experience?”

“We’ll go with all of the above.”

After a few moments, Jean and Ororo began calming down and started to eat.

During the meal, Ororo brought up the subject of Thanksgiving day and the meal she had volunteered to prepare. “Have you finished the menu for our Thanksgiving feast yet Jean?”

Jean nodded, putting her hand on Scott’s arm. “Yes, in fact Scott’s going shopping for me after lunch.”

Scott turned to Jean, a soft expression on his face as he put his arm around her shoulders and drew her close. “Jean, I still think you should come with me; we could make a day of it. Take in a movie, maybe a little dinner some dancing. What do you think?”

Jean smiled at him. “Do all that while the turkey unthaws and the ice cream melts in the trunk of the car? Nice try, but I don’t think so sweetheart.”

Scott sighed in frustration and turned to Logan, a hopeful expression on his face.

Logan nearly laughed aloud at the thought that other man was looking to him in hopes of some back-up.

“I don’t know how this happens every year. Logan, you gotta come with me.”

Logan shook his head, his hands held up to ward him off. “I don’t think so. You go do the shopping like a good little boy.”

“Thanks a bunch smart ass.”

Logan winced in approval. “Ouch, that one hurt Scooter. But sometimes ya have ta take one for the team; that’s what it means ta be a leader.”

Jean chuckled even as Ororo continued on questioning her about the meal. “And while we are on the subject Jean, just what am I cooking?”

Jean shrugged. “Everything but the pies; Marie and Kitty want to help with those.”

“Wonderful; shall you be helping me then?”

Jean shook her head. “Oh no, not this year; I’ll be keeping an eye on the rest of the hooligans that have decided to stay behind this year.”

There was a note of annoyance in Ororo’s voice as she spoke. “So I must do this alone?”

Scott piped up next to Jean. “You have my sympathy ‘Ro.”

Ororo shot him a look that could’ve bent steel.

Jean elbowed Scott in the ribs. “Really Scott, don’t you think you’re being a little overdramatic? Besides that’s not the only responsibility she has, she has to keep Remy out of the kitchen too.”

Scott and Logan both snorted loudly at that revelation.

Logan held up his glass to her, toasting her. “Good luck with that.”

Ororo shot Logan the same look and turned her attention back to Jean. “All right, if you are not helping me, who will help me to prepare this grand feast for twenty people?”

Jean gave a chagrined look as she gave Ororo some new info. “Actually, its twenty-one. Kurt has decided to join us this year.”

Logan perked up at the news. “The elf is comin’?”

Next to him, Ororo threw her hands up in frustration while the sky outside began to take on an ominous cast.

Logan turned back to her, feeling a built guilty at the pleasure he’d felt at the news that their team member would be joining them. He knew that normally Ororo too would have been pleased that Kurt, aka Nightcrawler, had decided to join them for the holidays. After all, they had not seen him in a long time. Normally he spent the time in quiet contemplation in the monastery with the other monks. But now, having been told that she was preparing food for such a large number of people alone, she was understandably annoyed.

“Wonderful, just how in the Goddess’s name am I going to prepare all of this food alone.”

Suddenly, three pairs of eyes turned to Logan. He stopped chewing as he looked at all of them. He suddenly felt like somehow, he’d been backed into a corner without even realizing it. “Why do I get the feeling that you’ve been planning this since I got back?” He focused on Ororo, knowing from his previous experiences with her that she was probably responsible.

“Really Logan, you are far too paranoid.”

He snorted. “Not paranoid enough if I walked into this kitchen on my own.”

She touched his arm gently, a sparkle in her eyes that he couldn’t quite place, and he couldn’t ignore. “I really could use your help; besides you will be eating too. It is only fair that you should contribute.”

He didn’t know how she did it, but he could feel an urge to give in. He gave one last ditch effort to get out of it. “But I’ll miss the game.” The words sounded trite and childish even to him.

Ororo, knowing that she had won, simply smiled.

Scott too took perverse joy in Logan’s misery and managed to slip in one final parting jab. “Ouch Logan, that one hurt. But I guess that sometimes you have to take one for the team; that’s what it means to be in a relationship.”

Logan growled softly at him promising himself retribution as soon as he could figure out a way to get away with maiming the man.


The two days passed in relative peace and quiet for the school. Students finished their final classes that afternoon. The exodus from the school began that very night as the students who had families, or those who chose to spend the holiday elsewhere, began leaving the mansion.

A feeling of peace and solitude settled over the mansion and the few residents that had decided to remain behind. Most of the adult members of the team were there, Hank, the Professor, Remy, Scott, Jean and Logan among them. Even Kurt had returned to spend the special day with his second family. There were a few students as well; Kitty, Rogue and Bobby being among them.

There was a great sense of contentment throughout the mansion and in most of the residents. For many of them, the mansion was the closest thing they had ever had to a home; the people there the closest thing they had ever had to a family; at least a family that accepted them and loved them and didn’t condemn them for the fault of nature in their births. And because of those feelings, the Professor had nurtured a special devotion to those days chosen by the world to symbolize hope, caring, compassion and the strength of family.

But for one particular member of the mansion, the holiday had taken on an almost sinister tone. Logan had tried for two days to find a way out of helping Ororo with dinner. Not because he didn’t want to help her, he really did want to help her. But given their past associations where he had been wrangled into helping her, she had always found a way to poke fun at him.

He didn’t think this time was going to be any different; and for Logan Thursday arrived far too quickly. His suspicions, it turned out, were well founded. “’Ro, just answer one question for me would ya?” They were in the kitchen working side by side on dinner.

“And what would that be Logan?” She failed to hide her smirk as she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye.

He glowered at her. “How the hell do you manage to talk me into shit like this?”

“Logan, language.” She admonished him but there was no fire behind it.

He stopped working to look at her dead on, trying to get her to react. “No, really I mean it. I don’t know how ao it. First it was workin’ in the greenhouse, than it was plantin’ flowers around the mansion and there was that damned ridiculous costume ya got me into fer Halloween; now this. You make it sound so reasonable, ‘I have a small request Logan’. Then, before I can even think about escape, ya spring it on me. Where does it end?”

She did stop working, reaching over to kiss him softly on the forehead as he stood next to her. “The sooner you realize that I have you under my complete control, the sooner the humiliation will end.”

He was perplexed that somehow, she had managed to get the best of him again. And this time he had walked into the whole situation with eyes wide open. He snarled resisting the urge to drag her from the room and prove to her again who was in control. “Somehow I seriously doubt that. Ya love seeing me in these kinds of situations.” The smirk returned even as he returned to the work before him.

“What kinds of situations are you referring to exactly?” Her voice was innocent but he knew the truth. The woman was as devious as they came.

“The kind where you get to see me acting completely out of character.”

Ororo’s arms swept around them, taking in the entire kitchen and the scope of controlled chaos that covered nearly every available space. “Come now Logan, surely there is nothing wrong with helping me make a meal for our friends and teammates. After all, this is a special holiday; especially for all of us.”

Logan knew her well enough that she was trying to distract him from the point of his argument; but he wouldn’t be swayed. “No, there ain’t but did ya really have ta insist that I wear this damn apron. I swear if Gumbo says one more word, I’ll take him outside and show him what it really means to ‘kiss the cook’!”

Ororo couldn’t hold it in any longer and began laughing. She dropped her voice a notch, meaning for her comment to be for his ears alone. “I think you look sexy.”

He was not convinced. “And I think I look like an ass.”

She looked behind him, patting his rear end gently. “But I like your ass.”

He simply stared at her, enjoying both her comment and her actions. “Funny. Keep that up and you’ll be lucky if I don’t take ya downstairs to lay yer ass on the matt a few more times today.”

She chuckled again just as Remy came back into the kitchen, Rogue and Kitty right behind him. “Logan, you are such a flirt.”

He smiled at her, a devilish smile that promised retribution as soon as he could get her alone. “I try.”

They ceased their banter and turned their attention to the new arrivals, conning them into helping with dinner.


A few hours later, the turkey nearly done, the table beautifully set, with the others enjoying the game in the TV room, Ororo and Logan sat in the kitchen together enjoying a stolen moment of quiet in a morning that had been surprisingly chaotic. Logan stood behind Ororo, massaging her shoulders as she rested her head against him, relishing the contact between them.

“I had forgotten why I stopped volunteering to cook a few years ago. But it is all rushing back to me now.”

Logan chuckled as he kneaded her stiff muscles gently. Up until a few moments ago, the kitchen had seemed like a madhouse with people wandering in and out, looking for a snack, talking for a few moments and then wandering back out.

They had about a half an hour until the chaos began all over again as the final touches were put on the side dishes and the turkey was pulled from the oven. But for now all was quiet and Logan intended to make the most of it.

He finished the massage, feeling the last of the tension leaving her and took a seat next to her at the table. He reached out and gently pushed a wayward tendril of hair from her face as she sighed.

“I wanted to thank you for your help; I could not have done this without you.”

Logan couldn’t resist and continued to stroke her face softly. “Yeah ya could’ve. Ya just would’ve ended up ‘the first person who walked through that door with a minor complaint.”

She chuckled as he got up to get her a glass of cold water. She accepted it gratefully.

“’Ro, if ya don’t mind my askin’, why exactly did ya volunteer to do this if ya knew how much stress it would cause?”

She sighed. “It seemed the best way to keep Remy out of the kitchen; although now that I have thought about it I think I should have let him cook. I would have gotten great enjoyment out of it; both from the meal and everyone’s reaction to the food.”

Logan chuckled as Ororo told him of what had happened last year. “It must’ve been somethin’ ta see Scott with tears rolling down his face.”

Ororo chuckled at the memory of last year’s holiday gone very, very wrong. “I must admit that was quite funny; but the next day when Hank woke up and saw what had happened to his fur, he very nearly screamed the mansion to the ground. We of course thought something was very wrong and stormed into his room. He was not happy about that.”

Logan chuckled as the timer for the turkey went off. He stood, Ororo close behind him and the chaos began anew.

This time they did wrangle others to help them; with the threat of withholding food if they refused. In a few moments the table was laden with food and everyone waited in suspense for the turkey to arrive.

Ororo and Logan were cleaning up a bit, letting the turkey set a bit when Rogue and Remy walked into the room.

“I need to tell y’all something.” Before she could continue speaking, Remy grabbed her arm gently and began speaking to her in a soft voice, pulling her away from the two of them.

Rogue’s answer was angered but just as hushed and, with the noise of the kitchen and the house around them, Logan couldn’t make out what they were saying.

“I do believe they are having an argument.”

Logan nodded as he continued cleaning. “Looks that way.” He watched the young couple out of the corner of his eye, noticing Rogue growing a bit more agitated. But he had no chance to ponder just what could have upset her so.

Ororo asked for his help to begin carving the turkey. He stepped over to the bird, took the carving knife out of her hand and prepared to make the first slice.

Rogue who had seemingly finished arguing with Remy caught his movement out of the corner of her eye and turned quickly, her arm outstretched as she yelled loudly just as the knife touched the turkey.

“No, Logan, Storm don’t…” there was a soft wmphff as the turkey exploded showering the two of them in shredded meat and bone shards. Rogue stopped, her hand still outstretched taking in the sight before her. “Touch the turkey.” She finished lamely, as two pairs of eyes turned to stare in her direction. Despite the murder she could see written plainly in both faces, Rogue couldn’t help herself and she started laughing.


As one, Logan and Ororo turned to the look at the other side of the kitchen where Gambit had just been relaxing against the wall.

“Remy!” Their combined shout shook the walls even as a peal of thunder cracked loudly, directly over the mansion.

“’Ro, I’m gonna kill your brother.”

“Not if I get to him first Logan.”

Remy’s head popped into the doorway, an innocent smirk on his face as he took in the sight of Ororo and Logan covered in shredded turkey. “Stormy and Logan not like Remy’s wishbone surprise?”

“Here’s my surprise Gumbo; how’s about I show you where yer wishbone used to be? Right after I rip it out of ya.”

“Dat be a good look for you Logan, no?” He turned and fled just as Logan sprinted to the door, Ororo close on his heels.

Behind them Rogue continued laughing even as she pulled out the back up turkey. They had learned the hard way that it paid to have spares on special occasions. Especially since Remy had taken up residence in the mansion.

“Happy Thanksgiving y’all.” She called out; and the sounds of crashing furniture, gruff cursing and ‘Ro’s homemade lighting drifted back to her in the kitchen as she quietly began cleaning up the mess. “Now it’s starting to feel like home.”





You must login () to review.