All children come home

“Come in Ororo.” T’Challa replies as he looks toward a camera.

Logan grins, knowing she would have been watching. Nothing T’Challa does surprises him.

“’Lo Ro.”

“Old friend.” Ororo replies. She then looks toward her future husband and raises an eyebrow. “ So you made a deal with Logan to get your “mantle” back?”

“There was never truly any deal as you think goddess.” T’Challa replies, “ I couldn’t bare to see you hurting more than you were when the Wolverine was hurt. It also afforded me an opportunity to rid my land of Killmonmger. Say what you will, it was a win-win situation for Wakanda. The deal was that you choose to either stay or leave with your companion. I would not give you to anyone. You are not an object, but a person.”

Ororo looks toward her soon to be husband as clouds begin to swirl outside. Her anger and inner turmoil showing within the very weather, “So you two made a deal?” She looks to Logan.

“Ro the deal was that if he put the Vibranium in me Ah would take care of Killmonmger for him. Noth’n else. ah just didn’t kill’m, Ah made h’m lose, forfeiting the mantle to me.” Logan walks toward Ororo as a friend, “You told me that you loved me. Then why did cha accept T’Challa’s offer?”

“Logan, for years I loved you. Ever since the day I saw you in the mansion that first time I was infatuated. I was so young then. Why do you think I judged you harshly until you put me in my place so to speak. No man ever did that, not even T’Challa. Yes, the Black King controlled me, but no man ever dominated me the way you did, without doing a thing. You treated me as an equal, you never were intimidated by me, you never held my hand and treated me like something fragile, you forced me to improve so I could feel an equal to you though I was on a level of power that dwarfed you. You flew after Jean though, then Mariko. When she died it tore me apart because you were in pain, yet you moved on. I compared all the men I loved to you, an animalistic passionate man, and they never measured up.” Ororo hugs her old friend with love, “ We were on the road to something more than what we were before Wanda transformed the world. It revealed our most basic wants Logan, hidden deep in our subconscious minds. Something we personally wanted. You wanted to be this rebel savor who fought the same government he belonged to. When you remembered who you were, you never tried to come for me. I was a queen in my homeland. I felt something missing yes, and though T’Challa tried to woo me then, I refused. Why I couldn’t say until now. It was you. I love you more than I can even realize but we are not meant to be together in this life, not in that capacity. I do love T’Challa on many levels, and I am happy with him. You are an eternal samurai, constantly at war with yourself, never at peace. That is what makes you who you are, with me you would be a warrior without a war.”

Logan looks down at her hands clasped in his rugged ones and he kisses them. What she said is true, but there is more. “An Animal knows what it s and accepts it Ororo. A man may know what he is but questions it all. In those questions, there is turmoil, but when you are there, that raging sea calms. I am at peace. How do I know what I ought to be or want to be with out you there? You make me dream, live, grow, and change into the man I want to be for you.”

“For now give me the time to get to know you again.” Ororo replies. She looks toward her husband to be then with remorse she walks toward him. “T’Challa, my king. I am sorry.”

“Don’t be Ororo. You are always the Queen that you aspire to be.”

“Then its time to call a new place home. Stark Towers.” Ororo says leaving the throne room of Wakanda.

The end.





You must login () to review.