All Children cry part 1

The scene is a terrible one to behold, as with any fallen hero. The place is the royal palace of Wakanda within the medical wing. Here in this place is the most advanced medical equipment on Earth save for the X-Men’s med lab and S.H.I.E.L.D.’s helecarrier. The man on the stretcher is named James “Logan” Howlett; the world knows him better as WOLVERINE. It was only ten minutes ago when his adamantium was literally ripped from his skeleton once more. The first time it happened four years ago when he and the X-Men faced the mutant Magneto. It took him two years to heal as his mutant healing factor was over taxed. The evil malcontent called Apocalypse later restored it, so Logan could become one of his horsemen. Again two others, Lodestone and ZZAXX, tore it from him. Both times Ororo Monroe; the mutant STORM was there, it tore out her heart then as it does now.

“Get WOLVERINE to med lab STAT!” Yells the star-spangled super solider CAPTAIN AMERICA as he and the cowled RONIN push Logan into the Medical ward.

Ororo looks through the observation window as they, along with the medical personal place Wolverine inside a restoration tube. She knows how bad it is, she remembers the last time.


“What has happened?” Ororo screams as she hears the alert coming in from the Blackbird as it descends into the atmosphere.

“We have a casualty!” Cyclops yells as he hits the intercom button. “Henry get to the hanger with medical equipment STAT!”

“Already there Scott.” Replies Hank’s voice responding to Cyclops last order.

“Who is it? Gambit, Jean?” Asks Ororo as she follows Cyclops down the hall to the elevator.

“Neither.” Cyclops opens the door as he steps in. He knows how close Ororo and Logan are and it pains him that he must tell her. “Wolverine.”

“What?” Ororo is stunned silent.

“I know how you feel for Logan Ororo and I am sorry. In many ways, I respect the man more than I respect the Professor. I hope and pray he will make it.” Scott places a hand on her shoulder.

“You know?” Ororo is still dumb founded as she speaks. Her mind numb as it tries to process the current information.

“Yes. Contrary to popular opinion I’m not blind nor see everything in complete black and white.” Scott and Ororo proceed down to the hanger.

Two weeks later

“Logan you’re a stubborn man,” says Ororo as she stands over him in the medical room.

“Yeah yeah I know princess.” Logan smirks, as he stands up walking bare-chested to the locker.

“I truly hate when you call me that old friend.” Ororo responds, tension in her voice.

“I need to do this ‘Ro.” Logan replies.

“You just started to get out of bed a week ago. You have nothing to prove you insufferable man.”

“I do to myself ‘Ro.”

“When your back in here do not cry to me.” Ororo throws up her hands and walks out.

“You wouldn’t have me any other way ‘Ro.” Logan says as the door slides shut.

The X-Men are in the danger room as Storm, Beast, and Xavier watch the teams progress as the team trains together. Moira is at the door as Logan, who is dressed in his fighting uniform, tells her that he wants to join in the training with his teammates. She orders him to go back to his room and rest, as his wounds are not completely healed. Logan raises Moira’s arm, as he walks into the room, telling the team that he needs to prove to himself and that he still deserves a place on the team. As the team leaves the room, Logan looks up to ask Xavier if he gets a chance to prove himself.

Xavier tells Logan that he will do as Logan asks and programs the room to release two battle droids. Logan, in a defensive manner, tells Xavier that he can eat these two walking can openers for breakfast. Though as the two droids hit the ground, Logan runs from them and the X-Men see for the first time, in Logan’s eyes, the look of fear! Logan is thrown around by the two battle droids.
“Charles stop the program!” snaps Ororo her eyes growing clouded.
“Professor please stop it. Logan is going to get himself killed!” Cyclops yells
“Logan must know his limitations and if this is the only way so be it.” Charles replies to the objections
“If he is harmed any farther Charles so help me I’ll…” Ororo is in mid sentence as Charles pushes the intercom button,
“Logan do you wish to stop?”
Logan gets up wiping his bloody nose as he smirks hiding his pain.
“I’m just warm’n up Chuck.” Logan replies and by instinct, he unsheathes his claws.
RRRIIIPPPPPP. In shock, Wolverine screams in pain, as his open wounds do not close.

“He is a survivor Ms. Monroe,” states the voice from behind Storm who is lost in thought. Ororo turns to look at her visitor.
“Perhaps Ms. Lopez but I still worry for the man.” Ororo answers
“Is there no one you wish to inform of his condition?” The Latina American Indian woman with a white hand on her face asks.
“There is.” Ororo answers as she leaves the room leaving the woman named Maria Lopez alone in the room overseeing her sensei. She truly is the RONIN she claims to be.
From a video feed the Panther, watches Ororo leave the observation room. He becomes engrossed in thought as he receives a visitor.
“T’Challa we need to speak.” His name is Tony Stark, the world knows him as a billionaire playboy and his alter ego as a superhero and bodyguard. He is the man people call IRONMAN.
“What is it Tony?” T’Challa’s posture is that of a man seething in anger, though his voice is controlled.
“Do you have any idea why those criminals attacked the Palace and not the mines?” Tony asks noting his friend’s position.
“No I don’t.”
Tony feels as though he was just lied to. “Are you sure?”
“If I did I would tell you.” T’Challa replies as he continues to look at the monitor. After a moment T’Challa speaks again. “He is a brave man to go up against those who on a power level out-match him.”
“He is a hero like all of us.” Tony replies, “Though he had other reasons to attack. Mainly to protect your fiancée and his best friend.”
“Is it only friendship they share?”
“If it was more than that would they not have tried to become more.” Tony knows the answer to that statement but he waits for T’Challa’s answer.
“Perhaps they are to stubborn.”
“Is the great Panther feeling threatened?” Tony jokes lightly.
“By him, possibly. She is to be my wife.”
“I wanted to ask you about that T’Challa. Why do you feel you need to become married now?”
“Wakanda law. The king must marry before he is 32, or he loses the crown to the next successor. Killmonmger.”
“You mean the man you beat you in ritual combat.”
To a point yes. The man who beats the wearer of the mantle in ritual combat, eats the herb and survives may become the next King of Wakanda unless the king has met all other duties of his station.”
“Marriage is one of them?”
“Yes. As well as producing an aerie apparent along with the marriage of a royal blood. I would rather marry one I love than to have one arranged.”
“So you can keep your throne?”
“Would you do anything to keep your company Tony.” T’Challa turns in response. “Under Killmonmger’s rule this land would suffer. I am the king and the king must do what he can to protect his people.”

Westchester Academy home of the X-Men and school for gifted mutants.
“Hello Ororo what can I do for you?” Scott replies. “So have you accepted that offer from the Avengers?”
“Actually this is in part something to do with that.” Ororo replies. Scott sees the emotion welling up in her eyes.
“What’s wrong ‘Roro?” Scott asks with concern.
“Its Logan. He was hurt in an encounter with a group of super criminals calling themselves Force Works.”
“How bad?” Scott leans into the monitor, his muscles are tense. For everything that has been between Wolverine and he over the years both men respect each other, and at times Logan was even more of a father than his own or the professor.
“His adamantium was torn from him.”
“Oh God. I’m sending Elixir, Hank, and Warren to your location via a blackbird.”
“Thank you.”
“He is family as you are.” Cyclops looks away toward Emma. “We all are.”





You must login () to review.