All Children heal

Stark Tower the next morning.

“We got our collective butts kicked yesterday, and one of our number is in a bed unable to be moved.” The man speaking is the current leader of the Avengers. He is CAPTAIN AMERICA.

“We were outclassed at every turn people. We are supposed to be the best at what we do.”

“With all due respect Steve they were a well trained team of bruisers who seemed to know each of our tactics. They were waiting for us.” SPIDERWOMAN replies. She has been studying the attack the Wakanda Palace and she found nothing of true value except for Panther’s family and future bride of importance.

“So what are you saying Jessica, that we were lured there for a trap.” Steve Rogers asks.

“What does a group of criminals like the caliber of Abomination, Rhino, Green Goblin, the Mandarin’s Son, ZZAXX, and Lodestone have in common. On top of that, guys I know Goblin and Rhino. Goblin is not a team player less he’s leading, Rhino isn’t trained as well as he showed. I really know nothing about Mandarin’s bouncing baby boy or the others.” His name is Peter Parker and he is the non-mutant SPIDERMAN.

“So the question is who trained them?” A stern voice sounds from the door. It is full of power and ability. She was once the Weather Goddess of Kenya, then becoming the Leader of the X-Men. Her white hair, tall lean stature, and striking beauty belays how dangerous she can be. She is Ororo Monroe, she is STORM.

Tony Stark smiles underneath his helmet. “Glad you could make it.”

“Let’s make this clear gentlemen. I am here on a temporary run, enough to make sure those people pay for their attack and damage of my friend Logan.” Ororo states as she sits down at the table, in Wolverine’s normal chair.

“We aren’t about revenge Ms. Monroe I want to make that clear.” Captain America answers.

“Then what is it?” The large invulnerable man named CAGE asks.

“There is something more than we know going on and I want the answers.” Captain America replies, “Ironman I want you Spiderman and Spiderwoman to come up with those answers. Do some digging, just make sure no one knows.”

“What do you want the rest of us to do?” The man in yellow and blue with a large “S” on his costume, the world knows him as SENTRY.

“I want you, Cage, and Ronin to examine the battle site for any clues. Then I want you three to analyze anything on these people calling themselves Force Works and memorize the way the move.” Captain America orders, “Storm I want you to come with me to see an old friend.”

“Okay people you have your assignments.” Captain America looks toward Iron Man as he continues, “Tony I need to speak with you for a moment.”


Captain America looks toward Ironman, waiting for the others to leave, though he notices Storm standing near the door. She is as stubborn as Wolverine, and just as vengeful when it comes to someone she cares about.

“Did you speak with our mutual friend?” Captain America asks.

“Yes he wasn’t to forth coming with a lot of information, but I can’t help feel he knows more than he was letting on. He didn’t seem to broken up about what happened.” Ironman replies understanding that he should not say Panther’s name.

“What did he say?”

“That he has processed Vibranium in the vault and is currently in a power struggle.”

“With whom?”

“A guy named Killmonmger.”

“I have a feeling he knows more than what he’s telling us.”

“Why did you suspect him to begin with?”

“Something Logan said before our mission yesterday.”

“Alright, I’ll look into Killmonmger for you as well.”


The same day “ 1:20 AM

The Blackbird lands on the palace grounds with six armed soldiers and the BLACK PANTHER waiting for the occupants to open the door. Moments later the door opens and three X-Men appear, they are Warren Worthington III dressed as he should be; as ARCHANGEL, the man to his right who seemingly looks like a humanoid panther Hank McCoy; BEAST, and the youngest who is not actually an X-Man yet though wants to be. His name is Joshua Foley though he has been called ELIXIR because of his healing ability.

“It is good to see you again Henry.” Panther says, “He is in the Medical lab.”

“Is Ororo here?” McCoy asks.

“She is in the Medical wing with the Wolverine. She hasn’t left his side.”

Minutes later McCoy, Worthington, and Foley enter the room where Logan is held within a vat. Next to the vat is a chair, with a sleeping Ororo. Henry places his furred hand on her shoulder and gently nudges her.

“Ororo wake up.”

“Hmmm, Henry?” Ororo opens her eyes as she rubs her neck. “Goddess my neck is stiff.”

“We are here now goddess and Wolverine will heal.” Warren continues as he walks over to the vat. “Joshua are you ready?”

“Yes Sir.” The golden skinned boy called Elixir answers.

T’Challa, the Black Panther, watches as the Wolverine is taken out from the vat and in amazement watches as a golden glow washes over the comatosed man. Within minutes the glow subsides and the young man called Elixir steps back, sweat beading from his forehead. He watches as the boy nods to Archangel as if passing the torch so to speak. Seconds later Warren cuts open his palm, placing it on the mutant Wolverine. The blood seeps into the healed skin of the feral mutant and within seconds the results are evident. Wolverine opens his eyes, taking a deep breath as if he had not taken one ever. Warren smiles, as he turns to the audience, which is McCoy and Ororo.

Ororo briskly steps to Logan’s side, placing her hand on his shoulder. Her smile showing her true delight, her eyes sparkle with something attuned to love.

“’Ro you okay?” The gruff voice of Logan sounds sweet to her ears.

“I should ask the same old friend. How are you feeling?”

“Like a freight train hit me.”

“Well my friend you were hit by something, but of the Electromagnetic kind.” McCoy replies as he steps up.

“Nice ta see ya bub.”

“As the feeling is mutual I am glad to reciprocate it.” McCoy answers.

“Do you remember what happened?” Archangel asks, waiting for Wolverine’s answer.

“Just pain. Lots o’ it.” Logan answers weakly.

“Your adamantium was taken from you.” Ororo responds as her hand finds his.

“Again?” Logan asks. “What is it with magnetic personalities and my skeleton?”

That question brings out a few chuckles from the present company, lightening the mode.

“Scott sends his wishes on a speedy recovery.” McCoy replies, “It is good to see our healers brought you back to where your healing factor is no longer taxed.” Henry scans Wolverine with a tricorder-like device. “Seems your 100% healed.”

“Thanks guys.” Logan states, as he eyes in the observation room an onlooker.
The onlooker’s name is T’Challa. “Where are da others?”

“I sent them back to Stark Tower. I promised I would send them an update on your condition.” Ororo remarks as she kisses his forehead. “Get your rest my old friend.”

“Okay goddess.” Logan answers with a smirk.

Moment’s later outside of the room Ororo stops Hank and the others. “Thank you for coming as quickly as you did.”

“We are family no matter what Ororo Monroe. Remember that.” Warren says. “Tell the troll that we still thank that way of him too will you.”

“Yes we must be off. Joshua here has class in the morning, though I will allow him to sleep in.” McCoy says as he pats the golden skinned boy on the back.

“Yes Ms. Monroe I do hope you will come by to the school, a few of the students miss you.” Elixir continues.

“So what does that leave you Ororo?” Asks Hank.

“What do you mean Henry?”

“Are you going to play avenging goddess?” Warren smiles as he makes the statement. “It was Logan after all.”

“What makes you both think that?” Ororo asks.

“We know you too well.” Hank replies.

“Then can you do me a favor and get as much information on those scum. I do have a score to settle.” Ororo has no qualms about hiding her intensions from her family now.

“We’ll do what we can.” Warren replies. “Besides Scott and Emma are working on it now.”

“Really?” Ororo asks, her eyebrow rising.

“It was simple, when T’Challa gave us the information freely.” McCoy finishes

As the four stepped outside to discuss things and say goodbye Logan looks to the observation room one more and simply says, “Alright Panther come say what cha want ta say.”

The door opens into the room and the man that is the King of Wakanda walks out. He is graceful, and as deadly as he is charismatic. He passes Logan walking toward the window to the scene outside. It is a building just outside the palace. Logan gets up, walking, though carefully, to the same view. What he sees is breathtaking.

“She will stand as a beacon, shining brighter than the star that is my Wakanda, lighting the way for mankind everywhere. A tribute to our potential. An undeniable paradigm of the greatness we are capable of achieving Logan. A symbol I can touch, that represents the dream that is within us all, human and mutant. Of heights all of humanity can aspire to and the depths of human sacrifice to be.” Logan listens to T’Challa’s words, how they are so articulately selected. “The Avengers have been referred to as the worlds greatest heroes, fighting for truth, justice and the American way. As if that were some inseparable holy trinity. Truth? That is in the telling. Just calmly messaged words that very well could be nothing but well placed lies. Justice? Belongs to the judge, who sits above those who put him there because they can not trust themselves. The American way? It constantly evolves Logan out of something that proves to be true and a lie, just and more…” panther pauses for a moment, “and all men are created equal.”

“Nice speech T’Challa is there a point to it?” Logan asks.

“That complex you see is a science building, it is a tribute to my people’s way of life. Through education and care, Wakanda does not have poverty, hunger, or strife. Can you say the same Wolverine? A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There is no denying the TRUTH in them, but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth, and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find solutions? Solutions though are not easy to find. They do not present themselves in neatly wrapped packages with a bow. Like anything of true value, they have to be dug for. Sometimes in the hardest of grounds, one’s own human clay. More often than not, mining one’s self, one’s soul leads to FOOL’S GOLD, unless the lick is taken to one’s own pride. One must swallow it after breaking a piece off. A bitter pill Wolverine for a better tomorrow.”

“What do ya want?” Logan’s patience thins as the Panther’s words sink in.


“I can give you something that is better than Adamantium, and I can free Ororo from our wedding if you can do one thing for me.”

“What is that kill someone fer ya?”

“Yes.” Panther calmly replies, “without it coming to me. For that I will also give you the answers of who attacked the Palace and why.”

“Do Ah have a choice?”

“Yes. Though the alternative is loosing Ororo forever.”

Logan looks away from the window.


The present time.

“I’m glad Logan is doing better.” Captain America speaks to Storm as they walk toward the Quin jet.

“As I am. He wanted to be here but I made him stay behind at the palace so he could rest more.” Ororo answers.

“He is one of a kind.”

“Yes he is.” Ororo states as she smiles slightly. “Where are we going?”

“To see Dum Dum at SHIELD headquarters.”

“Why?”

“To see if we can get any leads on this new FORCE WORKS.” Captain America replies, “Tony is upset at the use of the name.”


***********
So please give the reviews to tell me how the story is unfolding.





You must login () to review.