All children play

It is one of the most advanced megastructures on the planet. It is two city blocks long, one city block wide. Its four super ramjet engines placed on the corners of the massive super structure holding it airborne. It is an impressive thing to behold, and a testament to man’s will and dreams. The mutant female named STORM has seen it only twice and it still astounds her. Her partner CAPTAIN AMERICA has been here more often than he cares to count and still is amazed. They are here though to get information from the current director of SHIELD, Dum Dum Dugan.

“Steve it’s always a pleasure.”

“Dum Dum. You know why we are here.” Steve replies as he shakes the director’s hand.

“Yeah I heard about that.” Dum Dum answers as he itches his nose. Steve Rogers catches it. “I don’t really know why it happened.”

Ororo catches what Dum Dum is saying. He doesn’t know why it happened but he may know who. “Mr. Dugan a friend of ours was wounded, almost killed.”

“Yeah I know about Logan. To tell the truth many countries would be happier if he did, with his current memory insight. Me, I served with the man he is one of the good guys.”

“Who is it Dum Dum?” Captain America asks.

“You, me and even Logan has faced him a few times. He’s an old friend, Johann Shmidt.”

“Where?”

“Don’t know that. Though I can tell you that it only took them thirty minutes to get to Wakanda in a Leer from the east.”

“Thanks.” The Captain says as he and Storm leave.


In a lab under the palace of Wakanda, the man once called James Howlett is submerged within a tank. BEAST, ARCHANGEL, and ELIXIR watch as the man called BLACK PANTHER begins an operation.

“How did you learn of the bonding process T’Challa?” asks Henry.

“It is a modification of Professor Kenji Oyam’s process of bonding Adamantium to bone.”

“How did you come by this?” McCoy asks once more.

“My father gained the secret while helping the Canadian James Hudson.”

“What?” Warren asks in shock.

“That is all I can tell you.” Panther replies as he continues. “I needed your healers here to ensure the bonding process does not over tax Logan’s healing ability.”

“What are you up to T’Challa?” Asks Beast silently.


Within the security hub of the Wakanda Palace, the IRONMAN shifts through security logs, and observation videos using his armor’s data and sensor retrieval system. Meanwhile outside where the Criminal’s called collectively FORCE WORKS landed their disguised Leer SPIDERMAN and SPIDERWOMAN scan the area.

“I have a theory here Spiderwoman.” Replies Spiderman as he looks at his scanner.

“What is that?” Spiderwoman is immersed in her scans.

“What if they came here as a diversion, as well as a testing phase?”

“How did you come by that?”

“Nothing was actually stolen, even after we were taken out of the picture.” Spiderman continues, “I admit a 2 pound chunk of Vibranium was taken but it wasn’t in the vault. It was on an unarmed display. Panther has two hundred guards with the highest technology available, none of them were dispatched save a small platoon. They were enough to hold back the Abomination, though they allowed the others to get past them.”

“Are you saying Panther allowed a group of super villains to attack his palace, attempt to kill his bride to be, and flattened us because he is up to something?” Spiderwoman asks, “If so Peter, that’s a stretch. I know T’Challa extremely well. He is one of the most honorable men I know next to Logan.”

“I said it was a theory.”

“Unfortunately it is a sound theory.”

“Spiderman, Spiderwoman I need to see you on the Quin-jet ASAP.” Replies Iron-Man over the comm.-link.

Minutes earlier…..


The Sentry uses his awesome psionic abilities passively scans some of the higher officers of Panther’s elite guard. Inside he feels a small prang of guilt from one, and scans deeper. “Iron man this is Sentry. We need to speak.”





You must login () to review.