Aint No Business
Chapter 12


Hank opened up Logan’s thermos and drank from it while the other man was in the bathroom. He had expected boring run of the mill coffee, but instead his lips touch the most rich smooth hot chocolate ever. Hank was a bit of a chocolate connoisseur himself and he was able to tell that this was not your normal treat. It contained several kinds of chocolates. Dark, at least seventy percent cocoa, the was a vanilla bean infused milk chocolate, and white chocolate that tasted like it had hazelnuts soaking in it for a good two days. Hank had to fight to keep eyes open. The warm deep concoction made him inhale and get a little too relaxed.

There was no way in hell Logan made this himself. Hank almost snorted in the thermos. He must have gotten really close to the person...the woman who made this.

Ahh yes, he thought, Ororo. He remembered a conversation that he had been walked in between Peter, Logan, and the new camera grip guy Little Peter...Parker, a few days ago. Was that his last name? Hank rubbed his temple as he thought about the wiry young man’s name. Names and faces were not Hank’s forte.

As he walked in the room, both Peters were laughing really hard and Logan leaned backed in his chair glaring at the both of them.

“What’s all this about? And why aren’t we editing, hmm? Don’t tell me you ladies are girl talking, again?” Hank had asked.

Logan just grunted. No surprise there, but Big Pete and Little Pete had another fit of uncontrollable giggles.

Lil Pete pushed up his glasses, dared Logan’s wrath and started to explain. “ Yea it was girl talk. As if there’s anything else worth the time!”

Hank just shrugged at the younger man’s enthusiasm. “Well, young man, the last time I checked work was worth my time.”

Lil Peter just yawned. “We were just talking about the ladies. Big P went on and on and on and on and on and on and on....”

This time it was Logan who had the giggles.

“Ok! I get it LP,” the bigger Peter cried.

“And on and on about The Kitten,” he said dramatically. He put on a bit of a Russian accent and adopted a baritone to impersonate his friend, “Kitty is so smart-y. She is the one that wired the pirate ship for explosives, she is the one responsible rigging up the minkas for wireless sound, blah blah freaggin blaaaah.”

Logan and Hank both pointed and laughed at Big Pete.

Pete was not one to be out done, turned his retaliation on Little Peter. “Your one to talk, LP. How many times have we had to put up with Mary Jane/Gwen Mary Jane/Gwen Mary Jane Mary Jane Mary Jane MJ MJ ooh aahh. She’s so special and model, and an actress, and she can fly, and has REAL boobs that double as floatation devices, and she’s a licenced lifeguard, and she has the reddest red hair that ever red-ed, and she’s also up for sainthood!”

Lil Peter blushed and Hank laughed merrily. Logan held himself stiff and tried to make himself small. He knew that he was next...again. Damn, he thought, they had just ripped into him right before Hank came in.

Suddenly there was silence. All three men looked at the man whose head just hit the table. Both Peters had grins that would make The Grinch envious.

Peter arose to his full six feet inches to tower over the cowering Logan. “Hmm...where shall we start on Mr. Howlett?”

“Wait wait! Ya’ll just had a good ten minutes makin’ fun of me.”

“But I didn’t get to see,” Hank whined.

“Oh gosh, were should we start?” Little Pete pretended to be in serious contemplation about that.

“LP, you seem to be the resident expert with red-heads, lets start there.”

“Oh Jesus,” Logan moaned. Never in all his life did he ever regret his decisions until now. “Parker, if ya ever considered yourself a human being, ya’ll shut the hell up, please.” He pouted at the young man to enforce his pitiful position.

Big Peter asked a question that was on every man’s mind that had to Jean just had to know. “Logan, um...how knarled is Jean’s red bush?”

The entire room busted a gut laughing.

Hank couldn’t help himself and chimed in, “Did you need a machete for that thing?” Even more laughter erupted this time.

Little Peter did an imitation of a hunter going through the jungle crouching and searching through the jungle bush.

This time the laughter was accompanied by tears.

Once Hank recovered he added, “How long did it take you to comb through that mess. I mean even Scott, the most patient man I know, didn’t touch that?”

“She wasn’t that bad, guys, damn.” Logan knew he had just lied through his teeth. “I mean yea she was whiny, bitchy, and just plain evil, but that was only when she spoke. Other than that, she was mostly tolerable.” Logan couldn’t keep up the ruse. “Alright alright...jeeze. She can boink hard. There I said it. Ok? It’s the only time she’s not being a queen bitch.”

The bigger Peter just rolled his eyes. He hated working about Jean, thinking about Jean...Jean Jean Jean! He felt his stomach bubble. Damn stupid acid reflux. “Can we talk about something that’s not going to set my esophagus on fire. I want a settled stomach when I go back to work.”

Hank saw his opportunity to drive in the final nail. “Speaking of yummy in your tummy, Logan, how is that delicious new morsel you’ve been with?”

Logan’s face lit up like a Christmas Tree. “She’s good minus the skiing incident,” he said trying to play it off. Too bad nobody was buying it. He sighed and gave up to the audience. “She’s so often a mystery. I thought she was going to be so angry when she found out about, you know, but she took it in stride. I mean she even agreed to go out with me that night.”

All three men looked at him incredulously.

“ I couldn’t believe it either. I mean, yeah, she’s been holding me at arm’s length but at least she still talks to me.”

Little Pete interrupted him. “Arm’s length? You mean to tell me you, of all people, haven’t...”

“No, Parker I haven’t.”

Hank beemed at his friend. “Apparently our Logan has grown up and learned from his mistakes. You have learned from your mistakes, right? Please tell me she’s not married.”

“No! She’s single, has the longest legs ever on a person, the biggest eyes. Oh yeah, I don’t know if ya’ll noticed but she can cook.” Everybody just groaned. “But seriously she has this child like enthusiasm for things. I can’t wait to be around her because I know no matter how disastrous something is she’ll make it worth my time.”

Little Pete dared for one more dig, “Aww Logan, you sound sm...”

“If that word ends in ‘mitten’ I will stab ya, Parker.”

That finally stopped the jokester.

Big Pete took mercy on the poor man. “What did you two do the last time you went out?”

“We made snow angels.” Logan didn’t give any more details, but he got to give his version of the Grinch Grin.

Just then Little Peter’s watch beeped. Hank called the camera men back to work, and all thoughts of ladies were temporarily expelled.

Hank heard Logan curse at the fancy buttons on the high tech Japanese toilet, then he flushed it and turned on the sink. The big man hurriedly put the top on the thermos and slip it back to Logan’s side of the desk.

When the door opened Hank tried to look as busy as he could so the guilt wouldn’t come across.

Logan glanced up at the desk before he sat done. Something was askew. He ran his eyes against the long working desk. Hank was busy going through frames on the large flat panel monitors on the left side while his right side was empty. All the paper work was where it should be, the chair hadn’t moved. He shrugged it off and sat down to tag a swig. That’s when he noticed it.

“Hey ah Big Guy, what the hell happened to my drink?”

“I have no...oh common. You and I both know that chocolate is my only weakness.”

“Only?”

“Ha ha ha, very funny. Besides, my friend, you never finished your story from the other day.”

“A gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell.”

Hank just sighed, “You do know that we will find out sooner or later.”

“Ha ha ha.”


~X~


“Girl, you’ve got some serious explaining to do!”

“I’m sorry Ali,” Ororo whined to her friend on the phone.

“Where have you been for the last week? I haven’t heard a word! Ooooooh, does it have anything to do with that shorty-hottie.”

“Al, its two in the morning there. Don’t you have something else better to do?”

“Kurt is knocked out cold. Poor guy. But now I’m full of energy, so you better talk.”

“Oh alright fine.”

“Hey Ro, is it just me or are you a little nasal? Did he give you a cold? Aww that’s so sweet..”

~Flashback~

“So how are you with snow angels?” Logan let his tongue trail the fine lines of her plump mouth before he coaxed her to open up to him. She tasted like sweet peaches sitting on ice. He licked, nipped, and sucked until her flavor became part of him.

Ororo found herself being moved on her back to a position that gave him more access. The ski poles were swatted aside. She wrapped her hands around his neck closed her eyes, and let her tongue meet his. She crept around his mouth and was awarded with small deep grunts and moans that vibrated throughout his body and hers too. She felt overtaken, warm, and wet all at once.

Then she felt cold. Cold freezing wetness dripping down her back and through all of her protective gear.

“AAAAaah. Oh my god!” Ororo sat up as quickly as she could, threw Logan off of her, and started to dance around desperately trying to get the cold water out that slipped inside her.

“Easy easy! Slow down Ro.” Logan watched her stop and hug her self as she violently shook from the cold. She was so adorable. Damn. Once again he found wanting to just scoop her up and run away with her.

Ororo couldn’t concentrate on anything else except the cold. Who’s bright idea was it to invent alpine “fun” any way? Just as she was half way through cursing that person’s name, she felt the offensive wet outer clothing being taken off by Logan. He stepped back and looked at her shyly before wrapping her in his own coats. He rubbed her shoulders and looked at her with pleading eyes.

“Common,” he whispered softly, “lets get you warm inside.”

By the time they were in the cabin, hands were all over the place as were kisses and outer skiing gear.

Ororo let Logan take control of her mouth again, and was senselessly reveling in it when she got the funniest tickling in her nose. She pulled back and turned her back to him. She inhaled and held her breathe.

“Ro are you o...”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHO!” The sound reviberated throughout the entire cabin. The sniffle that accompanied it was very unattractive. When she turned around she had the most pitiful look on her face. “Just my freaggin luck!”

“It’s alright darlin’. Take the rest of that wet stuff off, and I’ll fix you some green tee. In fact ya should probably soak in a hot bath for a bit. I’ll bring it to you.”

He boiled the water and found the green tea he was looking for. This was the real stuff. Not that watered down and sugary stuff. This was bitter and was perfect for colds. The sound of running water signaled Ororo’s bath being filled.

He took the two porcelain cups of tea upstairs to the bathroom and knocked to the on the door. “Can I, ah, come in?” He hoped that his enthusiasm and the double meaning of that wouldn’t be that apparent.

Ororo had just tapped a toe in the tub when she heard the knock. “Give me just a second.” She sat down and adjusted herself so that she was comfortable. She reached to a spare towel to wrap around her hair. After everything that happened, she absolutely refused to have wet, soon to be painfully nappy hair, in front of this man. When she pulled up the bubble to give herself some form of modesty she told him to come in.

“Hey there, I got you tha....”

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s not everyday I walk into a bathroom to find the most adorable woman I’ve ever known covered in bubbles with an adorable red nose from the cold. I can’t help it, its hilarious.”

He walked to the opposite edge of the tub and placed the cups of tea down. She maneuvered herself to that end and got a glass. He reached for his glass and sat down too.

“Logan!”

“What?”

“What are you doing?”

“Drinkin’ tea.”

“Here? I mean I’m kinda in the middle of something.”

“Oh fine.” He got up and leaned forward to press a quick kiss to her lips and jogged to the door before he changed his mind.

“Logan?”

He paused with a hopeful feeling fluttering around in his chest.

“How did you get this cabin? I thought the ski tickets were only for the day? Is this a plot hole or did you have something else in mind?” She gave him a sarcastic narrow look with a raised brow.

“Nothing gets by you, Darlin’. I got the cabin while you were getting the gear. I was going to show you the fireworks they always have hear on Friday nights. But hun, I doubt you’ll be ready to be outside again for extended amounts of time in the snow.”

She pouted again. “I’m so sorry. Hey! I saw those nice big windows to the porch. We might be able to still see them.”

“That’s a good idea. The lights reflecting of the snow is...I can’t even tell you how beautiful it is. I’m gonna head out, so you can finish faster, alright?”

He watched her shake her head up and down like a child about to go to FAO Schwarz.

~End Flashback~


“So did you do him before or after the fireworks?”

“No Ali!” Ororo sniffled so hard she swallowed a wet boogie. “Ewww!”

“You just swallowed one, didn’t you? Hahaha”

“We just watched the fireworks and cuddled. I can’t believe that he wanted to come any where near me. I was gross. Still am in fact. It feels like really shitty karma is stalking us. Everytime we get really close something awful happens. The runaway car, crazy bi...people, colds, schedules, and who knows what’s next.”

“Oh oh, Kurt’s starting to snore. I gotta role him over. That means my time is up, sweets. I’ll take to you later. Next time I better hear some gossip.”

“Ok ok. Promise! Kisses.”

“Kisses you back. We really miss you, kid. Bye. Come back soon.”

Ororo heard the beep of the ended call, put her phone on the dresser, and slammed her head into the pillow. If after this nap, her head didn’t clear up and the aches and pains didn’t stop, she would have to call out.

A couple of hours and two Benadryl should do the trick. Dinner wouldn’t be worked on until five o’clock and served at seven. It was two o’clock now, so she had plenty of time for a well deserved can nap.

Or so she thought.

The loud banging at her door just wouldn’t stop.

“Go away!” Holy shit, she thought. Was that what was left of her voice. Nothing but air came out. She tried to sit up, but the ache in her lower back kicked her in her ass, literally. The sun was also much brighter than when it was when she laid down. She moaned as she limped to the door.
Not even bothering with the peephole, she cracked open the door and leaned on it.

“Hey Darlin’, good sweet Jesus! Ya got worse. Everybody was wondering where the continental breakfast was. I told them ya weren’t feeling well and ya might be late. So I thought I’d make sure ya were gonna be alright.”

He pushed open the door and lead her by the hand back to bed. She watched him open the covers, and wait patiently for her to get in. He propped up her pillows and elevated her feet. He laid next to her and took out his Blackberry.

“What are you doing,” she asked with air and a nasal accent.

He kissed the top of her head. “I’m about to disappoint a lot of people.” He slipped his arm and tucked her head under his chin, “go back to sleep.”

“Hey Scott.”

“Guess again,” said a familiar feminine voice with a hint of anger and briskness.

“Jean,” Logan said with a flat indifference. With the sound of her name Ororo tried to scoot away but he just held on to her.

“Look Logan we need to talk. I want to...hold on for a sec. Scott wants the call on speaker.”

“What’s going on Logan? Is she ok,” Scott asked.

“I think so. But she’s totally fucked up, and by herself, so I’m gonna stay with her. Make sure she’s better by the end of the week. Looks like you’ll get your wish Jean. Now all things involving food are postponed. Now you can just throw up stomach acid. Good luck with that.”

“Enough both of you. Jesus. So what’s going on?”

“I think I’m gonna stay here with her.”

“WHAT!” Jean’s shock hit both men very hard. The awkward silence that followed made her have to scramble with an explanation. “I mean can’t we take her to the hospital or get her a nurse.”

“No Jean,” Scott said with an annoyed voice. “That would cost money, and after having delayed filming for a certain scarlet’s breakdowns, tardiness, and far too many no-shows, this may actually be a good idea. You got in those winter shot, right Logan?”

“Yea we got them edited this morning.”

“That’s fine. We’ll just have to move around the scenes filmed. I don’t care at this point, just as long as we get it done. Oh one more thing.”

“What is it Scott?”

“What’s Ororo’s room number?” Scott saw his wife, out of the corner of his eye, stop in mid page flip because she was eavesdropping, just as he was counting on.

Logan coughed uncomfortably. What was Scott doing? Was this some kind of sick revenge? He hoped not. “Her room is 6911, why?”

“Relax Logan.” He sent his wife a dirty look. “I was just going to send her a designer s.w.a.g. bag. I mean shortly after the incident, she sent me a really nice gourmet chocolate basket. It was fantastic. I didn’t even know that you could make chocolate like that. She’s good. It’s a small way for me to say ‘thank you and get well.’ Just let her know for me, ok. Ro’s a sweet heart.” With that he hung up the phone.

Logan could have sworn that Scott’s last statement was a warning. He removed his shoes and got comfy with her over the blankets. When he settled in with her, he could have sworn he felt a tremor, but tossed it up to the gas from the greasy fast food breakfast he had before he stopped by.





You must login () to review.