They sat on the foot of the stairs staring at the closed doors. “They sure have been in there for a long time do yah think we should go in there?” Rogue asked, and as if answering her, a sharp flash of lightning illuminated the parlor and brought and knowing smile to Jean’s face.

“No,” Jean said as she stood. “I think we should go put these things away.” She spoke as she grasped at the many shopping bags she and Ororo had accumulated on their shopping trip. Rogue shrugged and stood, grabbing some of the bags, and the two headed up the stairs.

~~~~

His touch was tentative and shaky, almost as if he were frightened to touch her, which was silly considering all they had been through. She lay upon the floor on her back, her white hair splayed about her, waiting for him to make a move, needing so much to feel him on her, inside of her, but wanting him to set the pace. He hovered above her on one arm and slowly unbuttoned her blouse with his free hand, all the while holding her gaze with his. When he finished with the last button he focused his attention to her body as he pushed open the blouse, fully exposing her shoulders, her breast covered in black lace, and her abdomen. He traced his fingers from her collarbone, down in between her breast and further down across her midsection, and she closed her eyes to his calloused touch arching up a bit from the floor, in an attempt to get closer to him. He stalled in his caressing and she opened her eyes in inquiry.

“Nothing’s changed since the last time we were together,” She spoke softly to him as she reached up and stroked his cheek. “Well, except my belly’s not in the way.” She said with a sad smile and he reached out and rubbed his hand across her belly.

“More than that’s changed darlin, this time is like the first but this time there’s no excuses. I want you, not to forget Jean and not to forget our son. I just want you.” She smiled at his words and nodded her understandings.

“I want you too.” She said as she slid her hand from his cheek to the back of his neck, and pulled him down to her. He happily molded into her, enveloping her in his arms and capturing her mouth with his. For the rest of the day and throughout the night, the silhouette of the lovers danced against the walls.

~~~~

The two spent bodies lay entangled upon the floor as smiles played on their lips. “Goddess, I have missed…that.” He smiled as he held her close to his chest and stroked her arm.

“Yeah, I’ve missed you, missed this too.”

“Maybe we should take this upstairs.” She suggested as she lifted herself up a bit from his chest as she rested her elbow upon his chest.
“Why, we’ve spent all evening and night in here already, sides I’m comfortable.”

“You’re comfortable, we’re on the hardwood floor Logan.” Ororo said with a smile.

“I’ve slept on worst.”

“Well, I really don’t want to be here when the children come running through here between classes tomorrow. There are some things I am just not willing to teach them.” He chuckled at her words.

“Fine, we’ll take this party upstairs, but I gotta admit I’m impressed with your newfound stamina.” He said as he watched her stand and began to dress. He himself reached for his jeans, which were nearby and then stood to put them on.

“Well, I have been starved for your touch lately.” She said warily, not wanting to break to mood by bringing up Logan’s seeming disinterest I her sexually. Logan quickly picked up on her words as he pulled his shirt on.

“Ro, that was only because I knew you were healing after…I didn’t want ta rush things, ta hurt you. That and the fact that for a time you acted like ya hated me.”

“And I’m so sorry for my behavior, for blaming you…” She hastily began apologizing.

“Hey,” He cut her off as he moved to her and cupped her face in his hands and she reached up and grasped his forearms with her hands. “It’s ok, besides I think we’ve apologized plenty already, with our bodies.” She blushed and giggled at him.

“Yes, Goddess we were like teenagers, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if you got me pregnant again.” She said with a playful smile, which faded at the sudden hard look Logan threw her as he abruptly pulled away from her.

“Don’t even joke like that.” He said as he turned from her and moved to a nearby chair where he sat to pull on his boots.

“Logan, what’s wrong, what did I say that has upset you?” She asked as she stood hugging herself as she watched him.

“Talking about getting pregnant again so soon after…”

”Yes, Logan it is a possibility. We are a married couple with a very healthy sex life; I think this room can attest to that.”

“Then we’re gonna have ta start using birth control cause we aint having anymore kids Ro.” He said as he stood from the chair. She looked at him as if he had punched her in the stomach.

“What? Exactly when did ‘we’ decide that?”

“We didn’t, God or whoever the hell it is that’s been fuckin up my life, they decided for us. I aint going through that again, I don’t wanna see you go through it again.”

“Logan what happened to our son, was…”

“Was what? All Hank could give us was these things happen sometimes. What the fuck does that mean exactly? No.” Logan said shaking his head a bit as he stared down at the floor. “I told you once that I never saw myself as the type ta have kids, and I was proven right.”

“And what of me Logan? I know I was a bit lost in my grief for some time, but I never closed my heart to having more children. What am I suppose to do?”

“Ro, there’s plenty of kids running around here now and they all look to you as a mother figure…”

“But they are not mine, Logan.” She said in a raised voice. She then took a deep breath and moved to stand in front of him. She grabbed his hand in hers and began to speak softly to him. “It wouldn’t be the same as having my own child, our child. A life that we created growing inside of me.” She placed his hand against her belly, but he yanked his hand away.

“No, we aint having anymore kids Ro, ya either deal with it or…”

“Or what?” She asked as she titled her head up a bit, bracing herself for his words. He stared at her, both locked eye contact and held it, until the tears slid from Ororo’s eyes and Logan looked away.

“I just can’t Ro, I can’t.” Logan said and then walked to the patio doors and left out. Ororo stood staring after him, until her legs gave out under her and she crumbled to the floor, sobbing.





You must login () to review.