“Shit!” She exclaimed as she tossed the piece of plastic across the floor, and then plopped down on the toilet.

“Ororo, this is not a bad thing,” Jean said as she retrieved the plastic stick.

“It will be when Logan finds out.” Ororo stated as the tears began to fall from her eyes.

“Oh sweetie,” Jean moved to her and embraced her. “You’re having his child, and as much of an asshole as he may be sometimes, he’s going to love this baby.”

“No,” Ororo said shaking her head. “You didn’t see his face, his eyes when he said he didn’t want another baby. He meant it. Oh Jean what am I going to do?”

“Hon, there’s only one thing you can do. I know you want this baby, so you’ll have to tell Logan. What other option do you have?”

“There’s another option.” Ororo stated as Jean looked at her with questioning eyes.

~~~~

Even before he opened their bedroom door he knew something was off. He slowly opened the door and entered the darkened room. “Ro,” He called out even though his senses had already told him she wasn’t there. His eyes honed in on the white piece of paper lying atop the bed, he picked it up and began reading. “Dear Logan…”

~~~~

She heard the roar of anger fill her mind, felt the fear and then panic and even slight sadness, all of which were quickly consumed by complete rage. She swore she heard the thumping of his heavy boots against the floor even four floors up, and she braced herself for she knew he was coming straight for her. She didn’t look up from her spot at the fully occupied dining room table, when he stormed into the room, with the balled up paper in his hand.

“Where is she? He barked out and when Jean looked up into Logan’s eyes she flinched a bit, taken aback by the way they bulged and the redness of their brims.

“Where’s who Logan?” She attempted to seem confused.

“MY FUCKIN WIFE!” He yelled causing all conversation at the dinner table to stop as all eyes turned to Logan. “And spare me the act, don’t pretend ya don’t know she would have told you where she was going.”

“No she wouldn’t have Logan, especially when she knew I’d be the first person you’d ask.” Jean stated in a calm voice as Scott turned to her, himself wanting an explanation.

“Don’t give me that shit Jean.” Logan hissed out as he tossed the crumpled piece of paper on the table.

“I have no reason to lie Logan, she didn’t tell me anything. She wouldn’t because she knew how I felt about…”Jean stopped herself before she said anything more.

“Felt about what?” Logan asked as he leaned in a bit leering at her.

“I’m sorry Logan that’s something you’ll have to ask Ororo. It’s not my place to say anything.”

“I’ll do just that once you tell me WHERE THE FUCK SHE IS!” Logan yelled causing Scott to stand up in defense of Jean.

“Back off Logan, she already told you she doesn’t know where Ororo is.”

“Yeah Scooter and I say she’s a fucking liar.” Logan said staring directly at Jean with slight hatred and disgust in his eyes, which caused her to look away.

“Honestly Logan she didn’t tell me anything about her plans to leave, nor where she might go. She probably knew if she told me I’d eventually tell you.”

“Fine, use that head of yours, find her.”

“You know I can’t do that Logan,” Jean said a bit miffed he would suggest such a thing.

“Naw ya mean you won’t do it. Where’s that moral high horse of yours when it’s involving finding someone you love?” Logan threw in her face with a snarl and then turned to face the Professor who sat at the head of the table. He had silently been listening and had already made contact with Ororo, who had begged him not to reveal her whereabouts to Logan that she need some time to herself. “Will you help me find her?”

“I think Ororo simply needs time to herself…” Logan cut him off with a chuckle.

“You’ve already made contact with her aint ya? What did she beg you not to tell me where she is?” Logan said half joking but his smirk faded when he realized that’s exactly what had been said. “What the fuck is going on, I leave for a couple of hours on a scouting mission for you and I come back and my wife’s left me and it seems yer all in on it. Why did she leave, why would she, what happened?”

“Logan, just give her some time, I’m sure she’ll come home and tell you everything.” Jean said.

“Fuck you. Fuck all of you, I’ll find her myself.” Logan growled as he stalked from the room.

~~~~

“I don’t know how to thank you.” She said as she tightly embraced her companion.

“You know Remy do anything for you Cher. Even die which may be the case when Logan finds out Remy help you.”

“Goddess, I didn’t even think of that. Of course he’d ask you he knows I think of you like a brother.” Ororo said as she nervously bit her bottom lip.

“No worries, Remy keep good secrets. Now when you get to Louisiana you head straight to Marrero. My people there already gon be looking for you. They will hide you good, not even the Wolverine will be able to find you there.” Ororo arched a brow and threw him a doubtful look. “Well at least not for a week or two, but you’ll have a heads up the second he hits town and you’ll be moved some place else safe, probably the swamps. Even the bes bloodhound will lose a trail they be chasein in them there swamps. You know Cher, you can’t hide from him forever, he’s gon find you sooner or later.”

“I know but hopefully I will have had the…some time to work out somethings.” Ororo said covering her slip, which Remy noticed but didn’t press her on it. He knew if it was something that had her running from Logan it was information he definitely didn’t want to know.

“Well the bes of luck lil sis, and member if you need Remy you only need to call and Remy will come a running.”

“Thank you brother.” Ororo said giving the man another quick hug before she took to the air.

~~~~

He pulled the bike over to the side of the road and lifted the visor and then tilted his head to the sky. He inhaled deeply and caught a whiff of Ororo’s scent but it was fading fast, and he knew soon he’d lose it altogether. She was covering her track from him, but he hoped her scent would last long enough for him to get some direction as to where she was headed. “Ya can’t hide from me forever Ro, I’m gonna find ya darling, and ya better have a damn good explanation when I do.” He flipped the visor back down and sped back out onto the highway.





You must login () to review.