14 Months:

“Just one bite for momma, Keira.” Ororo coaxed as she sat at the table out on the patio with Logan and their daughter. She had been trying unsuccessfully for the past thirty minutes to get Keira to eat her peas. Keira would take the green mushy substances into her mouth only to make a face and then spit it back out on to her plate. When she heard a chuckle behind her Ororo turned to glare at her husband, who sat drinking his beer while he enjoyed watching his family, simply be ‘a family’. “Must you encourage her behavior?”

“Hey don’t blame me because she don’t like peas, maybe if you stop mashing up all her food she’d eat it.”

“I mash it as so she doesn’t choke on it Logan.”

“”Ro she’s 14 months now, she can eat solids and even feed herself. Give her the spoon and leave her be.” Logan said as he made a face at his daughter who in turned giggled and kicked out her legs excitedly.

“She’d make too much of a mess and…”

“”Ro it’s the only way she’s gonna learn,” He said as he reach out and grasped the spoon from his wife’s hand and placed it in his daughter’s. “Here ya go princess.” Logan said with a smile as he gently ruffled her soft white hair, whose loose curls crowned her face. Keira eagerly gripped the spoon, holding it as so it dangled from the bottom of her hand instead of the top. Ororo moved to fix it only to have Logan stop her. “She’s gotta do it herself baby. If that’s what’s comfortable for her leave her to it.” With a defeated sigh Ororo leaned back in her seat and simply watched as their daughter seemingly attacked the food on her plate, making quite a mess. When she got the peas she spoons a large amount into her mouth and began chewing, this brought a bright smile to both her parents face. She then quickly spat it out as she made a disgusted face.

“Nassy.” Keira exclaimed and Logan threw he head back and laughed outright at this and Ororo though disappoint couldn’t help but to be amused herself, as she too giggled. Keira seeing both her parents’ merriment smiled and repeated the action of spooning in some peas and then spitting them back out, which as she had hoped gained her more laughs.

“The kids a riot act.” Logan said through his laughs.

“I’m glad you’re so amused, and since you’re in such high spirit why don’t you go give her a bath while I clean up this mess.” And the smile that had been on Logan’s face faded. Ororo’s smile widened as she hand their messy child to her father, which seemed to make the youngster’s day and she bounced in Logan’s arms. Logan inwardly groaned knowing how much of a tantrum Keira can throw when it was bath time.

“Fine come on Princess its bath-time.”

“No, no baph dada.”

“Sorry pumpkin but yer a mess and we gotta get you cleaned up.” Logan tried to explain as Keira’s eyes widened and her lip jutted out a bit and began to tremble. When the first teardrop fell from her eyes Logan looked to his wife for help, but Ororo simply arched her brow and point towards the house. When Logan moved towards the house is when all hell broke loose.

“Noooooo. No, no, no, no…dada…noooo!” She wailed the entire way they paused briefly as they passed Jean.

“I see its someone’s bath-time.” Jean said with an amused smile at Logan’s expense.

“No…Un Jeen, no baph.” Keira continued to wail as she now reached for Jean.

“Sorry, Angel but your daddy has to give you a bath but I’ll come for you when you’re done and we’ll watch Dumbo and eats lots of popcorn ok.” Jean said and then hurried off unable to bear to see her only godchild so upset with her.

“Chicken!” Logan called after her and she watched her round a corner.

~~~~

“He stalked in to the room water dripping from his body. The two women who had been sitting in the rec room setting out snacks as they awaited Keira both looked up and instantly began to giggle.

“Where is she?” Logan asked gruffly.

“Who?” Ororo asked even though she knew whom he was referring to having seen a very naked Keira run by the room mere seconds before. This was a routine she knew well since she mainly gave the baths. Logan just glared at the two women before him and then lifted his head a sniffed, and then turned and stalked from the room.

“When I find her she’s getting a spanking.” He announce as he walked out. His words made Ororo go after him.

“Logan, she’s just a baby.”

“Yeah but she’s old enough to know better, and she’s at the age where she needs to learn discipline and to obey her mother and father.”

“You are just angry you got wet, now I can see where she gets it from.” Ororo huffed and she fell into step with her husband, who stalked further down the hallway before he stopped just outside the Professor’s office. He didn’t bother knocking before entering.
“Keira N’Dare Howlett, come out here right now!” Logan’s voice boomed and the tiny voice of his daughter squeaked any as her naked form appeared from behind the Professor’s unoccupied desk.

“I sawee dada.” Keira quickly spat out.

“Hmph.” Logan grunted as he moved to her and grasped her tiny hand and then tugged her from the office and back down the hallway. Ororo nervously followed behind knowing that Logan was mad and fearing the punishment their daughter had coming.

“Logan, I use time-out when she’s rowdy.” Ororo offered as she stood outside their bedroom door.

“Yeah ‘Ro and it’s worked wonders,” Logan threw out dryly. “Look if you can’t take me spanking her, and I’m gonna spank her,” He said wanting them both to know he meant business and that the pouts and puppy dog eyes were not gonna work this time. “Then you should go back down stairs.” Ororo just nodded her head and then turned heading back to the staircase, not sparing a look back because she knew Keira was looking to her as her savior. Ororo knew this was just one lesson of many her child would have to learn; never make her father mad.





You must login () to review.