Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah it's been a long, LONG while. I'm trying to do some update. Hope you enjoy and leave a review.
48 Months:



“Shhhh, Keira”



“But it hurts uncle Bobby,” The child Bobby held in his arm whined out as he tried to get her to the medlab without being seen.



“I know and we’re gonna get you to the medlab and get you all patched up, but please be quiet. If your mom or dad find outs you got hurt in the Danger Room, I’m dead meat.”



“I don’t want you to be dead meat uncle Bobby,” Keira said with a sad face as she reached up with her good arm to cup his cheek. “Daddy won’t turn you to dead meat will you daddy?” Bobby’s eyes grew large at her words and he slowly turned to stare into the hard gray eyes of the runt of a man standing behind them.



“Depends Punk’in, what did you do Popsicle?” Logan asked as he reached out and grasped his daughter from the teenager’s arms.



“Oww, daddy…ow,” Keira cried out and instant concern and fear filled Logan as he noticed she was cradling her right arm. A growl escaped him as he shot anger filled eyes at the young man before them.



“What happened?” Logan barked out and both Keira and Bobby jumped a bit, Keira because she had never seen her father so mad and Bobby because he had.



“Auntie Rogue said I rolled when I shuda jumped,” Keira was the one to answer and Bobby inwardly groaned. “Those Sentinels are big but very fast.”



“Sentinels, you had her in a Danger Room session?” Logan asked, as he grew madder by the second.



“I can explain Logan. Kitty, Rogue, and I were all heading down for a session, Keira followed us,” Logan cast his gaze to his little girl, who knew she wasn’t allowed down in the lower levels. Keira nestled her face against her father’s broad chest, trying to hide. “She wanted to come in with us, we told her no that you and Ms. Munroe said she wasn’t allow, but she threw out the puppy dog eyes and the pout. We were all mush, seriously I think ‘that’ may be her mutant powers.”



“What’s a mutant daddy?” Keira asked curiously. It was a word she had heard others in the house say often but whenever she’d asked them about it they’d tell her to ask her parents, who were never forthcoming with an answer either.



“Just another reason to kill your uncle Bobby.” Logan answered as he continued to glare and the boy in front of him.



“Sorry for using the ‘M’ word, and sorry about what happened in the Danger room, but we had all the safety settings on, so basically it was a game of hide and seek, honest. No lasers or anything like that. If the Sentinels spotted you with their beams then you were out. Evil Knievel here was flipping and rolling around, dodging the lights. She was pretty good actually, the only one left standing. I don’t know what happened.”



“There was a snap daddy and it hurt,” Keira added.



“OK darlin, lets get you down to uncle Hank. I’ll deal with you, Rogue, and Kitty later,” Logan threw over his shoulder. “If’n you see ‘Ro, you know nothing.”








“Your momma is gonna be very upset with you when she sees your arm in a cast,” Logan announced as he leaned against one of the medlab table with his arms folded across his chest as he watched his only child who was perch on the hip of her favorite furry uncle, who stood reading some test results he held in his free hand.



“Well maybe not,” Hank stated as he turned and sat Keira on one of the beds and then stepped off to retrieve the ultrasound machine. Hank gently grasped Keira’s arm, without any fussing or resistance from her. He put a small amount of gel on her arm and then ran the ultrasound wand over her arm. Logan moved up along side the bed and stared at monitor. “It would seem that the fracture has already healed itself. Our dear sweet Keira has her mother’s beauty inside and out, and she has your mutant healing factor.” Keira frowned up a bit as she looked at her uncle Hank and then turned her frown upon her father.



“What’s a mutant daddy?” She asked innocently. Hank arched his brows at Logan.



“Hey don’t look at me, ‘Ro said she was still too young to know.”



“Well now that it seems that her powers have manifested I think it would be a good time to tell her.” Hank suggested.



“Come on runt, let’s go find your momma and try to break the news to her.” Logan spoke as he moved to Keira and set her down from the bed onto the floor.



“Just be tactful,” Hank advised and Logan threw him a look that said, ‘Me…tactful’, before he and Keira exited the medlab.








They entered the kitchen; hand in hand, and found Ororo just finishing cleaning up lunch she had fixed for the younger students. She greeted her two favorite people with a huge smile.



“There is my heart and my soul, just in time for lunch,” Ororo said as she grasped the two bowls of Clam chowder from the countertop and moved them to the now empty kitchen table. “What have you two been up to?”



“I broke my arm momma and I’m a mutant.” Keira announced and Logan’s groan was drowned out by the breaking of the bowl that Ororo had been about to set atop the table, but dropped instead.



“We were supposed to be tactful kid.” Logan stated and his only child stared up at him curiously.



“What’s tactful daddy?” She asked and Logan couldn’t help but to smile in adoration at his child. Ororo moved to her daughter and squatted down and reached for her arm.



“What happened to her, she broke her arm?” Ororo asked as she turned Keira to the right, to the left, and then completely around as she searched her for injuries.



“She broke her arm in the Danger Room.” Logan replied.



“What?”



“Don’t worry I’ll be handing out painful punishment to Bobby, Kitty, and Rogue for taking her into the Danger Room.”



“I do not understand, she broke her arm, which arm, they do not look broken.” Ororo said as she continued to search Keira, who grumbled against her mother’s probing.



“Yeah, it was her right arm, but…uhm by the time I got her down to Hank it…uhm had already healed.” Logan spoke timidly.



“I got daddy’s mutant healing factor.” Keira announced proudly with her hands clutched behind her back as she bounced on the balls of her feet, rocking side to side.



“Oh,” Ororo responded a bit dumbfounded, looking as if she had just gotten the wind knocked out of her.



“What’s a mutant momma?”






You must login () to review.